Small classic flap vs mini rectangular?

Which bag would you buy?

• Small Classic Flap in Caramel/Lambskin/LGHW

Votes: 96 37.6%
  • Mini Rectangular Flap in Black/Caviar/GHW

Votes: 159 62.4%

• Total voters
I started with the mini for my first Chanel but ended up buying small classic flap. I liked the look of classic flap better having 4 grommets and versatility of wearing it double strap or long single strap depending on the look i want to go for.

i baby my bags but still went for the Caviar leather since i wear my classic flap a lot, even on groceries and other small errands.
ooh thanks for sharing your experience with both bags. I think the mini is adorable and affordable but I think I’d always want a classic flap anyway. I might end up buying both as well!

I agree with Leena.212. I bought one mini but quickly sold it because it wasn't for me. I purchased the small caramel and it's one of my favourite bags. I like the 4 grommets so I can crossbody and shoulder it whenever I want. The mini is just too long and annoying to adjust the strap.
Omg you have the small caramel! How do you like it so far? And how long have you had it? Is it difficult to maintain and protect the lamb skin leather?

yes haha! tbh the small caramel is even harder than the mini. :smile:
Wow I had no idea haha. I’ve seen so many videos of people wanting and buying the mini that I thought the small classic would actually be easier to get. I’m heading to the Chanel boutiques this weekend to see a couple of the bags. Hopefully I can decide by then.

Reactions: Leena.212
Omg you have the small caramel! How do you like it so far? And how long have you had it? Is it difficult to maintain and protect the lamb skin leather?

I love it. The 22s lambskin is much sturdier than the 21p lambskin. I actually had and sold the 21p mini in caramel because the lambskin was too delicate. 22s is much sturdier and I've had no issues wearing it so far! Although I've only had it for two months so far. Absolutely love it and I know this will stay in my collection long term.

Reactions: chillychews
Hi Everyone!
I’m about to purchase my first Chanel bag and I’m torn between the 22S small classic flap in caramel (Lambskin and champagne or light gold) and the mini rectangular in black (caviar and gold).
Both bags are absolutely beautiful to me and I’m not sure which one to go for. I already have the Celine Triomphe in black leather and gold hardware which is why I was thinking about the caramel small classic but the price and color are throwing me off a little. The mini rectangular is definitely a lot more “affordable” and the black is timeless. I believe both bags are not easy to get and maybe I’ll get both in the future but for now I’m only interested in getting one. Would appreciate any input!

Which bag would you get?

Edit: As of the date of this post, the small classic flap is $8200 and the mini rectangular is $4400. I would be buying directly from the boutique.
They are totally different bags. If both are within your budget I would go for what suits me best right now. They are both super versatile colors that go well for summer and winter and year round but I would go for caramel if you dress more summery with light colors vs if you dress with darker colors. Also idk if you have a lambskin bag already but that’s also something to consider depending on where you live and how often it rains/snows and how comfortable you will feel using a lighter colored lambskin bag.
I just got this beauty and I’m in Florida! I love it but the flap is crooked. I know if I return it I probably won’t get it back if I change my mind.. aaa!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 90
I love it. The 22s lambskin is much sturdier than the 21p lambskin. I actually had and sold the 21p mini in caramel because the lambskin was too delicate. 22s is much sturdier and I've had no issues wearing it so far! Although I've only had it for two months so far. Absolutely love it and I know this will stay in my collection long term.
Did your small caramel flap come a little crooked at the flap? I just got mine and I’m trying to get over it but it does bother me.. I have until Saturday to decide!! I feel like a lot of bags have this but I have also seen perfect ones..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 28
Did your small caramel flap come a little crooked at the flap? I just got mine and I’m trying to get over it but it does bother me.. I have until Saturday to decide!! I feel like a lot of bags have this but I have also seen perfect ones..
Hey! I also received my rectangular mini in black a little crooked but decided to keep as for one, I may not get a replacement anytime soon if I return; and, someone here suggested that next collection may bring another price increase! So Idk maybe that will help you in making decision.
Also, did you try to adjust the flap? I took mine to boutique and the SA tried to adjust it and it is better since then. She also said once I start using it more it will align as it's the nature of lambskin bags.

Hey! I also received my rectangular mini in black a little crooked but decided to keep as for one, I may not get a replacement anytime soon if I return; and, someone here suggested that next collection may bring another price increase! So Idk maybe that will help you in making decision.
Also, did you try to adjust the flap? I took mine to boutique and the SA tried to adjust it and it is better since then. She also said once I start using it more it will align as it's the nature of lambskin bags.
Wow this is such a good point! I kept adjusting the flap manually and I thought to myself that if it were less stiff (brand new) it would probably align perfectly. It seems to be a product of its stiffness because the flaps also sorta stick up instead of lay flat.

Also, how/where did you hear about the price increase? I was watching Super Dacob on youtube and he read some transcript from a presentation the head of Chanel made where he stated that at this point they do not plan any price increases for a while but hope that their new measures will serve to better control the supply… I’m really curious now lol.. He could just be saying that!

Just in case, I got a lady dior in small “blush/fard” color. It gets here tomorrow and I’ll compare and decide

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 56
i prefer the Small!

i recently got a Small classic and i've owned my mini rectangular for a couple months already. initially i wanted the M/L classic since i watched the same reviews as you that say the Small can hold almost the same as a mini.
when i got the Small, i really don't understand how most everyone can say that. my mini can barely hold my cardholder, airpods, keys, phone and a flat sanitizer without bulging a little. with my small i can fit all that plus a (very) small water bottle, lipstick, reusable bag, and sunglasses resting on top, and the bag doesn't even bulge. so capacity wise, i think it all depends on the shape of the things you have, and there is a significant difference bet small vs mini if that matters.

for shoulder vs crossbody, i tend to wear crossbody bags mostly in the winter since it's less uncomfortable on my chest due to jackets and coats. ever since i got the small i've been wearing it a lot this summer on the shoulder either doubled up or single and i love the look of it. in that sense i think the Small is more versatile.

other than that, if you feel like you'll always want a classic flap, then you should aim for a Small before the next price increase :smile:
if you also wanted caviar from the boutique, there are new colors coming out every season and recently they've been bringing back previous colors as well. my small is in caviar and my mini in lambskin, and although i love the luxuriousness of lambskin on my mini, a good season caviar can look just as good and has the added benefit of being more durable!

Wow this is such a good point! I kept adjusting the flap manually and I thought to myself that if it were less stiff (brand new) it would probably align perfectly. It seems to be a product of its stiffness because the flaps also sorta stick up instead of lay flat.

Also, how/where did you hear about the price increase? I was watching Super Dacob on youtube and he read some transcript from a presentation the head of Chanel made where he stated that at this point they do not plan any price increases for a while but hope that their new measures will serve to better control the supply… I’m really curious now lol.. He could just be saying that!

Just in case, I got a lady dior in small “blush/fard” color. It gets here tomorrow and I’ll compare and decide
Hey!
It's just a speculation that there may be price increase. Someone mentioned that in a previous post that "maybe" as chanel have been doing it atleast 2 times a year since last 2 years if I am not wrong. So it's just a guess.
I feel lady Dior is very pretty but I heard it's hard to get stuff in and out from it (depending on size you got). And it doesn't hold up its value which is sad as its a classic.

i prefer the Small!

i recently got a Small classic and i've owned my mini rectangular for a couple months already. initially i wanted the M/L classic since i watched the same reviews as you that say the Small can hold almost the same as a mini.
when i got the Small, i really don't understand how most everyone can say that. my mini can barely hold my cardholder, airpods, keys, phone and a flat sanitizer without bulging a little. with my small i can fit all that plus a (very) small water bottle, lipstick, reusable bag, and sunglasses resting on top, and the bag doesn't even bulge. so capacity wise, i think it all depends on the shape of the things you have, and there is a significant difference bet small vs mini if that matters.

for shoulder vs crossbody, i tend to wear crossbody bags mostly in the winter since it's less uncomfortable on my chest due to jackets and coats. ever since i got the small i've been wearing it a lot this summer on the shoulder either doubled up or single and i love the look of it. in that sense i think the Small is more versatile.

other than that, if you feel like you'll always want a classic flap, then you should aim for a Small before the next price increase :smile:
if you also wanted caviar from the boutique, there are new colors coming out every season and recently they've been bringing back previous colors as well. my small is in caviar and my mini in lambskin, and although i love the luxuriousness of lambskin on my mini, a good season caviar can look just as good and has the added benefit of being more durable!
Thank you so much for sharing!! I was wondering if it makes sense to keep both small classic (black caviar gold hardware) and mini rectangular (black lambskin). Do they look too alike each other to justify the spend? Or maybe I should do mini square or consider pearl crush collection? I appreciate any input you may have!