Should I feel guilty? Python bag.

Rondafaye

O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
I have been craving a python bag and I love the Zagliani, but it's way out of my price range. I found this bag on EBay and realize it's very similar to the Zagliani, but waaay cheaper ($245) and, well, I was weak and bought it. Of course, I am hoping I actually receive it and that it looks half as good as the photo would suggest.

I'm feeling guilty, though. Even though it isn't technically a fake (not marketed as Zagliani, no Zagliani name) . . . Has anyone else ever purchased a "similar to" bag? Should I be totally ashamed?

P3039237.jpg

I thought you were feeling guilty about having a python bag for animal welfare reasons when I read your title.:lol:

No, there's nothing wrong with having an "inspired" bag. I think many designers steal ideas from each other. It isn't a fake since they aren't trying to pass it off as the original designer. Enjoy it!

I thought you were feeling guilty about having a python bag for animal welfare reasons when I read your title.:lol:

No, there's nothing wrong with having an "inspired" bag. I think many designers steal ideas from each other. It isn't a fake since they aren't trying to pass it off as the original designer. Enjoy it!

haha, i was thinking the same thing!

I personally don't like inspired bags BUT it is absolutley fine if you feel happy with it - its not a fake so there's no problem :smile: Enjoy!

Well, it's supposed to be genuine python infused with silicone to make the skins softer. I wouldn't have even known it was imitative of the Zagliani if I weren't a member of this forum, and I doubt that anyone I know will know. Let's just say I don't know anyone else who is into handbags like we all are.

I'll post a photo when it arrives so we can see how it looks in person.

Well, since it's supposed to be genuine python . . . I guess I actually murdered one or two. Or three. But I wear leather, so . . .

And, no, I didn't cancel the D'Angel Tia in natural. I am justifying my bad behavior by consoling myself with the thought that I sold four bags this week.

is it just me, or does anyone ever think, pythons are snakes, and better the snake is the goner than me? :smile: hee hee. Ok, I'm sure I have outraged some activists out there, but here's my ignorant question: Are people against python for the python's sake or for the workers related to the industry that have to capture the pythons and put themselves at risk? THEN I would feel bad about python.

However, back to the point, lovely bag and can't wait to see pics of the real thing!!!