Should I feel guilty? Python bag.

is it just me, or does anyone ever think, pythons are snakes, and better the snake is the goner than me? :smile: hee hee. Ok, I'm sure I have outraged some activists out there, but here's my ignorant question: Are people against python for the python's sake or for the workers related to the industry that have to capture the pythons and put themselves at risk? THEN I would feel bad about python.

However, back to the point, lovely bag and can't wait to see pics of the real thing!!!

It's for the pythons sake....THEY SKIN THEM ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crybaby:

That's a gorgeous bag.I don't think you have any reason to feel guilty...a lot of designers cpoy each others styles.As an earlier poster said,as long as they're not trying to pass their own bag off as someone else's...It's lovely enjoy.

I thought you were feeling guilty about having a python bag for animal welfare reasons when I read your title.:lol:

quote]

I totally did too!

hah I did too!

Let us know the quality when you get it. I do like the look of it. In regards to feeling guilty about the style, I wouldn't. Everyone copies off of each other and that shape to me seems done quite a lot and I don't think it's that unique to a particular brand.

I really do wonder if it's real though. Seems awfully inexpensive. I've always wanted a python bag as well. I love the look of the BE python clutch or trimmed bag. That's the only other skin I wouldn't feel as guilty about. I couldn't do furs, ostrich, or crocodile though. For some reason I don't feel as bad about snakes. I do feel bad if they are skinned alive though! Hopefully it isn't true about all python skins though although I think they do it in less developed countries because it's more effiecient.

is it just me, or does anyone ever think, pythons are snakes, and better the snake is the goner than me? :smile: hee hee. Ok, I'm sure I have outraged some activists out there, but here's my ignorant question: Are people against python for the python's sake or for the workers related to the industry that have to capture the pythons and put themselves at risk? THEN I would feel bad about python.

However, back to the point, lovely bag and can't wait to see pics of the real thing!!!

I feel bad for the python. Not to mention, many of them are not farm raised and are illegally captured in Asia and the amazon. There was an article about a year ago in the Wall Street Journal about python vs anaconda and the extinction dangers, etc. related to the fashion industry.

As a python owner, pythons are not venomous and are usually not dangerous unless they are extremely large reticulated pythons in the jungle. They are more afraid of you than you are of them. Poor pythons :cry: However, I am a leather and beef lover so I cannot be a critic because I have murdered many a cow.

I'll let y'all know if it's the real thing when it arrives. Here's part of the description and a couple of closer-up pics.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Exotic python is exquisitely crafted in a vintage-inspired frame shape,[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] and detailed with soft pleating, the snakeskin used has been injected with silicone,[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] resulting in the most buttery-soft, luxurious feel.

P3039242.jpg

P3039245.jpg

[/FONT]