Selling LV Bags

I know how to take this ebay fraud buyer and had saved 10000$ till now as my item start from 2000-3000$.....I remember one old lady bought one bag worth 1400GBP and later after 4days open a claim of defected item......My video and experience saved my 1400GBP

Good idea on the video. I'm trying to not have my 2 bad experiences turn me off completely. I've sold a lot of other things on eBay no problem. You just have to be very perticular on who you sell to. Like some of the obvious, no people with 0 feedback and no one if they don't have a PayPal account. Next time I sell something expensive I will definitely be taking a video.

I tried Rebagg, Yoogi's Closet, Fashionphile, LXR&CO, and Bag Borrow or Steal to sell my VERY gently used 2005 LV Drouot made in Spain. Rebagg wouldn't accept it (???), but I've already received excellent offers from LXR and BBS. Keep in mind I'm not doing consignment, just selling directly to the site. I'll let you know which of these offers the highest price!

I am aware of that. Im asking for my specific question. If there is any value in keeping this bag vs selling it.
If you aren't using it, you should sell it. Send pics to the consignments stores and see what offers you get. That shape wasn't that popular compared to say the montsouris, so that might factor into the offers you get, even though it's in good condition.

I am aware of that. Im asking for my specific question. If there is any value in keeping this bag vs selling it.
The question is: is there any value to you in keeping it? Do you use it? Will you ever use it? Does it have sentimental value? If no, then sell it because it has no value to you. I would say, however, that this style is past its sell by date so don't expect much for it whether you sell it yourself or consign it and it's certainly not going to increase in value the longer you keep it, if that's what you're asking. Good luck with your decision.

If you want to google SOLD prices online then it's an Ellipse Sac a Dos.

hi guys,

Has anyone sold a limited edition LV on eBay before? Is there anything to look out for with scams from the buyer? I know eBay always sided with the buyer but what if they file a return and send back a fake? That’s my biggest worry and they get to keep the money and item? How do you make sure this doesn’t happen? If it does happen, how do you combat the issue?

Many thanks

hi guys,

Has anyone sold a limited edition LV on eBay before? Is there anything to look out for with scams from the buyer? I know eBay always sided with the buyer but what if they file a return and send back a fake? That’s my biggest worry and they get to keep the money and item? How do you make sure this doesn’t happen? If it does happen, how do you combat the issue?

Many thanks
You would be better asking this in the eBay forum. Ask one of the moderators to move it for you.

hi guys,

Many thanks
If a buyer with negative, low, or zero feedback, places a bid or buys an item, I simply cancel their bid or cancel the sale. Other than that, I have never had any issues.

If a buyer with negative, low, or zero feedback, places a bid or buys an item, I simply cancel their bid or cancel the sale. Other than that, I have never had any issues.

Do you think less than 30 is too low? I sold an iPad on eBay and somebody with over 500 feedback stated it was faulty and then returned a different iPad to me which was locked and I could not access it. So I am so worried about going back on there just trying to get some tips. Thanks for your input.

Do you think less than 30 is too low? I sold an iPad on eBay and somebody with over 500 feedback stated it was faulty and then returned a different iPad to me which was locked and I could not access it. So I am so worried about going back on there just trying to get some tips. Thanks for your input.
Anyone can decide to scam you I guess, but, in my experience, most people are honest. If you are worried, you can always sell through Fashionphile or Yoogi’s. It’s way less stressful for the seller.

Reactions: Jhatten99
I’m thinking of selling one of my bags on eBay that I hardly use.

It’s in mint condition and a bag in high demand that is near impossible to get these days. I’m not in the US so fashionphile and the like aren’t an option. There are consignment stores in my city but they charge 50% of the profit. So I’d rather sell myself.

I’ve read so many horror stories of people being scammed selling their LVs on eBay so I’m a little nervous. I’ve sold a heap of other things on eBay in the past, designer shoes, cheaper bags etc without too much trouble. Should I take the risk with my bag? Any recommended ways to protect myself?

Thanks!!!!

Hi there -

Hopefully I can help...I have been selling my personal luxury pieces and other things on eBay since like 2013. Knock on wood, I have not had any crazy experiences. However, I do have to say, I would get a quote from places like Fashionphile and Yoogi's Closet first. The couple extra hundred you MAY make from an eBay sale is really not worth the hassle. You have to pay all the fees, shipping sometimes etc and the buyer has 30 days (more on PayPal) to return the item. In the end, eBay almost always sides with the buyer...so it is a risk. I would say sell to a reputable luxury online consignment shop and call it a day. You send your item, get paid and do not have to worry about anything else. :smile:

Reactions: onlyk