Travel Shopping in Houston?

^^^
that sandwich sounds SO DELISH! i LOVE pesto and LOVE chicken salad, so i will have to try it when i'm there.

my dad LOVES the reuben sandwich at katz's. i usually share the frittata with my mom, it comes with a ton of stuff - english muffin, bacon, i forget what else, but it's a lot of food and can easily be shared. i love the matzo ball soup, and the plain ol' club sandwich is also great. oh, the hot dogs are awesome too and the fried pickles are a MUST. the best in the city, imho.

hi everyone! i will be going to Houston at the end of July. This will be my second trip there and I must agree with everyone that the Galleria is great for shopping! :tup:

May I please ask if anyone has been to the Houston Premium Outlets? It is under the Chelsea Premium Outlets group. I have been to the one in New York and returned with loads of bargains! (Juicy Couture, Coach, Kate Spade, Calvin Kleins, etc). Am just wondering if the Houston one is any good? I also noticed from the Houston Premium Outlets website that they do not have any Gucci, Bottega, Tods or Space (Prada) outlets like the one in New York. Still, will appreciate any advice if it is worth going!

I will be staying in JW Marriott on Westheimer. Is it far to get to the Houston Premium Outlets?

Thank you in advance! :smile:

off 5th and last call at katy mills makes it far better than the premium outlets. plus it's indoors. shopping outdoors in houston's hot humid weather can be exhausting.
i'm also not a fan of buffalo exchange... infact, all of the thrift shops in montrose is overpriced for pre-worn stuff.

hi MsCEM, robbins65 and esile, thank you for your replies! I would love a visit to the Coach, Kate Spade and Juicy Couture outlet stores but am still contemplating if I should take the trouble to go there.

Will appreciate if there are more suggestions for outlet shopping :biggrin: Also, will there be any sale at the end of Aug?

Cheers!

August 21-23 is tax-free weekend. Usually lots of sales. Even though you only save 8%, merchants will mark down more stuff. It'll be a mad house at the outlets.

the tax-free weekend is only on purchases $100 and under and excludes a bevy of things like handbags, swimsuits, etc. it's only good on things that are OK-ed by the gov as being potential back-to-school gear.