Should I feel guilty? Python bag.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have been craving a python bag and I love the Zagliani, but it's way out of my price range. I found this bag on EBay and realize it's very similar to the Zagliani, but waaay cheaper ($245) and, well, I was weak and bought it. Of course, I am hoping I actually receive it and that it looks half as good as the photo would suggest.

I'm feeling guilty, though. Even though it isn't technically a fake (not marketed as Zagliani, no Zagliani name) . . . Has anyone else ever purchased a "similar to" bag? Should I be totally ashamed?

[​IMG]

2. I thought you were feeling guilty about having a python bag for animal welfare reasons when I read your title.:lol:

No, there's nothing wrong with having an "inspired" bag. I think many designers steal ideas from each other. It isn't a fake since they aren't trying to pass it off as the original designer. Enjoy it!

3. haha, i was thinking the same thing!

I personally don't like inspired bags BUT it is absolutley fine if you feel happy with it - its not a fake so there's no problem :smile: Enjoy!

4. Gorgeous bag, love that shape!

5. i like the bag.. cute color.

6. Awesome color Rhonda! Such a deep and rich looking red.

7. Well, it's supposed to be genuine python infused with silicone to make the skins softer. I wouldn't have even known it was imitative of the Zagliani if I weren't a member of this forum, and I doubt that anyone I know will know. Let's just say I don't know anyone else who is into handbags like we all are.

I'll post a photo when it arrives so we can see how it looks in person.

8. cant wait to see it! i hope its even better in person..

9. I see nothing wrong with designer inspired bags, enjoy!

Linda

10. It's GORGEOUS! Nothing wrong with designer inspiration -- you did good!

11. Very nice. Did you cancel the other python bag?

12. I would not know a Zagliani unless it was handed to me with a label, so I think you made a great choice! Hope it meets your expectations...I know how that is with stuff on eBay.

13. Great color.No, don't feel guilty, you saved a python!:graucho:

14. Well, since it's supposed to be genuine python . . . I guess I actually murdered one or two. Or three. But I wear leather, so . . .

And, no, I didn't cancel the D'Angel Tia in natural. I am justifying my bad behavior by consoling myself with the thought that I sold four bags this week.

15. is it just me, or does anyone ever think, pythons are snakes, and better the snake is the goner than me? :smile: hee hee. Ok, I'm sure I have outraged some activists out there, but here's my ignorant question: Are people against python for the python's sake or for the workers related to the industry that have to capture the pythons and put themselves at risk? THEN I would feel bad about python.

However, back to the point, lovely bag and can't wait to see pics of the real thing!!!