Scientology Season 2

I was raised in the Catholic church. Yes, donations can be made, and they do prefer you to tithe, but it is not mandatory. You do not have to put anything in the basket when they pass it. We do not have to sign up or sign anything to attend or worship at the Catholic church. We also do not have to buy anything - we do not need/have to buy a bible or any reading materials. Most churches I know of offer bible study but there is no fee to pay, it's voluntary and free. We can also speak out about the pope or anyone associated with the Catholic church without fear of any retribution. We are free to come and go as we please. No punishment from the church would be levied upon us for any reason. We are welcomed back without any rhyme or reason, without any questions. We are not whisked away to a "prison" for any reasons. There are no aspects of fear or retribution if you simply decide to no longer show up, or if you chose to speak out about anything.

Yes Scientology does try to model itself after some aspects of what most of us would consider a church/religion or a church like atmosphere. But from what I have read....or it may have been in a doc I watched - LRH worked very hard to get his "theories" recognized by legitimate doctors for treatments, and when his ideas were rejected - he went a different route. He decided to make it "a religion" or sorts. I believe it was Going Clear that I watched that provided this interesting background, but I could be mistaken it's been a few years.

I just do not see any correlation between a legitimate religion vs Scientology. JMO. You/others may very well feel differently. And that's cool.

About the preachers who drive a Rolls and live very high on the hog - I feel they are grossly misusing the funds from their patronage and I question their true intentions- but that a whole other issue.

Every church I have ever been to (I was raised a Baptist), required you pay for counseling, Sunday school, retreats and bible study. I’m not a church goer but my family are hardcore members and are always asking me for money for the church.

I kid you not my uncle has been asking me for money to put towards his church renovation project for 16yrs (dead serious). I laugh at him every time. I walk by this church every week and there is no renovations going on.

My bff is a hard core church member in a Catholic Church and always mentions things she has to pay for at her church.

Every church I have ever been to (I was raised a Baptist), required you pay for counseling, Sunday school, retreats and bible study. I’m not a church goer but my family are hardcore members and are always asking me for money for the church.

I kid you not my uncle has been asking me for money to put towards his church renovation project for 16yrs (dead serious). I laugh at him every time. I walk by this church every week and there is no renovations going on.

My bff is a hard core church member in a Catholic Church and always mentions things she has to pay for at her church.

Sounds like we have had very different experiences. Cie la vie.

Leah has stated numerous times LRH and David are indeed their version of the pope. I clearly remember her saying “if you were catholic would you believe the pope was abusing people; no you would laugh and say that is ridiculous”. That is why no one questions David M. LRH’s Birthday is a national holiday for them like Christmas (birth of Jesus is for Catholics). They also celebrate the day he died liked Catholics celebrate Easter.

Other religious absolutely make you buy things as members. Maybe not this bad but they certainly do - offerings, bible classes, 10% of your earnings, Sunday school, bible retreats. I’ve seen ATM’s in churches. I have Jewish friends who also pay for various things for temple.

Why do you think so many preachers live in Mansions, ride in private jets and drive expensive luxury cars? The congregation/worshipers is paying for it. So yes, Scientology is not the only ones.

I am Catholic, and I can go to mass and not tithe 10% and they will still let me go to mass, they suggest it but it isn't forced. Yes, they may sell bibles, or you may buy one at the book store, but noone is threatening to throw you out of a Catholic church if you don't. Most bible studies are free. What you do have to pay for are CCD classes for your kids, but those are sometimes weekly, they need a place to hold them and have CCD teachers (most of which are parents who have been trained) teach them. So, they need funds for that. But, again, I have known many people who couldn't afford even the $100 for CCD classes and the church worked with them.

I have never gone to a Catholic church or Lutheran church or any other kind of well known denomination where they forced you to buy things or you weren't allowed to attend services.

To me, you can't compare to Scientology to any Christian denomination

Yes, the last show was the Q & A.
I haven’t looked for info regarding a 3rd season but I hope there is one.
I’m wondering if the People magazine issue that should be in my mailbox today will have a story on Danny Mastersons being fired?

Yes, the last show was the Q & A.
I haven’t looked for info regarding a 3rd season but I hope there is one.
I’m wondering if the People magazine issue that should be in my mailbox today will have a story on Danny Mastersons being fired?

Nope. There is a chart of all the men that have been accused, but he is not on it.

I feel pretty sure the ratings were high for this show, and it will return for a third season. At least I hope so! I'll never be able to enjoy reruns of That 70's Show as much as I used to, knowing Steven Hyde is such a creep!!!