Small classic flap vs mini rectangular?

Which bag would you buy?

• Small Classic Flap in Caramel/Lambskin/LGHW

Votes: 96 37.5%
  • Mini Rectangular Flap in Black/Caviar/GHW

Votes: 160 62.5%

• Total voters
Mission Accomplished!!

After 2 trips to the boutique and much consideration, I brought home this beautiful creation, small, black, double flap in lamb w silver hardware. It turned out there were others ahead of me in the queue for the small in GHW. With the minis not anywhere in sight, I was kinda back to square one. I brought my daughter with me yesterday to the boutique to just see the difference b/t SHW and GHW on the medium flaps which are in stock. We both ended up loving the SHW, who knew! My daughter, who is taller, was leaning towards the medium for bigger carrying capacity. At that point, we have settled on SHW and lamb skin for sure. Just before I was ready to go through with the purchase, I asked the SA to bring out a small lambskin one more time for a final side by side look. That was when my daughter and I both absolutely fell in love with the luster and shine of the small. The medium lamb was already shinier and softer to the touch than the caviar. But this small lamb was just stunning under the boutique lighting. We couldn't take our eyes off that luscious shine and how dark the black lambskin was. The leather on the small was also much softer and felt "thicker" (this part could just be totally off the mark as we were so in love with it). In an instance we knew she would be coming home with us. :biggrin:

It was quite an amazing experience, shopping with my son on the first trip and my daughter on the second. We had a blast and the SA was super patient with our constant shifting of "priorities". She entertained them all. Although this is part of her role to help clients explore and find their love, I appreciate her effort nevertheless.

Thanks to all of the wonderful advice and for letting me share my first Chanel experience.

I am adding the side by side of the small vs. medium leather. I would love to hear from the more experienced Chanel owners on whether this is just due to different bags (small vs medium) being made in different batches or even different locations.

View attachment 5931413View attachment 5931414View attachment 5931418
Congratulations on your first Chanel. Its a great pic. Love it!

I don’t know if am allowed to post my own dilemma here but pardon me if it’s not allowed.
I am on the petite side and I mostly use Chanel for fancy ocassions. I currently have mini in caviar but can’t stop thinking about the small. Both goes well on my frame but the mini is perfect for parties and functions.
Should I stick with mini or sell it and put in more money to get the small classic flap.
Any advice would be appreciatedz
Thanx

I don’t know if am allowed to post my own dilemma here but pardon me if it’s not allowed.
I am on the petite side and I mostly use Chanel for fancy ocassions. I currently have mini in caviar but can’t stop thinking about the small. Both goes well on my frame but the mini is perfect for parties and functions.
Should I stick with mini or sell it and put in more money to get the small classic flap.
Thanx
Mini in caviar is so rare. I am afraid you might regret selling it. The small classic flap and mini fit the same amount of stuff.
You wont be able able to wear classic flap cross body… Something to consider if you are used to wearing bags cross body only.

Thanx
FWIW, I was told that the minis will not be coming anytime soon. My original plan was to compare the small vs the mini and possibly get the mini. If you already have the mini, I would vote for keeping it. Small is so elegant but would sit high when you crossbody even for petite frames. I am 5' and here is a shot of my attempt to crossbody the medium for reference. The small sat around the same part of my body. Still doable in a pinch, but now with my lambskin small, I don't think I will be cross bodying it at all.Chanel Medium.jpg

Reactions: darshna17r
Thanx
Don't sell the mini in caviar, I think you'll regret it. It's the perfect little bag.

Don't sell the mini in caviar, I think you'll regret it. It's the perfect little bag.
FWIW, I was told that the minis will not be coming anytime soon. My original plan was to compare the small vs the mini and possibly get the mini. If you already have the mini, I would vote for keeping it. Small is so elegant but would sit high when you crossbody even for petite frames. I am 5' and here is a shot of my attempt to crossbody the medium for reference. The small sat around the same part of my body. Still doable in a pinch, but now with my lambskin small, I don't think I will be cross bodying it at all.View attachment 5932630
Thank you for responding. I think the ever increasing price scares me which is why I was considering the small. I am also the same height so I would be facing the same issue. I don’t want to do both cos it’s almost like having the same thing.