Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally I had a good thrift, whew!

First if anyone is bored I found a Gucci but it's on the AT thread. Opinions?

Thank you Lazlo for introducing me to ABS! I had no idea, this even has the dry cleaner tag attached, yayy for Gold lame!

NWT tags Express sweater, I paid 5.00

New Express blingy tank~love the bling!

Cache tank. One time I went in that store and it seemed soooo snooty so I never went back, this was years ago, lol.

Brand new white Express tee

Silence and Noise tank (sold at Urban outfitters). I don't think this was ever worn!

Finally I LOVED this skirt I'm certain it was made by someone there are no tags at all and it fit perfect!!!

Everything including the gucci awaiting authentication was 27.30. My kids don't understand why I can't shop at the mall anymore. Oh and yesterday I picked up AG skinny jeggings for 4.99 and Free People flowy dress/top for 9.99.

Woo hoo!!! Nice gucci too!

I think we are back in action!!

Well I took lazlo's advice and switched up my time of going to salvos and you know what?! I did amazing.

I found a John Varvatos military style jacket for the fiancé as well as a Versace shirt and brand new vans half cabs.

I got a cute pair of keds barely worn, 2 cute tops, a matryoshka book, a hello kitty alarm clock and two very amazing things...

A chanel scarf!!!

And a pair of mykita eyeglasses.

I loved them when I seen them and needed a new pair and for 5 bucks I didn't think twice. Well I came home and googled them and they are 500 dollar glasses!!!

Pics in a bit...

My Gucci is authentic! :yahoo:

Congrats, that's a great bag!

Here are some more pics of my $1 Loubs - they need some work but then again it's just $1!!!!

View attachment 2135904
View attachment 2135905View attachment 2135906View attachment 2135907View attachment 2135908

That's the stuff dreams are made out of! The repair seems pretty easy too.

My St John

I'm a good size 6 or 8 in a dress no way this is a 12 maybe it was altered or shrank. I put it in the Washing machine (I know....) and it reeked of dry clean chemicals (gag). I aired it outside and the smell got better thank goodness

Nice! It looks pretty modern even though it's vintage.

Love your cat :P

Jaw-on-FLOOR!!

Love love love that BCBG. That should be my wedding reception dress.

Those loubs are a bit banged up, would be interesting to see how they get fixed up! I would totally rock them as-is.

I'm actually not looking for purses :smile: I just rotate between my neverfull and backpack so I'm all set! I just look for wearable items that are my style and by a brand name. My style isn't that fancy, minimalistic and comfortable, except when I dress up.
I took a look at that blog O_O Holy ballsss I want to thift with them! Seems too incredible to be able to find those brands in a thrift store... I guess you never know! Have you ever found brands like that?

I've found some stuff like that, but not as much as that person! I read that they go EVERY day, first thing in the morning...I'm just not that dedicated :P. But I've found Dior, Ferragamo, Coach, and Armani before. I've also found a lot of unknown brands that are just as high quality, I'm happy with that!

Can not believe these were at the savers.
Like new Stuart Weitzman Bouffant shoes in my size $8
Tory wool blend cardigan $6
Coach coin purse $5

Ooh, I really like those shoes!

Sacrilege is the perfect word for what that is. The Consignment store had an ENTIRE rack of CHANEL (unheard of). I'm going through the rack with my jaw on the ground, and then I saw that (and it's a beautiful jacket). I held it up and yelled at my friend, "WHO DOES THAT???" :nono::noggin: The rest of the Chanel clothing had tags in tact. They also had about 8 vintage Chanel bags. My head was spinning. It's still spinning, and it wants to go back and BUY!!!

Wow...a whole rack of Chanel...what was the pricing like? If the jacket was cheap enough, I'd buy it even if it didn't fit :P.

Well I took lazlo's advice and switched up my time of going to salvos and you know what?! I did amazing.

I found a John Varvatos military style jacket for the fiancé as well as a Versace shirt and brand new vans half cabs.

I got a cute pair of keds barely worn, 2 cute tops, a matryoshka book, a hello kitty alarm clock and two very amazing things...

A chanel scarf!!!

I loved them when I seen them and needed a new pair and for 5 bucks I didn't think twice. Well I came home and googled them and they are 500 dollar glasses!!!

Pics in a bit...

Eeeeeek!!! Where did you go?

A chanel scarf!!!

Pics in a bit...

Ha! Success!! I am so happy for you! I'm a big believer in changing the routine if it's not working! I can't wait to see your scores!!

Edit; My red cowboy boots that were falling the heck apart were saved by the power of the GrorillaGlue! That stuff is amaaaazzinnnggg ... I also used it to glue my pink gardening broom back together. I broke the plastic stem in half during an encounter with a Black Widow. But the glue fixed it! Used some gorilla tape too ... but none the less my 99cent store pink broom is fixed. It's hard to find a crazy pink broom these days ... and you can ask Ted ... I need the red cowboy boots AND my pink broom ...

Last edited:
Finally I had a good thrift, whew!

First if anyone is bored I found a Gucci but it's on the AT thread. Opinions?

Thank you Lazlo for introducing me to ABS! I had no idea, this even has the dry cleaner tag attached, yayy for Gold lame!

NWT tags Express sweater, I paid 5.00

New Express blingy tank~love the bling!

Cache tank. One time I went in that store and it seemed soooo snooty so I never went back, this was years ago, lol.

Brand new white Express tee

Silence and Noise tank (sold at Urban outfitters). I don't think this was ever worn!

Finally I LOVED this skirt I'm certain it was made by someone there are no tags at all and it fit perfect!!!

Everything including the gucci awaiting authentication was 27.30. My kids don't understand why I can't shop at the mall anymore. Oh and yesterday I picked up AG skinny jeggings for 4.99 and Free People flowy dress/top for 9.99.

You got such beautiful items! I am happy you got some ABS... I had literally one of the best denim buying trips of my whole life once at a very Posh ABS store. I still think of it to this day. It was when I was still a Sales shopper. Now I can't remember the last time I was in a "real" store ... It has been a couple YEARS I bet ...

why would any of us ever go back after seeing the light!? And the Gucci! ;)

Yep, IMG links. It hadn't been a problem until last night. That vintage was in such great shape for $12, but lately people have been marking the D&B's up. Do you think it's a trend or someone who's truly gone pen crazee....

It is a trend here. D&B is the same here in my area as Coach. Crazy MoFos! They do miss all the glorious made in Italy bags and all the vintage and they overprice D&B and Coach. I'm blaming YouTube "fashion" gurus ... since apparently I am blaming people today for stuff that probably is not anyone's fault ...

Your new D&B is lovely IESP like the little matchy change purse. Sometimes I delight in being super matchy matchy ...

Hi everyone! I'm loving the finds and have to agree with the sucky pricing at thrift ships lately... I blame the thrift shop song!

I was on my way home from my dr appt and went by the UCLA thrift and almost didn't stop because last time I was in there it was really overpriced and bad, but.... We are a Bruin family and had to go in LOL

Vince Cashmere, didn't photo well but it has the collar like a white shirt, very 2001 - $15
View attachment 2138949

Max Mara $12.50
6View attachment 2138956

Banana republic heritage $5
View attachment 2138959

American apparel $1
View attachment 2138960

Super cute Pink Tartan pleated dress $7.50
View attachment 2138962
View attachment 2138963

The skirt part is very full and girly!

They had 50% off so it want too bad, I'm looking forward to rocking the dress... If I can squeeze all this into a size 2 LOL

It's all incredibly adorable! I love American apparel's soft cotton. I have this mint green V-neck summer T from them and it's to die for! Easily as nice (almost) As James Perse and my buddy Michael Stars.

You did great! I am sure the dress will fit. I thrifted an ann taylor loft 100% silk dress that is a size 2 and it looked like it would fit ... and it did! Who knows anymore!? It's like they lost all their tap measures! Though to be fair sizing for a dress is not that big a deal ... I think. Unless it is too small. I'm rambling ...

It's hard to believe the thrift store song is causing all this ... but stranger things have happened. I was at Salvos and saw a group of ... clustered people who clearly did not want to be there all sort of mocking together and I blamed the song. LOL! Probably unfair but there it is!

Oh and The Hubs graduated from UCLA ... I almost went there and my Brother went to USC. So we enjoy the whole rivalry very very much!

Ha! Success!! I am so happy for you! I'm a big believer in changing the routine if it's not working! I can't wait to see your scores!!

Edit; My red cowboy boots that were falling the heck apart were saved by the power of the GrorillaGlue! That stuff is amaaaazzinnnggg ... I also used it to glue my pink gardening broom back together. I broke the plastic stem in half during an encounter with a Black Widow. But the glue fixed it! Used some gorilla tape too ... but none the less my 99cent store pink broom is fixed. It's hard to find a crazy pink broom these days ... and you can ask Ted ... I need the red cowboy boots AND my pink broom ...

Thank you so much!! I was like lazlo is sooo right! A thrifting goddess!!! I'm taking pics now...

Oh and gorilla glue. We swear by it in this house and yes a good broom is hard to find!! I'm so happy about your boots!! I love those ted's!!

Status
Not open for further replies.