Show us your HERMES FINE JEWELRY!

To clarify: this thread is for Hermès GOLD only.

For anything on Hermes silver please post here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/ode-to-silver.434223/

If a newbie or someone accidentally posts on silver and you'd like to send words of admiration or answer a question, please don't answer here but wait till their post is moved to the Ode to Silver thread.

TY

Hello all, I am considering a pretty expensive gold and diamond watch from H. I know they do not keep value as well as time pieces from other companies. I am wondering as to your opinion on future of it in terms of passing it on to kids. I guess what I want to hear is that the more expensive pieces are more rare and therefore keep value but even more than that I want to hear the honest truth

Hello all, I am considering a pretty expensive gold and diamond watch from H. I know they do not keep value as well as time pieces from other companies. I am wondering as to your opinion on future of it in terms of passing it on to kids. I guess what I want to hear is that the more expensive pieces are more rare and therefore keep value but even more than that I want to hear the honest truth
If you don't care about value and the public image and love the design, go for it. I personally decided to never buy a Hermès watch. I would rather invest in Rolex, PP, AP because they keep value and are known as watch brands. And to be honest: As a child I would rather get a Rolex than a Hermès watch :coolio:

The common more expensive pieces won’t keep their value any better than the cheaper ones; in fact they probably go for even less as it’s harder to find a buyer the higher the price point. Unless it’s a true LE watch (of which Hermes makes many, they are typically $50k+ and individually numbered) then perhaps it will keep at least 50% value but even then you’re at the mercy of H rereleasing and/or the design not being iconic enough to be worth the demand second hand. If you care at all about investment value, H jewelry/watches should unfortunately be a non starter.

The common more expensive pieces won’t keep their value any better than the cheaper ones; in fact they probably go for even less as it’s harder to find a buyer the higher the price point. Unless it’s a true LE watch (of which Hermes makes many, they are typically $50k+ and individually numbered) then perhaps it will keep at least 50% value but even then you’re at the mercy of H rereleasing and/or the design not being iconic enough to be worth the demand second hand. If you care at all about investment value, H jewelry/watches should unfortunately be a non starter.

100%

Reactions: Cmpb33
Buy it if you think the design is beautiful. But it’s not going to be worth as much. At least now. Until Hermes is somehow able to create hype around the watches, which may or may not happen.

The upside of getting a limited edition one is you won’t see it as much on the market so it won’t remind you of the lost value. :smile: Am I too much of a bright side thinker?

If it's quartz watch, any brand, basically it is 'only' jewellery that tells the time.

As with any jewellery, buy with wearing in mind and as an investment in personal style rather than resale or passing down. When we think that any wool H coat now easily will cost over $6K +, FJ and watches seem better value for money than most other H. I was considering a Pierre Hardy Niloticus collection FJ necklace, around £19K- (obviously more now even if available). So high fashion, only wearable occasionally, a stand out piece for price of a couple of standard bags. A watch would be so much more useful because you can wear it almost every day.

Your children will value something because it's given from you, or, may sell because the style is not 'very them' regardless of brand. You have to buy things for yourself, the things I value passed down from my parents the most are the things I remember them wearing/using the most, memories are the most valuable things we can give the next gen.

Unfortunately Hermes high jewellery and exceptional timepieces don’t retain their value. Off the resale market, they are available at 40-50% off the RRP.

Exceptional timepieces are great pathways to *ahem* “birkings” though. I’m sorry I couldn’t help but to make ref to the ongoing lawsuit. Just for laughs k.