Scientology Season 2

Every week is another horror story. It's heart wrenching, but now I want to see a crack begin in the organisation. I want to see lawsuits being won or the government stepping in.

I don't want any more gut wrenching stories. Don't think I can take it. This show has to have some kind of momentum.

I'm waiting for the cracks to appear too....and perhaps they are and we aren't yet privy to them. I really felt quite upset when they had the one male ex member tell the story of how he convinced his wife to have an abortion. That was just really tough to hear and watch....I cannot begin to imagine how this man feels. It takes time for action to happen, I really hope things are happening behind the scenes . I don't see how the government can ignore it at this point......I don't expect the gov to help people per se, but I do expect the IRS to want to extract their pound of flesh.....this cult needs to loose their "religious" status and start paying taxes. That would be a good start.But I do hope people can be helped too.....I can't imaging them being sent to that"jail" where that little man Miscavige keeps them, and they feel they deserve to be there....ever notice how short men sometimes rise to power as a maniacal tyrant? I can't help but notice this.

Anyone watch the latest episode that aired this week? It’s back on. It was on a couple week hiatus.

I’m catching up now....it’s about the children at the ranch. Ugh. I knew this would be a tough episode for me to watch.

I watched the last episode with the kids. Awful, like a forced labor camp. And the guy who's mother basically abandoned him there. The girl who's father (I think) told her no one wanted to take her, so she was being sent to that camp. I cannot even begin to imagine how these kids felt when this was happening. I really truly hope the US government is watching - this many people speaking out about abuse....something has to be done. Surely something can be done. I don't care how many lawyers Scientology has......I would think the US government could go up against them and have nothing to fear.

I don't care what kids did, I really hate the idea of parents sending in hired goons to transport them somewhere. (I'm just thinking, "You practically had them kidnapped at damn near three in the morning, how the hell do you expect them to react?")

In any other time, if people came into your room and wanted you to go with them, it would feel like a kidnapping and you'd fight tooth and nail to avoid doing that. But because your parents hired them, you're supposed to keep quiet and accept what's happening?

The ones sent to transport the guy to the second location of the ranch sounded particularly thug-like.

My heart breaks hearing all these stories, but the fact that they're out there telling their stories and (hopefully) getting help is comforting. It really helps that they have sympathetic ears in Leah and Mike and all the viewers.

They're showing that this disgusting cult can't bully them anymore and they won't be quiet. That's empowering.

I watched the last episode with the kids. Awful, like a forced labor camp. And the guy who's mother basically abandoned him there. The girl who's father (I think) told her no one wanted to take her, so she was being sent to that camp. I cannot even begin to imagine how these kids felt when this was happening. I really truly hope the US government is watching - this many people speaking out about abuse....something has to be done. Surely something can be done. I don't care how many lawyers Scientology has......I would think the US government could go up against them and have nothing to fear.

The girl looks so familiar and its driving me nuts where I've seen here from. I missed the first 15min.

Wow. The loopholes to sue. 18 attorneys there for the church....the arbritration process also becomes an issue bc if you sue you are SP therefore cannot be in the same room with a Scientologist. Omg they thought of EVERYTHING.

I hope the lawsuit is successful. But I can’t imagine what that is costing Garcia. 4 years later and still in the thick of it.

i am way behind on season two. I just watched episode 3 "A Perfect Family." It was heart breaking to hear about the destruction of that family... So much potential, yet so very damaged. To know they they are just one of thousands like this... well, that weighs heavily on my heart.

After this last episode, you can see they have a business formula (including the hard sell) and it's all lined out......so how do they get away with calling this thing a religion? This is a business, designed to sell you thinks (books, videos, classes, self help)......I don't understand how they can say this is a religion. Doesn't a religion have a head person? Like Jesus, Buddha, etc.......I don't think they claim LRH to be a "god".....am I missing something here?

After this last episode, you can see they have a business formula (including the hard sell) and it's all lined out......so how do they get away with calling this thing a religion? This is a business, designed to sell you thinks (books, videos, classes, self help)......I don't understand how they can say this is a religion. Doesn't a religion have a head person? Like Jesus, Buddha, etc.......I don't think they claim LRH to be a "god".....am I missing something here?

Leah has stated numerous times LRH and David are indeed their version of the pope. I clearly remember her saying “if you were catholic would you believe the pope was abusing people; no you would laugh and say that is ridiculous”. That is why no one questions David M. LRH’s Birthday is a national holiday for them like Christmas (birth of Jesus is for Catholics). They also celebrate the day he died liked Catholics celebrate Easter.

Other religious absolutely make you buy things as members. Maybe not this bad but they certainly do - offerings, bible classes, 10% of your earnings, Sunday school, bible retreats. I’ve seen ATM’s in churches. I have Jewish friends who also pay for various things for temple.

Why do you think so many preachers live in Mansions, ride in private jets and drive expensive luxury cars? The congregation/worshipers is paying for it. So yes, Scientology is not the only ones.

Last edited:
Leah has stated numerous times LRH and David are indeed their version of the pope. I clearly remember her saying “if you were catholic would you believe the pope was abusing people; no you would laugh and say that is ridiculous”. That is why no one questions David M. LRH’s Birthday is a national holiday for them like Christmas (birth of Jesus is for Catholics). They also celebrate the day he died liked Catholics celebrate Easter.

Other religious absolutely make you buy things as members. Maybe not this bad but they certainly do - offerings, bible classes, 10% of your earnings, Sunday school, bible retreats. I’ve seen ATM’s in churches. I have Jewish friends who also pay for various things for temple.

Why do you think so many preachers live in Mansions, ride in private jets and drive expensive luxury cars? The congregation/worshipers is paying for it. So yes, Scientology is not the only ones.

Except for the fact that most other religions don't 'require' the purchases or donations to worship. Nor do they base what you give, purchase or donate on your level of faith.
ETA: most other religions also don't squirrel you away for not being what they want you to be.

I was raised in the Catholic church. Yes, donations can be made, and they do prefer you to tithe, but it is not mandatory. You do not have to put anything in the basket when they pass it. We do not have to sign up or sign anything to attend or worship at the Catholic church. We also do not have to buy anything - we do not need/have to buy a bible or any reading materials. Most churches I know of offer bible study but there is no fee to pay, it's voluntary and free. We can also speak out about the pope or anyone associated with the Catholic church without fear of any retribution. We are free to come and go as we please. No punishment from the church would be levied upon us for any reason. We are welcomed back without any rhyme or reason, without any questions. We are not whisked away to a "prison" for any reasons. There are no aspects of fear or retribution if you simply decide to no longer show up, or if you chose to speak out about anything.

Yes Scientology does try to model itself after some aspects of what most of us would consider a church/religion or a church like atmosphere. But from what I have read....or it may have been in a doc I watched - LRH worked very hard to get his "theories" recognized by legitimate doctors for treatments, and when his ideas were rejected - he went a different route. He decided to make it "a religion" or sorts. I believe it was Going Clear that I watched that provided this interesting background, but I could be mistaken it's been a few years.

I just do not see any correlation between a legitimate religion vs Scientology. JMO. You/others may very well feel differently. And that's cool.

About the preachers who drive a Rolls and live very high on the hog - I feel they are grossly misusing the funds from their patronage and I question their true intentions- but that a whole other issue.

Except for the fact that most other religions don't 'require' the purchases or donations to worship. Nor do they base what you give, purchase or donate on your level of faith.
ETA: most other religions also don't squirrel you away for not being what they want you to be.

No it’s not required but it is a business for them. I also have seen church’s make people feel bad for not donating to the church. Not like Scientology but yes, I’ve seen people shamed for not giving more.