Shop-Hers.com high end consign online..anyone use it?

Hi. I just read what you wrote and wanted to help. Truthfully, the quality is never fully disclosed. The owner is a lier and another story about the girl who saw everything but never had. I just have a thing about people who think they know fashion by looking at MOMS and reading Rachel Zoe report and then say she a businesswoman for 10 years.

After years of meeting various consigners in la and ny I have to say its best to keep an open mind, because if they have your stuff, and you have no trust...then they have the opportunity to take advantage. I have had the pleasure of consigning my items and actually trust the young lady. Personally, I find working with people with ethics these days is impossible, so I'm lucky I found one.

I'm against shop hers. I don't like the owner posting her videos of herself and her outer beauty for hunger, but not at the cost of hurting your clients. I had a Chanel dress sold for 49$ without my permission. And I'm supposedly a VIP. And my Prada wool coat discounted without even an email. On a positive side, competition is getting tough and I have no patience for bad attitudes, so I have found a great place that I'm getting to know slowly, but they only charge 20% as long as you submit 3 items and start with a minimum of them selling 1000.

I just bought a pair of Chanel sunglasses because there was a nice discount offered. I know that they inspect their designer goods before the items are shipped to guarantee authenticity. But I know sometimes things fall through the cracks (I have seen on a rare occasion a fake pair of jeans on Linda's Stuff on eBay). I also know that legitimate authentication services do not authenticate Chanel sunglasses so I have to rely solely on Shop-Hers to do their homework. Anyway, I was hoping if any TPF'ers have had issues with authenticity from Shop-Hers and would be willing to share their stories. Many thanks in advance!

I'm against shop hers. I don't like the owner posting her videos of herself and her outer beauty for hunger, but not at the cost of hurting your clients. I had a Chanel dress sold for 49$ without my permission. And I'm supposedly a VIP. And my Prada wool coat discounted without even an email. On a positive side, competition is getting tough and I have no patience for bad attitudes, so I have found a great place that I'm getting to know slowly, but they only charge 20% as long as you submit 3 items and start with a minimum of them selling 1000.

Hi,
Are you saying that it is part of the contract that you sign with Shop Hers that allows them to lower your selling price without asking? Or is not something that you ever agreed to? I am curious because I would like to sell through them.

7I'm against shop hers. I don't like the owner posting her videos of herself and her outer beauty for hunger, but not at the cost of hurting your clients. I had a Chanel dress sold for 49$ without my permission. And I'm supposedly a VIP. And my Prada wool coat discounted without even an email. On a positive side, competition is getting tough and I have no patience for bad attitudes, so I have found a great place that I'm getting to know slowly, but they only charge 20% as long as you submit 3 items and start with a minimum of them selling 1000.

I have a personal as wel as a VIP closet. I received an email from my VIP closet organizer in July notifying me that a new policy was being launched the following week. It said that if we have items in our VIP closet for 1 month+ they will be reduced by 20% and at 5 months + 50% or you can ask for the items to be returned to you or contact them to make adjustments along the way. Excluded are Hermes, Chanel and Louis Vuitton that are over $995 as well as fine jewelry and watches.
They then listed my items that were going to be marked down.

The price reduction only affects VIP closets and not personal closets.

You may want to contact your VIP closet organizer and ask about the price reduction especially because you weren't notified.

Anyone else have trouble uploading photos when creating a listing? Tried 3 different browsers on 2 different laptops. JPEG and all under 1 MB in size.
Sent a message to their customer service but no reply.

I decided to try selling on this site after a long time career on Ebay as I am sick of their policy changes(Paypal 6 month returns!!)

Any other feedback or tips for selling through this site would also be appreciated.

I am also considering trying Tradesy but the 14 day hold on funds for high end items (Which is mostly all I sell) I do not find acceptable.

Anyone else have trouble uploading photos when creating a listing? Tried 3 different browsers on 2 different laptops. JPEG and all under 1 MB in size.
Sent a message to their customer service but no reply.

I decided to try selling on this site after a long time career on Ebay as I am sick of their policy changes(Paypal 6 month returns!!)

Any other feedback or tips for selling through this site would also be appreciated.

I am also considering trying Tradesy but the 14 day hold on funds for high end items (Which is mostly all I sell) I do not find acceptable.

You're only uploading the pics one at a time, right? I think that's the only way to do it.

My only tip is to take good pics and describe your item thoroughly and accurately. I see a lot of things listed on Shop-Hers that are missing vital pictures and have no description at all.

Oh, and factor in insurance and your shipping costs to their address in Santa Monica (in addition to your fees) when setting your prices. :smile:

I was finally able to upload my photos, I had to use my Ipad. Quite challenging to make a professionally formatted listing like I am accustomed to creating on Ebay, No tools for formatting,Font sizes, bold text, highlights, underlines etc. I finally just copied and pasted from word, but it still did not look near as professional as I would of liked.

I looked at many listings in the LV section. Most listings and photos were terrible. Many had a mix of photos from the internet and what appeared to be their own low res photos from their phones. I'm not sure I would be comfortable buying from most of these sellers.

The lowest condition you could choose for listing was "Gently Used" some of the listings I looked at were far from what I would describe as gently used!

I'm going to put up a few more items and see how it goes. It is really sad that it seems there are few decent alternatives to Ebay for professional sellers like myself.

Actually there are a handful of professional sellers there

But Shop Hers 18% commission probably scares away a lot of professional sellers

I personally never have issue with uploading photos but wish Shop Hers has its app like Tradesy (although Tradesy's app can definitely be improved and add more features from website)!

I was finally able to upload my photos, I had to use my Ipad. Quite challenging to make a professionally formatted listing like I am accustomed to creating on Ebay, No tools for formatting,Font sizes, bold text, highlights, underlines etc. I finally just copied and pasted from word, but it still did not look near as professional as I would of liked.

I looked at many listings in the LV section. Most listings and photos were terrible. Many had a mix of photos from the internet and what appeared to be their own low res photos from their phones. I'm not sure I would be comfortable buying from most of these sellers.

The lowest condition you could choose for listing was "Gently Used" some of the listings I looked at were far from what I would describe as gently used!

I'm going to put up a few more items and see how it goes. It is really sad that it seems there are few decent alternatives to Ebay for professional sellers like myself.

Last edited:
Actually there are a handful of professional sellers there

But Shop Hers 18% commission probably scares away a lot of professional sellers

I personally never have issue with uploading photos but wish Shop Hers has its app like Tradesy (although Tradesy's app can definitely be improved and add more features from website)!
Well the 1st item I listed an LV tote sold within a few hours. So I am quite hopeful of this site and will list a few more items.

Actually the 18% don't bother me that much, I price accordingly and there is value in not having to deal with the returns. I had several buyers remorse returns this month from Ebay. I'm sick of customers just making up some silly excuse to return the item, a couple it just looked like they rented the item for a week basically.

Well the 1st item I listed an LV tote sold within a few hours. So I am quite hopeful of this site and will list a few more items.

Actually the 18% don't bother me that much, I price accordingly and there is value in not having to deal with the returns. I had several buyers remorse returns this month from Ebay. I'm sick of customers just making up some silly excuse to return the item, a couple it just looked like they rented the item for a week basically.

Hmmm, I just bought a Delightful GM today. Wonder if it was yours! 😊