SHOE PROBLEM? Find your solutions here! The CL STORAGE Chat thread

JetSetGo!

Suiting up and showing up
Admin
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
The problem that I am having with storage is that I will love to see them all on display but cannot figure out how to fit a storage or display cabinet in my closet. I am still considering options and looking at all the threads that Jet linked us here. Will be working on doing this for the next couple of weeks until I make my next purchase!!

This thread is genius. Thank you elf and jet.

I always fantasize about having my shoes in a display case as so many of you ladies do and my very handy DH will be able to make something for me once I decide to make space. My issue is dust. How do you ladies keep your interior shoe cases and shoes free of dust? Is it just constant, meticulous cleaning? Especially with glitters and fabric shoes....I have seen what shelves do to my books....and that just cannot happen to my shoes!!!! Is this an actual issue or is it a fear only in my head that I can let go of?

Last edited:
This was Elfgirl's idea :idea:
Regeens & cts900 found all these links/threads :search:
in response to Vodkaine's wish to see everyone's ideas. :tender:

I just facilitated. ;)

Last edited:
The problem that I am having with storage is that I will love to see them all on display but cannot figure out how to fit a storage or display cabinet in my closet. I am still considering options and looking at all the threads that Jet linked us here. Will be working on doing this for the next couple of weeks until I make my next purchase!!

Lolita , have you seen how Piggy's shoe storage , those shoe boxes with windows ?

This thread is genius. Thank you elf and jet.

I always fantasize about having my shoes in a display case as so many of you ladies do and my very handy DH will be able to make something for me once I decide to make space. My issue is dust. How do you ladies keep your interior shoe cases and shoes free of dust? Is it just constant, meticulous cleaning? Especially with glitters and fabric shoes....I have seen what shelves do to my books....and that just cannot happen to my shoes!!!! Is this an actual issue or is it a fear only in my head that I can let go of?

I have a very, very large dust problem at my house. Between the 1/2 acre, the windows constantly being open and the 3 dogs stirring it all up, I have dust on EVERYTHING all the time.

I have had very little trouble with dust on my shoes in my shoe case, though. I have a few pairs of shoes that sit in my closet on open shelves and they get dusty practically overnight, but with the glass doors over my shoes case it really seems to keep them pretty dust free.

If they did get dusty I would have to resort to keeping them in their boxes again. So far so good, though.

Love that we have reference thread! I simply would love to see what everyone has done. Currently my closet is almost completely full and I am looking into doing some kind of extension. Instead of another closet I wanted to do something a little different. The reference thread will be some inspiration for sure!