SHOE PROBLEM? Find your solutions here! The CL STORAGE Chat thread

I'm trying to find a shoe storage solution with a mirrored door. I don't have a ton of room in my closet so I would need a bookshelf type of storage with 1 mirrored door. It would replace where I currently have my mirror. Anyone have any ideas? I found this cabinet at Ikea, but I have not seen it in person to know if it would fit shoes (even though it says so).
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80141850

Also, it comes in red which I think would be so cute!

^ That's what I was thinking.

I need help finding something similar that would actually fit a shoe! I'm probably going to remove my shoes from the boxes and have them stand up facing forward. I know all my shoes won't fit since I have such a small area to work with, but atleast my favorites could be in the cabinet.

Anyone know of any good cabinets with mirrors?

laurenam - you get ikea billy book case and i know that ikea sells those big mirrors that you can put as the door , i dont remmeber the name though :sad: OR you can get billy bookcase + wooden doors and buy a full length mirror but smaller size than the door obvs and hook it on to the door? Think...Naked's shoe cabinet instead of having glass doors get the wooden doors and just attach a seperate mirror on top :smile:

I was just wondering, how do you store your CLs? Does any of you actually use the dustbags for storage?

I don't like to keep mine hidden away in a dustbag; I got the "prettier ones" in a display cabinet in my living room, because I love to look at them :P and the ones I use more often are in a cabinet I use for shoes. All the boxes I keep on top of the cabinet.
Definitely not the best solution. I'd love to have them all together and now that I'll soon be moving to a bigger apartment, I'm searching for new and better ideas to keep my babies all together.

How do you store your CLs?
Feel free to post pics :biggrin:

I have them in their boxes, but not in their dustbags. I keep them on a shelf in my walk-in. I just ordered a pair without a box though so I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.

All my CL's are stored in their own Bookcase/Closet/Showcase with glass doors and shelves.
See my avatar pic and collection thread for reference pics.

Currently my boxes are stored on the bottom shelf and 2 of the large boxes (MBB and Arielle A Talon) are on top of the showcase.
As I acquire more shoes, I've had to remove the boxes from the case and right now they are being stacked one on top of another next to the Showcase. I don't like the look of that so the boxes will be moved to our walk in closet this weekend.

I store them inside their original box, inside a locked closet with my other shoes and jackets. Not exactly glamorous and I'd love to have my own shoe/bag display cabinet someday, but I don't see that happening very soon. At least not until I have my own place.

I'm living with a relative and I don't want her to get critical over what I own or what I purchase, especially considering their expensive nature.

This is my shoe closet for my less dressy shoes and I have a problem. I have no more space.

DSC05739.jpg

Any suggestions on what I can do to maximize the space? I was thinking of putting a couple pairs in their boxes and then putting another pair on top. only problem is I won't be able to see all my shoes. :sad:

This is my shoe closet for my less dressy shoes and I have a problem. I have no more space.

DSC05739.jpg

Any suggestions on what I can do to maximize the space? I was thinking of putting a couple pairs in their boxes and then putting another pair on top. only problem is I won't be able to see all my shoes. :sad:

I may be wrong, but I don't think I've seen your more dressy pairs? :graucho:

I may be wrong, but I don't think I've seen your more dressy pairs? :graucho:

HAHAHA, i haven't revealed that closet yet because it is SUCH a mess. Too many shoes... Need to stop buying shoes! Haha. But they are all documented in my collection thread - i.e. the fruitti fruittis, mbbs, zigounettes, lace lady claudes, etc.

My shoes are all in my display cabinet. DF won't let me buy shoes that can't go in there so I'm doing the one in one out rule. My exotics are in boxes at the very bottom of the cabinet so that the sunlight doesn't damage them. Otherwise my dustbags are for travel purposes. My extra boxes are stored on the top shelf of my closet. I've had pairs bleed into one another so I'm really careful about spacing the shoes out. I've also read stories about dust bags bleeding into the shoes so my dustbags are stored separately.