Sephora Return Policy?

Weird. I just returned an unopened jar of Bare Minerals (no receipt) and an opened jar (w/receipt) with no problems whatsoever.

They gave me store credit for one and creditED my debit card with the other. I got the credit that night.

My Sephora rocks. I wonder why things are different in other locations...

I worked at a Bath and Body Works for a little bit while in college, and if I remember right we use to mark the items that were returned and they just got thrown out at the end of the night. There is a PF member that use to work at Sephora (she told me b/c I posted I thread about a cute make up kit I saw there) I should go find her and see if she can say what they do with the returns...

I worked at a Bath and Body Works for a little bit while in college, and if I remember right we use to mark the items that were returned and they just got thrown out at the end of the night. There is a PF member that use to work at Sephora (she told me b/c I posted I thread about a cute make up kit I saw there) I should go find her and see if she can say what they do with the returns...

And here I am! lol! As I replied to you, when items are returned, if they have been used, they are put into a bit that is later cateloged and sent back to the district wharehouse. I believe (although, I'm not 100% sure) that the items are sent back to the manufactors for at least a partial or maybe even full refund. Obviouslly, if the item hasn't been used, it's put back on the shelves. 9 times out of 10 though, the items are sent back. They sepnd a lot of money in returns since there is no return policy. Sometimes the girls (or boys if your Sephora has men there!) get kind of snotty about it, only because we see a LOT of stuff being returned that shouldn't. For example, I had a woman return over $1000 worth of products after christmas time, another woman who would buy itmes, return them days later and re-purchae the same item, or, one woman brought back items she had pourchased over a year ago! And, make up has experation dates! So, if it's been over a year, and hasn't been used, we still have to return it. One of the reasons I left Sephora was because they were soooo wasteful (and the girls were really mean lol!). So, I'm sorry for any of you girls that have had bad experiences with Sephora returns! The girls there just see so much being returned, or, being purchase at TJ Maxx and beinn returned at Sephora, it's horrible!

Hope I answered your questiions! If not, feel free to ask, I'll check back and reply! :flowers:

I just returned an item by mail since I bought it online, I hope they accept it. I added the return form. I didn't want to return it but the product gave me a bad allergic reaction, I broke out in tiny red bumps. :s

People would return makeup from TJ maxx:confused1: Thats horrible!!

Yea, a lot actually. It's really kind of...cheating the system I guess. Sephora sends it back, the district wharehouse sells it to another company (at a discount) TJ Maxx gets it, sells it for a minimal profit, and then Sephora gets it again because someone doesn't want to pay $30 for eyeshadow from another brand, so they exchange it. It's annoying!

I have an eyeshadow palette that I bought from Sephora about a week ago. Something in it really irritateed my eyes. I want to exchange it for something else, but I can't find my receipt.:sad:

Do you think they'll let me exchange it or am I out of luck?

I have an eyeshadow palette that I bought from Sephora about a week ago. Something in it really irritateed my eyes. I want to exchange it for something else, but I can't find my receipt.:sad:

Do you think they'll let me exchange it or am I out of luck?
If you are a beauty insider there definitely should not be a problem b/c they can look you up. I've exchanged before w/o a receipt before and that wasn't a problem either. :smile: