Selling LV Bags

I’m sorry about your wallet. I had a similar issues with eBay - over a laptop- which is why I refuse to sell on their site. Have you ever sold on Tradesy?
No, I never tried Tradesy. Is it any good? The only reason why I like Fashionphile is because I buy a lot of rare LV from them. So, I always take store credit and get an extra 10% or I take a NM gift card that can be used on LV or Chanel at NM.

Reactions: Welltraveled!
In my opinion, with most LV bags, especially bags that are not rare or hard to find, you will not make all that you spent on it. But, you will be able to still make a decent amount of money back. I know that many people like to sell on eBay but I would not advise it, especially as a new seller. In 2016 I was so disgusted and disappointed when a buyer on eBay bought and destroyed my new condition Josephine wallet, and stole the matching insert that went with the wallet. Basically, the scammer paid for the wallet and then claimed that it was not as described. So, eBay forced me to allow the return and kept my funds on hold in PayPal. The scammer actually cut up my wallet, most likely with scissors, and stole the insert. Then, my funds that were on hold were returned to the buyer, so needless to say, I lost out. I must’ve called PayPal and eBay 50 times but they both explained that the buyer had that right, that buyers almost always win cases. This buyer had good feedback, which is why I made the sale. I will never sell on eBay ever again. I would rather sell to a company like Fashionphile, and take a loss on the money I spent rather than be heartbroken and have that happen again. Also, many YouTube videos have been made of people selling expensive items and getting scammed on eBay.
But, if you do decide to sell on eBay also note that eBay takes 10% of the sale and then PayPal takes an additional 3%.
It’s stories like this that made me stop selling on eBay after successfully selling for years.... Started in 2001 and stopped completely about 5ish? years ago. It’s worth a loss to me just to sell it to a place like fashionphile so there’s no drama & peace of mind. The world is full of cruel people who just plain ruin it. Even though this had not happened to me - the fear & stress of it possibly happening isn’t worth it to me. I’d give it to goodwill before dealing with that BS.

I’m so sorry this happened to you.

I wouldn't advise selling an expensive item on any of the resale sites like ebay, posh or mercari. There are a lot of scammers out there. I've been selling on ebay since the inception of ebay and I've been lucky over the years. But, now, I after hearing some of the horror stories, I would not sell any item worth >$400 on ebay. That way, I won't be devastated if something goes wrong. I would suggest selling to fashionphile or a similar site.

Reactions: norasmom15
No, I never tried Tradesy. Is it any good? The only reason why I like Fashionphile is because I buy a lot of rare LV from them. So, I always take store credit and get an extra 10% or I take a NM gift card that can be used on LV or Chanel at NM.

I’m very happy with Tradesy! Their app makes it very easy to photograph and post your item. Takes 10-15 minutes tops, then once your item sells you just print out a shipping label or they send you a shipping kit. So easy. What I do is look for similar items, see how much they’re listed for or have sold for, then make sure to copy the details from the LV site and post a ton of pictures. Make sure to post a pic of the date code and receipts. My items all sold within 5-7 days. Good luck.

In my opinion, with most LV bags, especially bags that are not rare or hard to find, you will not make all that you spent on it. But, you will be able to still make a decent amount of money back. I know that many people like to sell on eBay but I would not advise it, especially as a new seller. In 2016 I was so disgusted and disappointed when a buyer on eBay bought and destroyed my new condition Josephine wallet, and stole the matching insert that went with the wallet. Basically, the scammer paid for the wallet and then claimed that it was not as described. So, eBay forced me to allow the return and kept my funds on hold in PayPal. The scammer actually cut up my wallet, most likely with scissors, and stole the insert. Then, my funds that were on hold were returned to the buyer, so needless to say, I lost out. I must’ve called PayPal and eBay 50 times but they both explained that the buyer had that right, that buyers almost always win cases. This buyer had good feedback, which is why I made the sale. I will never sell on eBay ever again. I would rather sell to a company like Fashionphile, and take a loss on the money I spent rather than be heartbroken and have that happen again. Also, many YouTube videos have been made of people selling expensive items and getting scammed on eBay.
But, if you do decide to sell on eBay also note that eBay takes 10% of the sale and then PayPal takes an additional 3%.
This is my worst nightmare. That is just damn terrible. I’m so sorry someone got away with doing this to you. So ridiculous.

Reactions: Joelene and kbell
I realized even with good ratings, you have to look at each one and review bc so many of them were ratings given by same users, within a short span of time etc. I've been very lucky and I've never had any issues selling since 2001 but I've also had so many scammers asking to buy above the asking price, asking to ship to another address etc. Not that I'm stupid enough to fall for those but I had to go through all the emails and dumb offers and it's very time consuming. My latest sale, neither I nor the buyer knew eBay charged sales tax so I just paid for it to just to get it over with. It was painful. Not doing it anymore!

Reactions: Joelene and kbell
I have a few SLG I want to sell, but have never sold any before. I've heard and read horror stories about how sellers get scammed. Any advice regarding selling and avoiding scams would be greatly appreciated. Also, which websites do you all use and which ones would you avoid? Thanks in advance!

I have a few SLG I want to sell, but have never sold any before. I've heard and read horror stories about how sellers get scammed. Any advice regarding selling and avoiding scams would be greatly appreciated. Also, which websites do you all use and which ones would you avoid? Thanks in advance!
I have sold 10 items (primarily handbags) to Fashionphile. I have lost some money on the items but it was worth it to get a quick cash buyout (instead of consignment) and not deal with buyers, potential scammers, or returns. Their quotes were comparable to Yoogi's Closet so I considered their pricing fair for the resale market. Also, Fashionphile gives you a set quote where Yoogi's gives you a quote range. Best of luck!

I’ve sold with a reseller on Instagram. Best consignment prices (in terms of low fees) and my items have sold fairly quick.

PM me if you want her info.