Sephora Return Policy?

Cdaizybug

Feb 24, 2006
I got some new shampoo the other day..used it and it made my hair feel like straw and I returned it with no problem.

Candace

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

Twisted

- souled.out -
O.G.
Jun 19, 2006
SoCal
^ thanks.

i got some tinted moisturizer and powder that i thought looked ok on my skin when the SA tried it on me. but when i used it today, i looked a bit tanned because of it. (not that i don't want a tan :biggrin:)

kali8972

May 1, 2006
If you have your receipt how long do you have to return your item? I've been driving around with my return for 2 weeks and keep forgetting to stop by.

LVShoeFan2

Mrs. Clay Matthews
O.G.
Jun 10, 2006
WI
I bought some Murad cleanser and lotion to help tame the redness I get on my face in the winter. I used it once and got a horrible reaction the next day. I wanted to return it but of course, I had thrown out the bag and receipt. :rolleyes: DH took it back to Sephora and explained what happened. They exchanged it no problem -- either store credit or I opted for a bottle of Juicy Couture perfume. ;) I bet they'll just use the opened stuff as testers.

yeppun_1

O.G.
Nov 8, 2006
Yes- you can definitely exchange. In my experience, Sephora is VERY good with exchanges (or returns if you have the receipt).

ms-whitney

shopaholic
Sep 6, 2006
If you don't have a receipt, will Sephora still let you make a return or even exchange (ie same product but just different color)?

Thanks! :flowers:
they have the most relaxed policy next to nordy's!

it's to draw customers but no reciept, as long as unused, you can return or exchange it.

return for credit i'm assuming. never tried that.

and this SA told me if it doesn't work, just with the reciept i can exchange (h2o does this too, i saw this girl do it!)

shoe gal

i want it all!
O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
San Francisco
would they still exchange if i already open the item?
I used a foundation shade on and off for a week, went on vacation, decided the color did not match my skin tone the way i applied it, came back from vacation, and returned it with the receipt with no problem! so they definitely will take it back even if you open the item and use it.

shoeangel

Aug 12, 2006
Seattle
Does anyone know if Sephora offers a satisfaction guarantee? If I use a product once, but I'm not happy with the results, will they let me return it? I want to purchase some GlowFusion self-tanner for my face, but I do not want to waste $58 if I am not happy with the results.

Will they take it back if I am not satisfied?

TxGlam

Shop. Spend. Repeat.
O.G.
May 24, 2007
Dallas
Yes you can definitely return any item. They have a great policy and I've never had a problem with returning something I tried and didn't like there.

Nov 8, 2006
yup i believe it's a 60 day full $$ refund as long as you haven't used more than half of the product.

check on the 60 days tho. i recall it as 60 but you shld double check....

Aug 7, 2006
San Francisco
Sephora has a great return policy. I believe you can get full refund if you have the receipt. I have no idea if there's a time period for it. I guess just common sense. Don't wait too long and don't use the product half empty before you decide to return it.

If you don't have the receipt, I think they might give you product exchange. This is what they used to let me do. I'm not sure what their recent return policy without a receipt. What works best for me, Sephora always be more than happy to give you a little sample for almost all their products so take that to your advantage!
:yes: