Selling LV Bags

Thank goodness this one was preloved so I only took about a $75 hit on it. I tried fashionphile but they didn't really want to give me what I wanted out of it. I'll check into Melissa though!

Does anyone else think the eBay fees are crazy or is it just me?
Nope, it's not just you! The fees are crazy. I prefer bonanza. But it takes longer for the items to sell. Although for me personally I have had several LV items sell the next day or within a week. But I've seen some sellers with items that have been posted for a year or more....:shocked:

I have sold many many items on eBay. Their fees are so much lower than 30%. I have a couple of "secrets" to stop the non paying bidders, fears of Bait & Switch, and getting too many returns.

First, allow returns, but in the Detailed Return area of the listing charge a 10% or 20% re-listing fee. Many people don't even look at this prior to purchase, but it mostly stops the Buyers Remorse returns once they have purchased the item and then actually look at your Return Policy.

Second, to stop the Bait & Switch, state in your listing that you will have a "Security Tag" attached to the handbag, charm, slg or scarf and if removed, it can not be returned. (Then I really don't have a security tag), but it stops these people from buying.

Third, do not use the Auction way of selling, and slightly overprice your item. Use the Buy It Now and you can allow offers if you wish. That gives you the control. If the person making an offer leaves unnecessary negative feedback for previous purchases, just decline their offer and stay away from them.

Fourth, be sure to post all pictures needed to authenticate your item on tpf. Then state in your listing to have your item authenticated at tpf or caroldiva.com.

Now don't get me wrong, I much prefer buying from Yoogi's & Fashionphile, but I love the profits that I keep for myself selling on eBay.

Hope this helps. :biggrin:

Great tips!

Hi! I couldn't find an existing thread on this, but please point me to it if there is one...

I'm looking to list my Tivoli GM for sale on ebay, but since it's my first time selling on ebay I'm very nervous. I've heard of so many horror stories - buyers returning fakes, numerous ebay frauds, etc - so I'm hoping to get some advice/tips from you all. For example what kind of photos to post (so that it's easier for the buyer to authenticate), etc.

Can you share your experiences selling on ebay?

I would definitely recommend posting this in the eBay forum, maybe under the general questions thread. The ladies on there, especially user BeenBurned are super helpful and eBay pros! :biggrin:

Hi, I sold a few of my LV bags on ebay with no problem. You will need to post clear pictures of the date code, zippers, made in logo, basically capture everything of the bag itself. Also, check your buyer's reviews and make sure they are good buyers as well. You should also indicate that you don't accept returns.

Hi! I couldn't find an existing thread on this, but please point me to it if there is one...

I'm looking to list my Tivoli GM for sale on ebay, but since it's my first time selling on ebay I'm very nervous. I've heard of so many horror stories - buyers returning fakes, numerous ebay frauds, etc - so I'm hoping to get some advice/tips from you all. For example what kind of photos to post (so that it's easier for the buyer to authenticate), etc.

Can you share your experiences selling on ebay?

I've been on eBay for over 12 years. And to be honest I wouldn't start a very first sale listing on such a high end item. First off, you won't get a lot of $. Many buyers stay away from new sellers out of fear of scams themselves. I see amazing deals on what I can tell are authentic photos, go untouched, listed by sellers with less than 2 feedback marks. Buyers know the fakes/ill-written/under described high end items are often being sold by eBay newbies. Or bait and switch, etc. Goes both ways. I'd consign, or try your local Craigslist. Develop a stronger eBay reputation selling smaller or household items, and learn a bit more about what precautions are necessary. Maybe start selling higher end next year. Right now you'd be a target. Unlikely, but possible and without the experience to know how to protect yourself, I wouldn't risk it right now. Peruse through the eBay forum and read up on safe selling. :smile:

If you do risk it, take amazingly clear photos and many of them, and I'd use a 'best offer' listing. Then you can pick a reputable buyer to sell to with many years experience and decent 'left for seller' feedback comments, etc.. and maybe even communicate with them before accepting an offer. It should reduce some risk. Good luck!

Hi, I sold a few of my LV bags on ebay with no problem. You will need to post clear pictures of the date code, zippers, made in logo, basically capture everything of the bag itself. Also, check your buyer's reviews and make sure they are good buyers as well. You should also indicate that you don't accept returns.

Thanks for the advice! I won't be selling my bag after all...I was going to sell it to Yoogi's, and had taken it out to send it off...and then my husband caught sight of my face and said that I should just keep the bag! I guess I couldn't let it go after all...

I've been on eBay for over 12 years. And to be honest I wouldn't start a very first sale listing on such a high end item. First off, you won't get a lot of $. Many buyers stay away from new sellers out of fear of scams themselves. I see amazing deals on what I can tell are authentic photos, go untouched, listed by sellers with less than 2 feedback marks. Buyers know the fakes/ill-written/under described high end items are often being sold by eBay newbies. Or bait and switch, etc. Goes both ways. I'd consign, or try your local Craigslist. Develop a stronger eBay reputation selling smaller or household items, and learn a bit more about what precautions are necessary. Maybe start selling higher end next year. Right now you'd be a target. Unlikely, but possible and without the experience to know how to protect yourself, I wouldn't risk it right now. Peruse through the eBay forum and read up on safe selling. :smile:

If you do risk it, take amazingly clear photos and many of them, and I'd use a 'best offer' listing. Then you can pick a reputable buyer to sell to with many years experience and decent 'left for seller' feedback comments, etc.. and maybe even communicate with them before accepting an offer. It should reduce some risk. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your advice! After reading it (and many others on other threads too), I decided to just consign with Yoogi's. I took my bag out, put it in its dust bag and was going to print out the shipping label...and my husband saw my face (I guess I looked sadder than I thought) and said that I should just keep the bag. The relief I felt surprised me...I guess I'm just not ready to let it go after all...

Thanks for the advice! I won't be selling my bag after all...I was going to sell it to Yoogi's, and had taken it out to send it off...and then my husband caught sight of my face and said that I should just keep the bag! I guess I couldn't let it go after all...

I totally understand how you felt, it happened to me every time I was packing the bags I sold, but after I shipped them out I am okay because I only sell the ones I don't use. I sold my DE zipper wallet and regretted it and went to the store and bought a new one within a month..haha.. sometimes we all make impulse decisions. Hopefully you will enjoy your bag more now since you have a hard time of letting go..

Hi everyone I'm based in the UK and wish to sell a couple of items from my LV collection I don't use I'm worried about selling I eBay die to all the horror stories I've seen lately so was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions thanks 😙