Scientology Season 2

They think L Rob Hubbard is coming back (and they have everything ready for him when he returns?).

Leah said that if she told believers he was dead, they'd think she was insane. (I loved the hand gesture she made when she imagined people telling her that!)

In Ancient Egypt, they would stock the Pharoah's tomb in preparation for their death. They wanted to make sure they had everything they needed for the afterlife.

Looking at the things in Tut's tomb, you could tell it was hastily thrown together, given his short reign. He died young and they weren't given much time to prepare. (Lots of things in there weren't originally meant for him) If someone who reigned longer (say, Ramses)'s tomb was still intact, imagine the treasures and objects that would have been in there, all meant for him.

Some people are buried with coins on their eyelids so they'd have the money to pay Charon to take them across the river Styx.

In China, they'd burn paper versions of every day objects (cars, handbags, cell phones) to give the deceased a happy afterlife.

All that makes sense to me because it's what other people believe(d). We don't know for sure what happens in the afterlife, so there's no "right" answer.

Preparing for L Ron to come back to life in the same form as he was does not make sense to me.

(I made it a point to say 'in the same form' because some legitimate faiths believe in the concept of reincarnation. Scientology is not a legitimate faith.)

They think L Rob Hubbard is coming back (and they have everything ready for him when he returns?).

(I made it a point to say 'in the same form' because some legitimate faiths believe in the concept of reincarnation. Scientology is not a legitimate faith.)

Whoa I'm glad you stated this ^^^. LOL!

Can you imagine LRH and the other high culties sitting around the meeting table discussing how all this crap works?! I gotta give credit for the creatively wild imagination. I wonder who takes over if Miscavich "sheds" his outter layer (or whatever) in the near future...Tom? LOL!

Can you imagine LRH and the other high culties sitting around the meeting table discussing how all this crap works?! I gotta give credit for the creatively wild imagination. I wonder who takes over if Miscavich "sheds" his outter layer (or whatever) in the near future...Tom? LOL!
David Miscavige is only 2 years older than Tom!

Tonight’s episode was good! Finally calling out the celebrity Scientologists who refuse to open their damn eyes and take a hard look at the abuse that is happening within their church.

The next episode will be hard for me to watch. I have a hard time hearing stories of abuse especially when it involves children. Children forced into this BS.

Last night I was channel surfing and caught another show about this cult.

It was specifically about a Scientology cult family whose son was schizophrenic. And of course the cult doesn't believe in mental illness or psychiatry so they put him in SeaOrg where he got kicked out (due to his mental illness) and eventually got kicked out of the cult altogether. He eventually stabbed his mother 77 times on LRH's birthday back in 2003. Talk about horrific.

Reactions: carlpsmom
I made it a point of saying it because I was talking about the difference of stuff people believed that made sense to me regarding death and the afterlife vs. stuff that didn't (Scientology).

I didn't want to run the risk of offending people and I didn't want to get into a whole discussion of other religions (which I know is not allowed here) so I thought the way I wrote it was the best way of handling it.

Every week is another horror story. It's heart wrenching, but now I want to see a crack begin in the organisation. I want to see lawsuits being won or the government stepping in.

I don't want any more gut wrenching stories. Don't think I can take it. This show has to have some kind of momentum.

First the public must be enlightened. That's the purpose of this show. And the ugliness must be shown.
The abuses it practices makes me physically sick.
I'm really ticked that this cult pays no taxes.

Reactions: caitlin1214
First the public must be enlightened. That's the purpose of this show. And the ugliness must be shown.
We are enlightened. Leah's isn't the first exposé. Going Clear wasn't the first documentary. We're seen specials on this for many years now. 20/20 aired something. Panorama aired Scientology and Me. I saw something on A&E many years ago.

I've been watching this stuff for years and as I said, the stories are horrifying, but now I want to see what the lawyers and politicians are doing. Or is no one doing anything.

We are enlightened. Leah's isn't the first exposé. Going Clear wasn't the first documentary. We're seen specials on this for many years now. 20/20 aired something. Panorama aired Scientology and Me. I saw something on A&E many years ago.

I've been watching this stuff for years and as I said, the stories are horrifying, but now I want to see what the lawyers and politicians are doing. Or is no one doing anything.
YES!! Add to the shows and docs all the written reporting on the matter.

At the end of last season they promised they'd move towards actionable results, if they're not shifting the primary focus this season to that promise... don't they risk exploiting the suffering of the people they're trying to help? I'm still behind on watching the show so perhaps that has already happened but if at the end of this season nothing significant has shifted what was the point?

Last edited:
It takes a really long time for water to erode a rock.

That's what I think all this attention is doing to Scientology.

This is very true. These things take time and patience. The cults approach in recruiting is so cunning that it makes it difficult to see how they manipulate oneself into becoming a member.

Jada disputing being a cult member brings more attention to it which in turn should bring more attention, curious viewers and action against the cult. Would be great to see action against them sooner rather than later but they've (Leah, et. al) got to play it smart because the cult is so clever and conniving. Just look how they got to be tax exempt. Disgusting!