Selling LV Bags

eBay you make the most. Make sure you state no returns ,no buyers remorse ,only bid if you really want. Lol but it helps. I sold on eBay no problems so I guess I'm lucky, I try to make sure item is clean and try to make it look nice in box even add candy. Make the buyer feel good, like you would like to feel. I have a Michele watch for sale now so I hope I sell that. I need o sell some bags too.

I have used Yoogis once and had a very pleasant experience. I'm considering using them again... fashionphile seems to sell their items for higher prices, however their profit % is higher, so I guess it evens it out...

eBay you make the most. Make sure you state no returns ,no buyers remorse ,only bid if you really want. Lol but it helps. I sold on eBay no problems so I guess I'm lucky, I try to make sure item is clean and try to make it look nice in box even add candy. Make the buyer feel good, like you would like to feel. I have a Michele watch for sale now so I hope I sell that. I need o sell some bags too.

Agree.... I did all that. Still :sad:

I have sold many many items on eBay. Their fees are so much lower than 30%. I have a couple of "secrets" to stop the non paying bidders, fears of Bait & Switch, and getting too many returns.

First, allow returns, but in the Detailed Return area of the listing charge a 10% or 20% re-listing fee. Many people don't even look at this prior to purchase, but it mostly stops the Buyers Remorse returns once they have purchased the item and then actually look at your Return Policy.

Second, to stop the Bait & Switch, state in your listing that you will have a "Security Tag" attached to the handbag, charm, slg or scarf and if removed, it can not be returned. (Then I really don't have a security tag), but it stops these people from buying.

Third, do not use the Auction way of selling, and slightly overprice your item. Use the Buy It Now and you can allow offers if you wish. That gives you the control. If the person making an offer leaves unnecessary negative feedback for previous purchases, just decline their offer and stay away from them.

Fourth, be sure to post all pictures needed to authenticate your item on tpf. Then state in your listing to have your item authenticated at tpf or caroldiva.com.

Now don't get me wrong, I much prefer buying from Yoogi's & Fashionphile, but I love the profits that I keep for myself selling on eBay.

Hope this helps. :biggrin:

I just sold one on eBay and between eBay fees, PayPal fees and shipping, it cost me $100. Irritated at the loss I took and now wishing I had not ever listed with eBay.

Do you ladies just bite the bullet and pay the outrageous fees on eBay or do you have another way you sell your Louis Vuitton bags?

Lots of threads on this topic, so this one might get closed. But I sell on Craigslist, Bonanza (way cheaper fees than ebay), Yoogis and Fashionphile. There is also Meme's Treasures, Ann's Fabulous finds and Shopbellabag. For ebay I only sell as a buy it now with the best offer option.

I've found that buying pre-LVoed is really the best way to keep from taking huge losses. Everything I bought pre-LVoed I sold for a profit or broke even.

I usually sell/ co-sign with memes treasures, Melissa is very helpful and even accepts trades! :smile: Ebay is not trustworthy IMO, I sold a keepall and the buyer tried to scam me... not worth the hassle.

Thank goodness this one was preloved so I only took about a $75 hit on it. I tried fashionphile but they didn't really want to give me what I wanted out of it. I'll check into Melissa though!

Does anyone else think the eBay fees are crazy or is it just me?

I sell on ebay and it works for me. You have to go in it knowing that you're going to take a loss but keep those fees in mind when you sell and price your item accordingly. You have to balance the price between being worth it to buy preowned and not cutting into your own pocket too much.

Whoa, and I was thinking of selling my speedy there as I stopped using it ever since I bought the speedy b. Now I'm thinking where to sell my speedy. It's still in mint condition but it's better to sell it to someone who will use it than sitting in my closet. Thanks for the heads up!