Shopping:
1. Galleria (610 & Westheimer)
2. Highland Village
3. Rice Village
4. Uptown Park

Eating:
1. Prego - italian (Rice Village) Great food and wonderful wine selection
2. El Tiempo - Mexican
3. Lupe Tortilla - Mexican (59 & Shepherd)
4. Tony's (59 & Greeway)

There are sooo many places that could be listed!! Makes me want to shop and eat tight now!

^^^
mi luna. that place is DELICIOUS! the saffron rice, goat cheese dip...MMM! that is the first place i took my SO the first time he visited houston.

binid's right. there are SO many amazing places to eat and shop (and eat, LOL)!

I went to NM in the Galleria about a week ago and I didn't see any Balenciaga bags :sad: do you have to ask for them? Or maybe I didn't search enough. I love going in that store. It's so serene and white lol. Very clean O_o
speaking of Balenciaga bags: any specials going on right now? *crosses fingers*

we need to make a thread on where to buy these things in Houston xD I never knew about some of these places.

I've gone to Buffalo Exchange and ran right out. Horrible! Saw many gay men walking around holding hands though, now that was a sight lol. The store is pretty....bad. IMO. I saw clothes there that still had the original tags on them but I would just feel awkward buying from a thrift store. Maybe that's just me though

er...sorry seeing two men holding hands scares you. you should probably stay out of montrose if this is "a sight" for you.

the last time i was at neiman's, the bags were over across from cartier. they had a lot less than usual, and they were with the lanvin and bottega bags. TB bags had taken over the front and center display where bal used to be.

I went to NM in the Galleria about a week ago and I didn't see any Balenciaga bags :sad: do you have to ask for them? Or maybe I didn't search enough. I love going in that store. It's so serene and white lol. Very clean O_o
speaking of Balenciaga bags: any specials going on right now? *crosses fingers*

we need to make a thread on where to buy these things in Houston xD I never knew about some of these places.

I've gone to Buffalo Exchange and ran right out. Horrible! Saw many gay men walking around holding hands though, now that was a sight lol. The store is pretty....bad. IMO. I saw clothes there that still had the original tags on them but I would just feel awkward buying from a thrift store. Maybe that's just me though

They moved the Bals to the side by the elscalator to the men's floor in the basement, sorta to the right of the store when you enter from the mall entrance. They do not display all the Bals they have, probably just 30% of their inventory, and rest goes to the back room. I ask them why, they say that certain colors do not go with their whole store display color theme.

The Buffalo exchange in Houston was a lot better than the one in Austin. The one in Austin was really ghetto last time I was there, I don't know if they're better now. I don't buy from them, I only sell my used clothing, and they have a weird way of filtering what they'd take, basically it's everything from the 70s or J. crew IMHO.

i've never had luck at either buffalo exchange in houston, and the one in austin has ALways been a hot mess.

i think the only good thing i've run across in houston was a pair of jil sander shoes, but they were about three sizes too big.

^^^
it said "post oak center." is that the strip with DSW/maggiano's or the one on post oak/san felipe with luby's? is there large available space in either? none of those stores are very big...

EDIT: btw, i'm following luby's on twitter. LOLZ! they tell you when they're having special deals...i love that place!

I'm betting it's going to be across the street from the Luby's one...where Eatzi's used to be. It's the only area on Post Oak I can think of with lots of empty space right now!

Has anyone been to Lenny e Cia, in Uptown Park?
There is a little bit of shopping to be had in Uptown, but it's more for like a lunch break stroll rather than a planned trip.

I also can't stand Buffalo Exchange. They just have a bunch of things that aren't my style. And it smells strange.

^^^
yesss! you're so smart. i didn't even think about that side of post oak, but i'm sure you're right.

uptown park is OK. i've never been to the store you mentioned, but i agree it's sort of a browsing area. i love cafe express too!

I completely forgat to mention Barnaby's ( 604 Fairview by montrose and westheimer) (713) 522-01060. If you like hamburgers and avocado that's the place to be. I've been going for over 10 years and I always get the guacamole hamburger. It is seriously the best burger ever!!!

i love barnaby's too (i think someone did mention it earlier in the thread). the salmon is great and the prices are very reasonable. also love cafe brazil and empire cafe on westheimer near dunlavy.

^^^I go to barnaby's for the guacamole burger and then the empire cafe for cake and milk!!! Mmmm!!! I'm getting hungry now~
I really wanna try Katz' What would you recommend???

er...sorry seeing two men holding hands scares you. you should probably stay out of montrose if this is "a sight" for you.

the last time i was at neiman's, the bags were over across from cartier. they had a lot less than usual, and they were with the lanvin and bottega bags. TB bags had taken over the front and center display where bal used to be.

sorry, I don't think I worded that right lol. It doesn't scare me to see two men holding hands. I just mean that it was a lot more interesting to see than what they have at Buffalo Exchange. The place is a snooze. And to whoever said it smells weird: ITA.
I was looking for some shoes there when I went and I felt grossed out because some of them were really old and beaten up and had a disgusting smell

I'll have to go to the Galleria again soon to take a look at those Balenciagas :o thanks!