Selling LV Bags

Hi lovely LV-ladies! A looooong time lurker here who finally decided to sign up.

Hoping this is the correct subcategory but if it’s not, please don’t hesitate to tell me!

Due to unexpected circumstances, I’ve come to the day where I’d have to sell some of my beloved bags. While I’ve tried Vestiaire Collective once in the past, I found their pricing and valuing to be on the cheaper side and it seems like eBay isn’t nearly as popular as it once were! Do you ladies know any good website for selling pre-loved (but good condition, naturally) handbags nowadays?

Hi lovely LV-ladies! A looooong time lurker here who finally decided to sign up.

Hoping this is the correct subcategory but if it’s not, please don’t hesitate to tell me!

Due to unexpected circumstances, I’ve come to the day where I’d have to sell some of my beloved bags. While I’ve tried Vestiaire Collective once in the past, I found their pricing and valuing to be on the cheaper side and it seems like eBay isn’t nearly as popular as it once were! Do you ladies know any good website for selling pre-loved (but good condition, naturally) handbags nowadays?
Hello and welcome. There are many threads on this topic if you do a search....I use Yoogi’s Closet and couture USA. There is also Ann’s fabulous finds.

Hi everyone!

I have an Alma BB in black epi leather that I bought Aug 2018. It was my first ever luxury bag, so despite all the research that I did before, I didn't end up actually using this bag that much - if at all! I know the epi leather is supposed to be pretty durable, but I just got super paranoid that I'd scratch it, so I found myself reaching for my typical go-to bags from before. I literally took this out three times :sad: ...

A year later, in 2019, I bought the LV Croisette in the damier azur canvas, which I've been using very often. I'm realizing that my Alma BB in epi leather maybe was not the best purchase for me, just because I don't ever use it, especially compared to the Croisette.

That being said, I tried to sell my Alma BB online through TheRealReal. I had bought my bag for $1700 and it has literally no wear and tear, but they quoted way less and would take a cut, so I was hesitant. I also tried selling on other online marketplaces, but people would just message me to try to negotiate the price down or want to meet up in sketchy areas. I see on these forums that people have sold their bags before. Do you have any tips for finding reputable sites and making sure you are not being undercut? Does anyone have experience selling bags that they have barely used?

It's just sitting in the original box and dust bag in my closet, and I really just want to find it a home so that I can buy a bag that I will actually use!

Thank you~ I apologize if pictures aren't allowed, but here's the picture below!

Inkedlv_LI.jpg

Reactions: TangerineKandy
eBay started charging sales tax a few months ago so my last sale was disappointing. It was still better than FP quote but not by much after taking all the fees out. And with the uncertainty of selling on eBay, it'll probably be my last sale on eBay for an expensive item.

Reactions: norasmom15
In my opinion, with most LV bags, especially bags that are not rare or hard to find, you will not make all that you spent on it. But, you will be able to still make a decent amount of money back. I know that many people like to sell on eBay but I would not advise it, especially as a new seller. In 2016 I was so disgusted and disappointed when a buyer on eBay bought and destroyed my new condition Josephine wallet, and stole the matching insert that went with the wallet. Basically, the scammer paid for the wallet and then claimed that it was not as described. So, eBay forced me to allow the return and kept my funds on hold in PayPal. The scammer actually cut up my wallet, most likely with scissors, and stole the insert. Then, my funds that were on hold were returned to the buyer, so needless to say, I lost out. I must’ve called PayPal and eBay 50 times but they both explained that the buyer had that right, that buyers almost always win cases. This buyer had good feedback, which is why I made the sale. I will never sell on eBay ever again. I would rather sell to a company like Fashionphile, and take a loss on the money I spent rather than be heartbroken and have that happen again. Also, many YouTube videos have been made of people selling expensive items and getting scammed on eBay.
But, if you do decide to sell on eBay also note that eBay takes 10% of the sale and then PayPal takes an additional 3%.

In my opinion, with most LV bags, especially bags that are not rare or hard to find, you will not make all that you spent on it. But, you will be able to still make a decent amount of money back. I know that many people like to sell on eBay but I would not advise it, especially as a new seller. In 2016 I was so disgusted and disappointed when a buyer on eBay bought and destroyed my new condition Josephine wallet, and stole the matching insert that went with the wallet. Basically, the scammer paid for the wallet and then claimed that it was not as described. So, eBay forced me to allow the return and kept my funds on hold in PayPal. The scammer actually cut up my wallet, most likely with scissors, and stole the insert. Then, my funds that were on hold were returned to the buyer, so needless to say, I lost out. I must’ve called PayPal and eBay 50 times but they both explained that the buyer had that right, that buyers almost always win cases. This buyer had good feedback, which is why I made the sale. I will never sell on eBay ever again. I would rather sell to a company like Fashionphile, and take a loss on the money I spent rather than be heartbroken and have that happen again. Also, many YouTube videos have been made of people selling expensive items and getting scammed on eBay.
But, if you do decide to sell on eBay also note that eBay takes 10% of the sale and then PayPal takes an additional 3%.
I've seen some videos like this too. Definitely pushed me away from selling on eBay. Sorry about your wallet.

Reactions: Joelene

Wow that’s unbelievable. What is wrong with people.

I’m sorry about your wallet. I had a similar issues with eBay - over a laptop- which is why I refuse to sell on their site. Have you ever sold on Tradesy?

Reactions: Joelene
Oh my

I had great luck selling my Speedy on Poshmark... but to be honest the market is saturated with LV products and resales in general. The reason I consider myself having done "well" on resale is that I waited 7 years to sell a Speedy that I used for 6 months and then put in a closet because I realized that top handle bags don't work for me. The price increases over those 7 years made it possible for me to list the bag for $699, when I purchased it at $725. I sold for $699 and made 80% of that, which was much better than any quote I got from Fashionphile for Yoogi's Closet. While I am pleased I was able to make a good amount back on my purchase, and happy my bag retained value, a lot of this had to do with how long I held onto it and the price increases as a result. Unless you need the money now, you could always do the same thing. Otherwise, you'll probably have to take a bigger loss...but you could always list on Poshmark and see what happens. Personally, in my experience as a seller and buyer of used bags, unless it is a very rare and popular style, or there is a "good deal" on the bag (such as getting a Chanel jumbo for $4200 when they retail for upwards of $6000), I'd rather just buy a new bag.