Show your *love* for Chanel Ballet Flats

bklner2014

Feb 5, 2014
i brought them in december 2018 but didn’t wear them until february for 2 days and they were still so tight i remember wearing them to work and hating them but then summer came and i started to wear them more often first with pop socks and plasters ( to save myself from blisters) for 3/4 days at a time and they must have softened quite quickly because i then more often abroad so i’ve wore them a handful of times but for a full 3/4 days everyday just this summer alone so they definitely do stretch quite quickly because i can’t remember them feeling uncomfortable except those first few days i feel if you start wearing them around more often within 2 months they’d be softer and i also never have them in the box without the stuffing etc so maybe that helped loosen up PS i also brought the wrong size i ended up getting half a size too big because they were tight at the store but now they softened they have a lot more space around the back so they’ve really creased around the back but now the next time i’ve brought a smaller size i haven’t wore those ones yet but i’m hoping they’ll be a better fit with less creasing hope that helps and definitely wear them they’re your chanel flats X
Thank you for taking the time to respond, this is sooo helpful! :smile: I can't believe you were able to tolerate the discomfort for 2 days... my threshold is far lower, but I really should give it a try! It's also helpful to know that the shoes you found tight at the store ended up softening so much that they are now looser, as it'd be something to consider should I decide to buy Chanel shoes again (I am hesitant after this ballet flat purchase...)

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
Hi, would you mind letting me know how long it's taken for your flats to stretch out? I bought a black pair a few years ago and they perfectly well at the boutique but proved too tight when I took them home (so frustrating!), so I haven't worn them yet, and am wondering if I should just give the pair up...
No, they stretch quite a bit.

Reactions: bklner2014

bklner2014

Feb 5, 2014
@Leyahx34 @880 I took your advice, kept my flats and wore them out for the first time on Sunday. At first the flats were tight but not super uncomfortable. Then as the evening wore on they got soooo painful because my feet probably swelled due to walking and alcohol. I even ended up with blisters too due to the tight fit. But will keep trying... Maybe I will wear them with stockings the next time to minimize the chances of getting blisters.

As an upside, they look sooo pretty! I hope the flats loosen up and become comfortable soon, and may consider getting another pair if it works. Thank you again for your input!

• Wow
Reactions: 880

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
@Leyahx34 @880 I took your advice, kept my flats and wore them out for the first time on Sunday. At first the flats were tight but not super uncomfortable. Then as the evening wore on they got soooo painful because my feet probably swelled due to walking and alcohol. I even ended up with blisters too due to the tight fit. But will keep trying... Maybe I will wear them with stockings the next time to minimize the chances of getting blisters.

As an upside, they look sooo pretty! I hope the flats loosen up and become comfortable soon, and may consider getting another pair if it works. Thank you again for your input!
Oh no! Maybe wear them around the house a bit with a tiny dab of shoe stretch liquid (from the cobbler). Not too much though as it can stain the inside of the shoe. I have a wider foot and only go down a half size. . . older ones made in France IMO are cut larger (37) than the newer ones (37.5) made in Italy. for espadrilles and some summer Chanel’s, I go up a half size to a 38. I wear a gucci Or tods size 37 loafer And valentino 37.5 flat mule (38 for the cage kitten heel). HTH. Good luck and hope you are not in too much pain!

Last edited:

bklner2014

Feb 5, 2014
Oh no! Maybe wear them around the house a bit with a tiny dab of shoe stretch liquid (from the cobbler). Not too much though as it can stain the inside of the shoe. I have a wider foot and only go down a half size. . . older ones made in France IMO are cut larger (37) than the newer ones (37.5) made in Italy. for espadrilles and some summer Chanel’s, I go up a half size to a 38. I wear a gucci Or tods size 37 loafer And valentino 37.5 flat mule (38 for the cage kitten heel). HTH. Good luck and hope you are not in too much pain!
Thanks @880 ! It sounds like we are the same shoe size (37?), and I bought size 37 for the Chanel flats. Thank you for the tip on shoe stretch liquid, I actually found a bottle on my shoe shelf so will have to try it! I am more of a FitFlop person due to problematic foot issues, so shoe pain is totally out of my comfort zone. :smile:

• Love
Reactions: 880