Singapore tPFers - Is it worth making a trip to Balenciaga in the next week or so?

Ahhh thanks, will keep an eye out for those!

I just did a search on repetto, can't believe I never noticed them before, but just how many pairs of ballet flats does one need ;) ?

aww jade. haha! thanks for the welcome glossie :biggrin:

i have a FW07 black day with handles that are going.. grrrrr! unfortunately they can't do anything for me and the SA suggested waiting until it falls apart to get it replaced completely..

the lanvins start at (i guess depending where you are) about 600+ sgd? cheaper in paris and in singapore and more expensive in the states. it's quite a hefty amount for a pair of shoes but they're so comfortable!! i suggest getting the soles properly outfitted with rubber soles though, to make them last longer. leather much more comfy than patent! oooh they're on 30% at the lanvin store in wisma... :smile: the leather ones run true to size and cause they're elastic they give and take about 1/2 size. i had to half size up for patent ones.

abowron, lol it is! too bad i wasn't carrying one of my bals today. she should go see the store! they have quite a few bags in stock. :biggrin:

unfortunately, they don't even have the color swatches for SS08 yet!!

Argh why oh why do I miss out on the sales in SG?

I can't buy shoes online because I tend to veer between a few sizes depending on the brand, and even within the same brand, different sizes in different styles. Christian Louboutins are the worst for me, I have pairs in 3 different sizes! Pluiee, I so hear you abt the heels looking great in the store, and then getting blisters when you wear them.

I know! How bad is it that the Bal SG store doesn't even have the SS08 swatches? I was so disappointed, because Bal SG is the closest Bal store to me!

There is a pewter city on *bay calling my name, and I am valiantly trying to resist, but the BIN price is less than USD$900! I will not click on BIN, I will not click on BIN, I WILL NOT CLICK ON BIN!

OMG!! tell me about it!!! i really want it. the pewters are my favorite bal metallic but.. :O *must resist* maybe you can BIN, so i won't!! ;p kidding!! resist!! or maybe your DH's christmas present?? ;)

are they very differently sized?? or half size apart? try them when you come home! on peddler, though, is already sound out of them!!

yahh me too. it's okay, i think it's coming in right after christmas. :smile: you can see all the bags when you come next! you know, the prices for giant hardware are pretty comparable to USA. it's 2.6+ for GH city and if you can get the 10% it's 2.4+, which is what 1595usd works out too.. I guess their RH ones are way more marked up..

I just don't think I will use a pewter city much, so I will try my best to avoid evilbay today.

CL suedes, I'm size 38, leather ones I'm a size 39, patents I'm a 40!!

So what date do you leave SG? I'll be there on 25th Jan!

Damn! Oh well, next time! I will be in SG again towards end of June for my sister's wedding.

Love your new lizard clutch!

Hubby bought me a violet SGH Day, well, NM has to get it back first (a tPFer is returning it!) and then it's MINE MINE MINE!

haha, so many things can happen in bal land within a few hours!

saw your reply to me in your thread, pluiee. thanks but i want a blue roi bag bigger than the toilet case! (btw, can you recall how much it costs after discount?) i saw a pic of blue bbags in the reference library and i think it's the best blue of the lot! i recently had to see someone take away a blue roi day from RDC :crybaby:

JadeLeaves > wonderful *accidental* present from hubby! :graucho:congrats in advance! i've been quiet in catcat's lounge cos i had to go slow on the bubbly :shame: my 3rd bbag won't arrive till after xmas :rolleyes:

pluiee, before i bought the pewter and blue india, I've never had a day. First time I tried in on was at Bal SG, and I loved it, but the tomato they had wasn't doing it for me, so I didn't buy it.

glossie! what's your 3rd bbag?? Is it a day?

I am loving my day bbags. It's perfect for a casual day out, and fits so much in there. I'm loving the deeper pockets too.

I lucked out with the violet sgh day. I've been hankering for one, but didn't want to pay over retail on *bay or RDC, so finding one instore was a bonus! Of course, it has to be returned to the store before it's mine, hopefully the tPFer won't change her mind!

I'm getting it sent to a friend's place in US, and she will send it on to me, so it might not get here till after Christmas. She'll probably send my BG city at the same time too! :wlae::yahoo:

pluiee, have a big plate of hainanese chicken rice for me!

heh, you got it right, Jade. i'll disclose when the bag's in my grubby hands. meantime, i'm still lusting for Prada. the s/s08 collection looks promising :nuts: and i wish i can own some discontinued styles from LV or Gucci. what do you think of LV's Ellipse and Marelle backpacks? my taste is rather weird, i know... :P

Haha good to know you're joining the day club :P

Personally, I'm not into backpacks, so can't comment on the ones you asked abt! I have lost interest in my LV :sad: and the only LV item I use now are my luggage, keypouch and wallet. Not really into Gucci either, except for some of their shoes and scarves. Buy more bbags instead! ;) ;)