Shameful Bag Juggling

Thank you so much for doing that DR (please ignore my message in another strand asking if you'd managed to take the photo) - you're a total hero and I owe you one:flowers: ! Looks like that's one of the new Bays which isn't exactly the same as the style I currently own but it does look VERY appealing:yes:....oh dear:s...I hope Sacoche are getting them in. Did you manage to sell your patent one and what did you decide to do about your Xmas gift ?
[
I'm thinking though that in pics I've seen of this style ,it looks more conservative / conventional than the Medium Quilted Bay (though not so much in the purple obviously) and my taste is not very conservative in general....or it could be that I'm just SO obsessed with the medium Bay that no other style can quite penetrate my retinas to make it through to my one-track mind ![/quote]

Look... I have good news... I was downtown today, so I went to the one and only Chloe authorised retailer in Madrid to check about Betties (if possible, chain-handled....)

They didn't have anything betty-wise... However, there were a bunch of Chloes in the closest display to the entrance (I assume they must have placed there the most beautiful bags to attract people into the store)... On the top shelf shone an amazing purple medium quilted Bay... it is truly unique, though I would never dare get one for myself... and much nicer than a nearby purple Heloise... The Bay looked magnificent , the Heloise was just interesting in comparison...

There was also a very nice dark grey (not elephant grey), I dont know whether it was charbon or a different shade... it was nearly black and I loved it after the NAP fiasco...

However, being marked at 1.300 euros I left the store empty-handed... but more determined than ever to find the right black bag....

[
I'm thinking though that in pics I've seen of this style ,it looks more conservative / conventional than the Medium Quilted Bay (though not so much in the purple obviously) and my taste is not very conservative in general....or it could be that I'm just SO obsessed with the medium Bay that no other style can quite penetrate my retinas to make it through to my one-track mind !

Look... I have good news... I was downtown today, so I went to the one and only Chloe authorised retailer in Madrid to check about Betties (if possible, chain-handled....)

They didn't have anything betty-wise... However, there were a bunch of Chloes in the closest display to the entrance (I assume they must have placed there the most beautiful bags to attract people into the store)... On the top shelf shone an amazing purple medium quilted Bay... it is truly unique, though I would never dare get one for myself... and much nicer than a nearby purple Heloise... The Bay looked magnificent , the Heloise was just interesting in comparison...

There was also a very nice dark grey (not elephant grey), I dont know whether it was charbon or a different shade... it was nearly black and I loved it after the NAP fiasco...

However, being marked at 1.300 euros I left the store empty-handed... but more determined than ever to find the right black bag....
[/quote]

Thanks for that Maria. I actually emailed Irene @Sacoche today to ask whether she would be getting any Purple Med Bays in stock, as the only way I'm going to be able to have any more bags for the forseeable future is by using my Sacoche store credit to purchase (or part-purchase one). Would you do me a little favour when you've got a minute. Could you have a look at the LVR 2008 Chloe stock and see if the Bay you saw in the store is the same one on their site with the colour described as 'Pigalle' ? Let me know what you think and, more importantly, good luck with your own current Chloe quest (I bet you're glad to have got shot of the NAP bag now:yes:)

Thanks for that Maria. I actually emailed Irene @Sacoche today to ask whether she would be getting any Purple Med Bays in stock, as the only way I'm going to be able to have any more bags for the forseeable future is by using my Sacoche store credit to purchase (or part-purchase one). Would you do me a little favour when you've got a minute. Could you have a look at the LVR 2008 Chloe stock and see if the Bay you saw in the store is the same one on their site with the colour described as 'Pigalle' ? Let me know what you think and, more importantly, good luck with your own current Chloe quest (I bet you're glad to have got shot of the NAP bag now:yes:)[/quote]

It is much nicer IRL, lighter and closer to a raspberry shade... I will call the store now and check the color name... if they manage to find it.. they seemed rather clueless about Chloes... they didnt even know the name of the styles... at least the trendy SA who was chasing me...
Will post info later...

Thanks for that Maria. I actually emailed Irene @Sacoche today to ask whether she would be getting any Purple Med Bays in stock, as the only way I'm going to be able to have any more bags for the forseeable future is by using my Sacoche store credit to purchase (or part-purchase one). Would you do me a little favour when you've got a minute. Could you have a look at the LVR 2008 Chloe stock and see if the Bay you saw in the store is the same one on their site with the colour described as 'Pigalle' ? Let me know what you think and, more importantly, good luck with your own current Chloe quest (I bet you're glad to have got shot of the NAP bag now:yes:)

It is much nicer IRL, lighter and closer to a raspberry shade... I will call the store now and check the color name... if they manage to find it.. they seemed rather clueless about Chloes... they didnt even know the name of the styles... at least the trendy SA who was chasing me...
Will post info later...[/quote]

:tup:Thanks Maria - you're a star:flowers: ( maybe if you go back to the store you could take a sneaky photo of the bag in question? !)

Too bad we're not all close enough to share bags- that'd great!! especially because your collections are all better than mine!! hehe:drinks:

Maybe we should organise a Chloe TPF'ers AGM where we could meet up and introduce all our bags to each other...wouldn't that be something:yes:?! But we really are based all over the place aren't we ? US, UK, Spain, France,Middle East, Far East, Australia and probably quite a few other places too...where would the mid-way location be I wonder ?

Maybe we should organise a Chloe TPF'ers AGM where we could meet up and introduce all our bags to each other...wouldn't that be something:yes:?! But we really are based all over the place aren't we ? US, UK, Spain, France,Middle East, Far East, Australia and probably quite a few other places too...where would the mid-way location be I wonder ?
Probably the middle of the ocean!! hehe...We'd have to hire a boat.... :roflmfao:

I love to travel and have such a long list of places to go.... I hope I get to them all before I die!! Off topic totally, but if you EVER have the chance go to Alaska. It really is so stunning....and walking on a glacier I RIDICULOUSLY cool...

I also want to get to Ireland and Switzerland as I have relatives there. And so many more places for fun.... DH and I are taking a trip to Hawaii which I love this winter, then cruise out of Barcelona in May with another couple that are fun travelling companions.

It's great to go away, but then fun to come home again....I do miss my puppies and kitty cat while I'm away....They are my babies.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling... I have terrible sinus-type HA so having rambling thoughts:sad:

:tup:Thanks Maria - you're a star:flowers: ( maybe if you go back to the store you could take a sneaky photo of the bag in question? !)[/quote]

I have already called...
The SA wasnt a very alert type of guy... I told him to check colors on two bags for a friend of mine who didnt live in Madrid (I didn't lie, right?)... your beloved and a blackish which is growing on me... When I tried to direct him to both purses, he said "the one on the bottom shelf is brown.."
Could you check the round tag with Chloe on it?
It took him a while and said ·"There is no color reference... it only says noir..":wtf:
Ok, then... that's black... Could you check the other one?
It took him ages this time, I heard him grumbling and finally said that he couldnt find it...:Push:
I was surprised and told him it was very important for the customer to get that one... He said he couldnt look the info up in the computer because the shop was packed (last minute shopping for the big present day - The Three Wise Men)....:cursing:
Anyway, next time I am back in town I will take a picture "for my friend"... I guess it is the same color as the one in LVR, but there are big differences from pics to real life... I speak from experience (elephant grey vs nearly black on NAP)... IT is truly beautiful, but I don't mean to whet your appetite...:love:
I assume you're not in a hurry :graucho:... it will take your beloved a few months to be on sale....;)

Probably the middle of the ocean!! hehe...We'd have to hire a boat.... :roflmfao:

I love to travel and have such a long list of places to go.... I hope I get to them all before I die!! Off topic totally, but if you EVER have the chance go to Alaska. It really is so stunning....and walking on a glacier I RIDICULOUSLY cool...

I also want to get to Ireland and Switzerland as I have relatives there. And so many more places for fun.... DH and I are taking a trip to Hawaii which I love this winter, then cruise out of Barcelona in May with another couple that are fun travelling companions.

It's great to go away, but then fun to come home again....I do miss my puppies and kitty cat while I'm away....They are my babies.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling... I have terrible sinus-type HA so having rambling thoughts:sad:

Sorry to hear about the sinus HA...I get those sometimes...horrible throbbing around the eyes and when I tilt my head downwards it feels like it's going to explode. Having an episode of that on an aeroplane once was one of the most hellish experiences of my life ( and that includes childbirth TWICE !!). Anyway, hope you feel better soon.

My Mum went on a cruise to Alaska a few years ago and my DH has performed in a theatre there - they both loved the place ( DH also loved Hawaii and has long promised to take me there to swim with the fishes:girlsigh:...we've been married sixteen years and it still hasn't happened:rolleyes:). Been to other parts of Spain but not to Barcelona (would love to go there one day...I'm a great fan of that Gaudi architecture), travelled to parts of Ireland that are truly beautiful and to Montreux in Switzerland, also beautiful but eerily sterile in a way. I think my favourite place on the planet though is NY. I totally fell in :heart: with the place when we first went there in 2006 andd so far have only made it back there once for a short trip last Oct. Desperate to go back again asap.

I know what you mean about missing your fur babies...we have a menagerie...one cat, one fish,six guinea pigs,two hens and two tortoises. Fortunately we have a friend who lives with us and looks after the zoo when we go away. Oh yes, we also have two kids in the menagerie too, but the fur/shell/finny/feather ones are much better behaved.

Goodness, I haven't even got the excuse of a dizzy spell and boy, have I gone off topic:nuts:...must be the sleepless nights doing it for me !

:tup:Thanks Maria - you're a star:flowers: ( maybe if you go back to the store you could take a sneaky photo of the bag in question? !)

I have already called...
The SA wasnt a very alert type of guy... I told him to check colors on two bags for a friend of mine who didnt live in Madrid (I didn't lie, right?)... your beloved and a blackish which is growing on me... When I tried to direct him to both purses, he said "the one on the bottom shelf is brown.."
Could you check the round tag with Chloe on it?
It took him a while and said ·"There is no color reference... it only says noir.."
Ok, then... that's black... Could you check the other one?
It took him ages this time, I heard him grumbling and finally said that he couldnt find it...
I was surprised and told him it was very important for the customer to get that one... He said he couldnt look the info up in the computer because the shop was packed (last minute shopping for the big present day - The Three Wise Men)....
Anyway, next time I am back in town I will take a picture "for my friend"... I guess it is the same color as the one in LVR, but there are big differences from pics to real life... I speak from experience (elephant grey vs nearly black on NAP)... IT is truly beautiful, but I don't mean to whet your appetite...
I assume you're not in a hurry ... it will take your beloved a few months to be on sale....[/quote]

Oh Boy, that SA sounds like a dufus:Push:, but thanks so much for calling the shop for me - much appreciated and I'm very happy to be referred to as 'your friend':smile: . If you get the chance to take a photo, that would be excellent. Don't worry about whetting my appetite:drool:, the lovely Div is the one to blame for kickstarting my purple frenzy in the first place...not that it takes very much to start me off...:rolleyes:

Sunny Madrid is the closest to mid-way... We could do our own fashion shop at the Chloe retailer... in addition to some drinks in the Plaza Mayor or another touristy spot... Let me know if any of you is interested...:yes:

Sunny Madrid is the closest to mid-way... We could do our own fashion shop at the Chloe retailer... in addition to some drinks in the Plaza Mayor or another touristy spot... Let me know if any of you is interested...:yes:

OOO,don't tempt me....sounds VERY appealing from where I'm sitting ( in freezing cold. grey London with one sick kid coughing her :heart: out ,my older boy driving me bananas from stir-craziness:nuts: and to make matters worse NO response from Irene Sacoche about whether she's going to get that Purple Quilted Medium Bay in stock:sweatdrop:...hell, I'm ready to jump on a plane RIGHT NOW :tup:!!!

No probs guys. They had both the classic quilted bay and this one which is the newer style and is slightly smaller. I couldn't get them both in the pic so went for the one that was easier! I quite like this new style, what do you think?
Hi,
do you happen to know what this newer style is called? I quite like the size! (Looking for a blck bag though)
Thank you!:heart: