Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES!!! It's super overpriced. I am going there exclusively bc I have been staying with mom while she recovers from surgery (she isn't doing too hot) and its only 15 minutes away. I have overheard people talk of reselling and whatnot and it makes me go into panic thrifting mode bc I worry they will "find" something before me and I will miss out. So I totally understand the bad vibe ugh last time I was there they had a painting for 200 bucks!! It was something you could easily find at home goods for 40 smackeroos. There was another painting my fiancé and I liked in there but were unsure of. It didn't have a price so we asked the manager (the little southern guy Phil) what's the price he told us 8.99 and we thought about it and didn't get it. I went back and it was still there marked for 39.99!! The horror! I might check out the one on the UWE this weekend. I am heading to buffalo exchange to get rid of some of my unwanted things.

I'm sorry your mom isn't doing well. I'll say a prayer if you don't mind. Also, I would lol if I ran into you at Salvos :smile:

Can not believe these were at the savers.
Like new Stuart Weitzman Bouffant shoes in my size $8
Tory wool blend cardigan $6
Coach coin purse $5

OMG those shoes are soooooo nice!!! Great cardi and cute Coach :smile:

Thank you guyz, more pictures of the celine glasses they cost me £7 brand new with tags but no box. Also found some Moschino glasses for a fiver!

View attachment 2137978View attachment 2137979View attachment 2137980
Hope my thrifting luck returns!

Gorgeous sunnies!!!

My haul of the day:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1365738926.083453.jpg
Jeans by AG, MEK, Paige, and two brands Im not familiar with called Goldsign and Kasil (googled them and found brand new pairs for $170-255) all for $1.5-7 each.

Coach belt for $1.50

Maxi skirt, an Italian brand bag, bcbg bag and suede Banana Republic bag (not pictured)

Less than $50!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1365738878.703345.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1365738878.703345.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 448
For some reason my photobucket will not let me post pics. I wonder what is going on?]

I clicked on the picture and it shows me a lovely D&B ...

I don't have one yet cause I keep finding them marked way the heck up, Hades Manager Style! And they are also usually damaged to a level I find uncomfortable. But I hope one day my Prince (I mean my D&B) will come ...

Is your photobucket giving you IMG links?

Thank you guyz, more pictures of the celine glasses they cost me £7 brand new with tags but no box. Also found some Moschino glasses for a fiver!

Hope my thrifting luck returns!

Stunning! Stunning! I so rarely find sunglasses! They are elusive! Those are DDG!

My haul of the day:
View attachment 2138114
Jeans by AG, MEK, Paige, and two brands Im not familiar with called Goldsign and Kasil (googled them and found brand new pairs for $170-255) all for $1.5-7 each.

Coach belt for $1.50

Maxi skirt, an Italian brand bag, bcbg bag and suede Banana Republic bag (not pictured)

Less than $50!
Adriano Goldschmied
Mister AG
He was working for his namesake brand til 2007, and now he's designing Goldsign.
I have some Goldsign cords
and they are divine!

You scored! I like MEK too!

Finally I had a good thrift, whew!

First if anyone is bored I found a Gucci but it's on the AT thread. Opinions?

Thank you Lazlo for introducing me to ABS! I had no idea, this even has the dry cleaner tag attached, yayy for Gold lame!

NWT tags Express sweater, I paid 5.00

New Express blingy tank~love the bling!

Cache tank. One time I went in that store and it seemed soooo snooty so I never went back, this was years ago, lol.

Brand new white Express tee

Silence and Noise tank (sold at Urban outfitters). I don't think this was ever worn!

Finally I LOVED this skirt I'm certain it was made by someone there are no tags at all and it fit perfect!!!

Everything including the gucci awaiting authentication was 27.30. My kids don't understand why I can't shop at the mall anymore. Oh and yesterday I picked up AG skinny jeggings for 4.99 and Free People flowy dress/top for 9.99.

I clicked on the picture and it shows me a lovely D&B ...

I don't have one yet cause I keep finding them marked way the heck up, Hades Manager Style! And they are also usually damaged to a level I find uncomfortable. But I hope one day my Prince (I mean my D&B) will come ...

Is your photobucket giving you IMG links?
Yep, IMG links. It hadn't been a problem until last night. That vintage was in such great shape for $12, but lately people have been marking the D&B's up. Do you think it's a trend or someone who's truly gone pen crazee....

Finally I had a good thrift, whew!

First if anyone is bored I found a Gucci but it's on the AT thread. Opinions?

Thank you Lazlo for introducing me to ABS! I had no idea, this even has the dry cleaner tag attached, yayy for Gold lame!

NWT tags Express sweater, I paid 5.00

New Express blingy tank~love the bling!

Cache tank. One time I went in that store and it seemed soooo snooty so I never went back, this was years ago, lol.

Brand new white Express tee

Silence and Noise tank (sold at Urban outfitters). I don't think this was ever worn!

Finally I LOVED this skirt I'm certain it was made by someone there are no tags at all and it fit perfect!!!

Everything including the gucci awaiting authentication was 27.30. My kids don't understand why I can't shop at the mall anymore. Oh and yesterday I picked up AG skinny jeggings for 4.99 and Free People flowy dress/top for 9.99.
Lovely stuff!

Hi everyone! I'm loving the finds and have to agree with the sucky pricing at thrift ships lately... I blame the thrift shop song!

I was on my way home from my dr appt and went by the UCLA thrift and almost didn't stop because last time I was in there it was really overpriced and bad, but.... We are a Bruin family and had to go in LOL

Vince Cashmere, didn't photo well but it has the collar like a white shirt, very 2001 - $15
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1365792975.689311.jpg

Max Mara $12.50
6ImageUploadedByPurseForum1365793198.676512.jpg

Banana republic heritage $5
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1365793247.066211.jpg

American apparel $1
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1365793283.390924.jpg

Super cute Pink Tartan pleated dress $7.50
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1365793336.447737.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1365793356.501186.jpg

The skirt part is very full and girly!

They had 50% off so it want too bad, I'm looking forward to rocking the dress... If I can squeeze all this into a size 2 LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.