Shameful Bag Juggling

I just made it up that there is a purple version. I'll bet one will surface soon enough and when it does!! Let's have Irene be on purple Bay alert!

Oh you Minx Div...you nearly had me going there:rolleyes:. There is a quilted Bay in a colour called Pigalle which can be seen in the LVR 2008 collection which is a pinky-purple actually, but it's more pink than purple and I SO don't do pink in any shape or form:yucky::nogood:.

Tag - fuschia is next Spring's hottest color!!! Ya gotta re-think. You owe it to your collection. I myself am now lusting for these fuschia patent Chloe sandals I am seeing everywhere. The only problem is - what to wear with them? But seriously - I am certain there will be Bays available in the right hue of purple. If it becomes a hot selling color - they will develop them. Hear THAT Josh??

Hi there,
Love chloe and Jimmy choo bags.
I think I might have a similar addiction /problem?? with the chloe bay! Bought the ecru and the argent and the rectangular patent quilted black (which I am now selling!). Your green patent looks absolutely amazing. I will try and post some pics of mine for you. Also wanted to let you know that I saw a purple quilted (non patent) bay in Harvey Nics last week and it is truly tdf.
Happy new year!

Excellent - a fellow Bay addict:tup: ( so happy when I hear from others similarly afflicted:lol:). I'm interested to know why you're selling the rectangular patent one ? I very nearly got a rectangular Moka Bay (as an exchange for a large quilted patent Bay that I was bought and turned out to be way too big for my liking) but at the last minute I changed my mind about it. Something about the shape just didn't quite do it for me:nogood: and I just thought it looked a lot less special than the Medium size version somehow.

Was the purple quilted one you saw in Harvey Nicks, the same one as on the LVR website ( the name of the colour is 'Pigalle'). If so, did it look like quite a pinky purple ?
I ask this purely out of interest and with any intention of making another Bay purchase for the forseeable future as I am on a strict (no exceptions, no excuses) bag ban after my shameless splurge in the sales at the end of this year....speaking of which, wishing you a Happy Bay Filled New Year :smile:( do post some pics of your collection when you get a chance).

Excellent - a fellow Bay addict:tup: ( so happy when I hear from others similarly afflicted:lol:). I'm interested to know why you're selling the rectangular patent one ? I very nearly got a rectangular Moka Bay (as an exchange for a large quilted patent Bay that I was bought and turned out to be way too big for my liking) but at the last minute I changed my mind about it. Something about the shape just didn't quite do it for me:nogood: and I just thought it looked a lot less special than the Medium size version somehow.

Was the purple quilted one you saw in Harvey Nicks, the same one as on the LVR website ( the name of the colour is 'Pigalle'). If so, did it look like quite a pinky purple ?
I ask this purely out of interest and with any intention of making another Bay purchase for the forseeable future as I am on a strict (no exceptions, no excuses) bag ban after my shameless splurge in the sales at the end of this year....speaking of which, wishing you a Happy Bay Filled New Year :smile:( do post some pics of your collection when you get a chance).

Hi Tagullah,

The rectangular patent one is nice but its too big (long) for me as I am only 5 foot tall. I bought it from a chloe boutique in USA and had them send it to me (big mistake not seeing it IRL).It does fit really well on the shoulder though (a prerequisite for me). I totally agree with you that the medium size cannot be beaten, it is the most gorgeous shape and size. I have just had a look at diabro and they have a small paddy shoulder bag in pigalle. It looks a bit shiny in the pic. The bay I saw is that purple but not shiny. I wouldn't call it pinky purple. It's a really rich colour and I somehow have a feeling that it might be the next addition to your collection! I also saw it in the new bay style (which is slightly smaller) in Harrods.

As for what I am doing on tpf at 3.30am on new year's day - I am a doctor and I'm on call tonight. I'm working in a very busy trauma centre and have had a surprisingly quiet night -Yay! I'm about to come off the end of my shift so double yay!:yes:

Will def post pics asap.

Hi Tagullah,

The rectangular patent one is nice but its too big (long) for me as I am only 5 foot tall. I bought it from a chloe boutique in USA and had them send it to me (big mistake not seeing it IRL).It does fit really well on the shoulder though (a prerequisite for me). I totally agree with you that the medium size cannot be beaten, it is the most gorgeous shape and size. I have just had a look at diabro and they have a small paddy shoulder bag in pigalle. It looks a bit shiny in the pic. The bay I saw is that purple but not shiny. I wouldn't call it pinky purple. It's a really rich colour and I somehow have a feeling that it might be the next addition to your collection! I also saw it in the new bay style (which is slightly smaller) in Harrods.

As for what I am doing on tpf at 3.30am on new year's day - I am a doctor and I'm on call tonight. I'm working in a very busy trauma centre and have had a surprisingly quiet night -Yay! I'm about to come off the end of my shift so double yay!:yes:

Will def post pics asap.

Glad to hear you had a quiet night in the trauma centre ( one has visions of nightmarish scenarios in A&E centres across the UK on New Year's Eve).

I know exactly what you mean about the mistake of not seeing a bag IRL before purchasing.That's the exact same mistake:Push: I made with the large black patent quilted Bay I got sent over from the Sacoche boutique in Bahrain. I got a horrible sinking feeling when it arrived:sad: - it was MASSIVE. More like a piece of luggage than a handbag. I'm 5ft 4in and it totally dwarfed me.I knew I'd never use it and fortunately the wonderful SA at Sacoche (Irene) agreed to take it back and give me an exchange.

Sending it back to Bahrain was a terrible faff though and it's definitely taught me a lesson about buying bags sight unseen. I did think about trying to sell it on eBay but I didn't think I'd get anywhere close to making my money back on it. I've been selling my old bags on eBay for years now and the prices you can expect to make nowadays are much lower than when I first started selling there.

Anyway, I now have store credit with Sacoche for an exchange and I'm going to use it to buy something from their new collection, which brings me to that purple Bay you saw at HN. Would you please do me a little favour when you've got a minute and have a look at the 2008 Chloe collection on www.luisaviaroma.com and see if the quilted medium Bay in 'Pigalle' is the same one you saw at HN. The Paddy on Diabro doesn't look to me like the same colour as the one on LVR:nogood:. Let me know what you think.

Hope all stayed quiet for you at work until the end of your shift & look forward to seeing your modelling pics soon:smile:.

If I had the credit at LV, I think I would have to go for this Red Heloise Satchel. I tried it on at Nordy's the other day... it's super nice. Do you definitely want to stay in a Bay?

0030.JPG

If you do want to stay in a bay, I think this would be a nice addition:

0053.JPG
lente.gif

As for me, I seriously will probably be sporting my one Bay for a VERY long time! My husband keeps telling me we've gotta 'scale it back' so I guess it's a Bag Ban for me! That is why I need you all, so I can live vicariously through your purchases!!!

Hey LYM,
My credit is with Sacoche, so I'm at the mercy of whatever comes in in their Spring 2008 stock. Thanks for the suggestions though. I have toyed with the idea of a Heloise but I just can't quite love those plaited handles. The non-quilted Bay is cool though - wonder if it can be worn on the shoulder ? Anyhow, aside from the credit note that's burning a hole in my pocket, I also on a COMPLETE bag ban for the forseeable future, so we can both unite for some vicarious pleasure from the other girls not 'suffering' under the ban;) !

I agree on the braided handles... i'm not sure abut them either. When I saw the bag IRL though... there is kind of something about it as a whole.

Does Sacoche generally have a lot of stock?

I agree on the braided handles... i'm not sure abut them either. When I saw the bag IRL though... there is kind of something about it as a whole.

Does Sacoche generally have a lot of stock?

Well at the moment Sacoche just seem to be selling off the 2007 stock. I have a master list of what they have left - if you'd like me to forward it to you, PM me with your email address and I'll send it on. I think their new stock is expected in a couple of weeks time. I'm not sure how extensive their stock is outside of sale time, because I only became aware of their existence during this year's winter sale.

I understand that they are an authorised Chloe outlet, so I would imagine they probably get a fairly large selection of stock. Their service is fantastic - the bag I bought from them arrived within a couple of days ( from Bahrain to the UK), there were no issues with customs duties, the bag was beautiful ( just way too big for me) and when I decided to return it, Irene (the SA that most TPF'ers seem to deal with) was extremely accomodating, patient and helpful:yes: . I'd recommend them highly:tup:.

If I had the credit at LV, I think I would have to go for this Red Heloise Satchel. I tried it on at Nordy's the other day... it's super nice. Do you definitely want to stay in a Bay?​

0030.JPG

If you do want to stay in a bay, I think this would be a nice addition:​

0053.JPG
lente.gif

As for me, I seriously will probably be sporting my one Bay for a VERY long time! My husband keeps telling me we've gotta 'scale it back' so I guess it's a Bag Ban for me! That is why I need you all, so I can live vicariously through your purchases!!!​

IMO???????Where are YOU??

Lovin' that fushia Bay, wonder how many bags I own as a result of tPF??

It's gorgeous isn't it:drool: ?
I've added THREE:nuts: bags to my collection since I joined TPF and I have only been a member a couple of months at the outside...now I'm completely addicted and will be on the slippery slope to debtors jail :sweatdrop: UNLESS I observe a strict bag ban for the forseeable future ( but using my store credit at Sacoche is not included in the deal;))

Susie - I'm probably being dense here:upsidedown:, but couldn't understand your post ? What does it mean :confused1: ???
I had to ask Susie the same thing. (She is taking down her Christmas tree and needs to stay off the forum to get some work done. Amazing how the hours evaporate here!) Anyway - she was trying to alert "Imonpurseblog" to the existence of a RED HELOISE satchel. This was Imon's holy grail for a while and still may be. We are assuming here that Lana'smama saw the bag in red at a Nordstroms in the Boston area. Susie shortened Imon's name a little too much.

I had to ask Susie the same thing. (She is taking down her Christmas tree and needs to stay off the forum to get some work done. Amazing how the hours evaporate here!) Anyway - she was trying to alert "Imonpurseblog" to the existence of a RED HELOISE satchel. This was Imon's holy grail for a while and still may be. We are assuming here that Lana'smama saw the bag in red at a Nordstroms in the Boston area. Susie shortened Imon's name a little too much.

Thanks for that Div:smile:...I was wondering ( was confused:confused1: because IMO is usually short for 'in my opinion' )