Show your *love* for Chanel Ballet Flats

Can we talk about fit/tts? i have a reasonably high arch (or so i have been told) so wondering if this ballet flat would suit me? Is the toe box very narrow? I struggle with fitting into alot of ballet flats but they are the perfect shoe for my casual lifestyle. Would the cambon style suits a wider foot/high arch better?

For me, I wear a size 38 in Chanel and a size 37.5 in other brands like Christian Louboutin and Roger Vivier. I also know another person that goes likes to go up a half size in Chanel.

As for the Chanel ballets, I actually find the toe box roomy, which is why I love them. I use ballets as a walking shoe, so I literally walk around all day in them and they feel great. The cut of the vamp (is that what it's called... the toe part) is nice because it covers enough vs. other ballet that have a very tiny toe part and barely cover anything which them makes your feet look like they are plump and oozing out of the shoe (I hope that made sense!).

On the cambon style, well... for me, it is cuter on display than on my feet. The toe part covers too much; it goes up nearly 1/3 of the way up my feet. And the leather is a thick leather, add on top the CC and it looks very bulky. I love shoe and have tried it on several times (as if my feet were going to look differently in it one day!). But the last time I tried it on, I was with my husband and asked his opinion and he said he made me look like I had really swollen fee due to the way the top is cut. So for me, it doesn't work. I expect it will look great on other folks.

I think ballets look good a tiny bit on the loose side, they look very carefree and chic.

I hope this was helpful.

I find the sizes all over the place depending on the style and the leather. My cambon flats were 37.5 but the quilted cambon flats were a 38.5. I have a pair of mary janes and they were a 38. I'm assuming that the sizes are in the french sizing where a 38 is equal to a US size 7. I always try them on first because I can't assume that I will take the same size in every style of flats.

wantitneedit said:
Can we talk about fit/tts? i have a reasonably high arch (or so i have been told) so wondering if this ballet flat would suit me? Is the toe box very narrow? I struggle with fitting into alot of ballet flats but they are the perfect shoe for my casual lifestyle. Would the cambon style suits a wider foot/high arch better?

I also have a high arch and a wide foot and often struggle for shoes that are comfortable. I am amazed at how nicely my black Chanel's fit me so well and how comfortable they are, from the moment I tried them at the store. There was no break-in period. The comfort was amazing so I bought them for a trip to Paris in March that would be a lot of walking. I wore them almost every day for about ten days in Paris and they were great! I did bring inserts with me which I did use as after a few long days the shoes did stretch a tad. I was especially pleased that the toe box stretched a little bit. Now in the summer I am wearing them to work a couple times a week and don't need inserts because of the heat and my bare feet. They remain just incredibly comfortable and... They still look new!

My Gold metallics are a little stiffer and will need some breaking in... Still comfy just not as comfy as the black with the black patent cap toe. I agree with another poster who said you have to try each style and see what works. I am very happy with both pairs but most especially happy with the black/black patent cap toe that really fit my Trouble-feet so well without pain. I'm sticking with the classics in Chanel ballet flats. When I tried the Cambon style, they were comfortable but I didn't feel I had enough support and I didn't like the way they looked on my feet...

I hope this helps you!

wantitneedit said:
thanks so much willeyi and Minette, ill keep your thoughts in mind when i'm scouting around.....

If you are considering buying more ballets, think about the red ballet from this season. It's a limited color and to die for and I know they are selling fast. You have probably already read several TPFers have bought them and I am sure you see all the posts about 12A red madness. I am wearing mine now and love them. I posted a pic above.

Enjoy your new flats! They look great!