Chanel Classic Flap - Small vs Medium vs Large sizes

I recently purchased the small and decided to exchange it for the medium. The reason I bought the small was mainly that I already have a medium in shw, purchased in 2018, but I wanted a classic flap with gold hw. So I thought to get the small for a change. Also because I thought I could wear the small crossbody and I thought I’d wear it more as it’s a more versatile size. And I have barely worn my medium with silver hw.

However I ended up feeling like it wasn’t the true classic and I missed that feeling. To me the medium is “the” classic. I also personally couldn’t wear the small crossbody comfortably and it just got lost when worn under my arm. The medium you can see more on my frame when worn under my arm. It probably is too big/conspicuous for me for like a walk in my local park or weekend local cafe trip but for that I have a mini, the small would probably be too much for those things as well anyway.

So far I have worn the medium in gold hw a lot, much more than the silver. I think I just prefer the gold hw. I don’t find it too flashy I think because I mainly wear it under my arm and also gold has become more popular I think compared to when I bought the silver one in 2018. The silver is also quite bright and actually I think brighter than the gold. Also the leather of the newer bag is less puffy and shiny so I think it isn’t as obvious.

The small just didn’t feel like it was “it” for me. As I say I think mainly because it was lost under my arm, whereas with the mini whilst also a small bag you can wear it crossbody which is a major bonus to me.

I also agree. I have both small and medium but my favorite is the medium size. It looks great when worn with single or double strap. The small looks a little small when worn with the double strap/under the arm. Also if you have a mini, you can skip the small as they almost have the same capacity with fitting maybe 2 more items (in the small).