**Selling/consigning** with Fashionphile

Has anyone read their complaints on the Better Business Bureau site? Holy crap! There's a complaint every few days. Some are garbage, but many mirror the complaints you read in this thread. It appears Fashionphile responds to every complaint, so if you have an unresolved issue with them, filing a BBB complaint is probably your best recourse.
Ooh wow! No I had no idea FP has complaints as I've always had a positive experience. Good to know! I will check this out. Good tip to go to BBB to resolve!

Reactions: caannie
Has anyone read their complaints on the Better Business Bureau site? Holy crap! There's a complaint every few days. Some are garbage, but many mirror the complaints you read in this thread. It appears Fashionphile responds to every complaint, so if you have an unresolved issue with them, filing a BBB complaint is probably your best recourse.
Holy crap! Is right. Wow

Reactions: caannie
Hello, I received two disappointing buyouts from Fashionphile. Has anyone tried to negotiate the offer as of 2024? Previous threads from 2020-2021 say they had success, and one from 2023 had mixed results.
I say go for it as you have nothing to loose. It's VERY hard to negotiate a higher price but I've been told by a buyer there is a small margin that they have to pay more if they decided to. The problem now is the buyer does not meet you and pick up your items anymore. FP has their SA. That SA gets your items and brings it to the buyer. When I tried to negotiate I was told by the SA there is no negotiation. Before when I worked directly with the buyer there were times when I could negotiate. Sometimes I was successful and some times not. Go for it. :smile:

Reactions: girlhasbags
Wow. That is crazy and very poor customer service. Thanks for the feedback on your trade experience. I will NEVER do a trade with them unless I can do it in person. They should at least update you. Thankfully my little few purchases with Rebag came in near new condition like the description but I tell you, they are not my first choice to do business with as reaching them and getting people to respond is very poor.and if I ever did have an issue with them I'm not convinced they would help to make things right for me. I have a purchase with The Real Real arriving today. I don't trust them that much either lol. They APPEAR to have the best condition at the best price of what I was looking for so I went for it. I will know soon if the pics were deceiving or not. They don't give you detailed pics at all. I prefer Fashionphile as I do all my transactions in person as they are physically near me. I personally never had 1 issue ever with

Hello, I received two disappointing buyouts from Fashionphile. Has anyone tried to negotiate the offer as of 2024? Previous threads from 2020-2021 say they had success, and one from 2023 had mixed results.
I was told recently they will not negotiate buyout quotes. This is unfortunate because you dont know what they are comparing. If the condition is the same or not.

I say go for it as you have nothing to loose. It's VERY hard to negotiate a higher price but I've been told by a buyer there is a small margin that they have to pay more if they decided to. The problem now is the buyer does not meet you and pick up your items anymore. FP has their SA. That SA gets your items and brings it to the buyer. When I tried to negotiate I was told by the SA there is no negotiation. Before when I worked directly with the buyer there were times when I could negotiate. Sometimes I was successful and some times not. Go for it. :smile:
This is totally correct. I made a visit to them recently to discover that you now don't meet with the buyer directly. That is too bad because at least you would understand what they were comparing your item to. Now for all you know they could be comparing your item to something that did'nt sell because of condition whereas yours is in excellent condition. They take that into account when they are pricing items but not buying them. These shady practices have really effected my purchasing and selling with them.

This is totally correct. I made a visit to them recently to discover that you now don't meet with the buyer directly. That is too bad because at least you would understand what they were comparing your item to. Now for all you know they could be comparing your item to something that did'nt sell because of condition whereas yours is in excellent condition. They take that into account when they are pricing items but not buying them. These shady practices have really effected my purchasing and selling with them.

When I don't like the quote I just don't accept it and move on. I may try back at a later time and resubmit where sometimes it's the same quote and sometimes it's just a smidgen more. What I have noticed is they will usually offer about 50% less then what the same item is currently listed at. Let's say if you are selling a Speedy 25 in very good condition and they have 10 Speedy 25s that have been on the website for at least 30 days or more, and another 10 that are less then 30 days, they will usually give you 50 percent of the new discounted price, which are the 30 and plus older listings. FP use to be pretty good with quotes and they still are better then most. I prefer to do transactions in person so many times I will just sell to FP for peace if mind. I do check for my items too after I sell to FP to see how much they list it at and it's usually close to half give or take. Twice 2 of my items never got listed unless they listed it way later or it just sold the same hr it was listed. Lol. The workers there do get a discount on our bags, they just pay about 20% more they what they bought the bag for. I was told this a few yrs ago so I don't know if that still holds true. Maybe we should go work for FP. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 880 and girlhasbags
When I don't like the quote I just don't accept it and move on. I may try back at a later time and resubmit where sometimes it's the same quote and sometimes it's just a smidgen more. What I have noticed is they will usually offer about 50% less then what the same item is currently listed at. Let's say if you are selling a Speedy 25 in very good condition and they have 10 Speedy 25s that have been on the website for at least 30 days or more, and another 10 that are less then 30 days, they will usually give you 50 percent of the new discounted price, which are the 30 and plus older listings. FP use to be pretty good with quotes and they still are better then most. I prefer to do transactions in person so many times I will just sell to FP for peace if mind. I do check for my items too after I sell to FP to see how much they list it at and it's usually close to half give or take. Twice 2 of my items never got listed unless they listed it way later or it just sold the same hr it was listed. Lol. The workers there do get a discount on our bags, they just pay about 20% more they what they bought the bag for. I was told this a few yrs ago so I don't know if that still holds true. Maybe we should go work for FP. Lol
No thanks I wouldn't have any money lol... I have said no alot laterly... lol I agree they do that with the pricing I don't think they consider the condition of the two items. I might want something in a particular condition iand wont buy one that is in lesser condition. If one comes along its gone. By not considering that when they make offers they are keeping the profit for themselves. They didn't used to be so greedy. IMHO. :smile:

Reactions: Debbie65
I will do this - They are the worst,won't even go into my saga with them, but just came here to say they are the worst. Will never buy or sell with them ever again.

I will do this - They are the worst,won't even go into my saga with them, but just came here to say they are the worst. Will never buy or sell with them ever again.
Whatever it is they are making of habit of ruining their reputation and ultimately their business. I will say I have seen a sharp decline in the last few years with their customer service. I wonder what is going on with their leadership.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Whatever it is they are making of habit of ruining their reputation and ultimately their business. I will say I have seen a sharp decline in the last few years with their customer service. I wonder what is going on with their leadership.
They have a new person in charge I was told a few months ago. It's a woman and she use to work for Chanel. She now is running Fashionphile. They made some changes, some people's positions were changed and they hired new staff.

They have a new person in charge I was told a few months ago. It's a woman and she use to work for Chanel. She now is running Fashionphile. They made some changes, some people's positions were changed and they hired new staff.
Hmm that is interesting. I thought it felt like there had been changes. The woman that was running it was from Nordstroms not sure when the changes took place but she had some in about 5 or so years ago. I wonder if she is no longer with them. Well, whoever is making the changes it is not having a positive effect and they should rethink some of their decisions. It would be a shame after they worked so hard to let the business go down to the level of distrust and negative reviews like the ones we read on the BBB.

Reactions: Debbie65
I’ve done much better consigning with the real real. My stuff sells quickly and I get far more than the fashionphile quotes. I used to much prefer FP but they are quoting ridiculous prices now.
Totally agree. I have as well. They quoted me $600.00 for a bag so I declined and sent it to The Real Real it sold a few weeks later for an appropriate price and I got almost triple of what they offered. I haven't been selling to them nearly as much as they have been make ridiculous offers and then turning around and listing it on the site for higher pricing putting all the profit in their own pockets. This practice might benefit them in the short term but as soon as another viable option comes along they will be yesterdays news. The should think about that. Can't get loyalty if you don't give any.