Scientology Season 2

The episode talking about how much money it costs was crazy!!. Leah's mom said she was at OTVII for about 18 years which Leah paid for. The whole Bridge is nothing more than a scam. Mind boggling actually that you pay a million bucks to find out you are who you were when you entered Scientology. Groundbreaking :wtf:

I bet Leah's mom feels guilt on so many levels.

I remember Remini was expected to bring Jennifer Lopez into Scientology. I imagine that was the last straw for her as far as Miscavage was concerned. Lopez would have been quite a coup for the cult.
I forget where, but Leah talked about getting pressure from them to get Kevin James involved. (I refuse to call it a religion or church anymore. It's a cult. Let's call a spade a spade!) Leah refused. She told them, "He's got going to go for it. He's a devout Catholic."

Because of all this Leah Remini/Scientology stuff, I've been making it a point of watching reruns of The King of Queens and Kevin Can Wait.

To the above comment, yes, I think she said that in Season 1 about Kevin.

I also, am so confused as to why Leah was kicked out of Sea Org when she was a teenager, but her mother and sister did not disown her AND they were allowed to stay in the "religion" and move to LA. Leah was in the Sea Org for years, so I also don't understand why she plays shocked, when people tell their stories from their time in the Sea Org.

because she stated she was as well, yet she acts like this is all new to her. Also, she was kicked out and glad to be kicked out, yet the family stayed in the religion. Makes zero sense to me.

I think how she asks questions regarding the Sea Org and Scientology is getting people to open up. She knows her experiences but she doesn't want to influence what another might say so how she asks the question might come off as "wow, that really happened?!" but she knows it did because she has experienced it while she was in it, not that she is trying to act all surprised...more like "wow, that confirms what I saw/experienced!". Hope I am making sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: caitlin1214
I think how she asks questions regarding the Sea Org and Scientology is getting people to open up. She knows her experiences but she doesn't want to influence what another might say so how she asks the question might come off as "wow, that really happened?!" but she knows it did because she has experienced it while she was in it, not that she is trying to act all surprised...more like "wow, that confirms what I saw/experienced!". Hope I am making sense.
That makes perfect sense.

To add, I sort of saw Leah's reaction to what people were saying was her way of getting the speaker to explain things for the audience at home. That's part of the reason why a screen with the definition of a term pops up.

(Before Leah would start talking about the Knowledge Reports turned in about her, the subject would be introduced and the word would be officially defined. Then the conversation can continue.)

It's their version of a preface to what they're going to be talking about or taking a sidebar during.

Has it ever been discussed on the show; when people die, where do Scientologist think the dead are? Don't they believe you don't die nor do you get diseases? So how do they explain when people in the cult die and get cancer?

Has it ever been discussed on the show; when people die, where do Scientologist think the dead are? Don't they believe you don't die nor do you get diseases? So how do they explain when people in the cult die and get cancer?

If a high ranking member dies of a disease isn't it explained away as the person was an SP? The ridiculousness of it all simply amazes me. How the mind can be manipulated/brainwashed. Scary.

If a high ranking member dies of a disease isn't it explained away as the person was an SP? The ridiculousness of it all simply amazes me. How the mind can be manipulated/brainwashed. Scary.

But their leader L Ron is dead; how do they explain where he disappeared to? This cult is so damn weird. I have so many questions; that I can't be the only one who thinks it. These people are nuts and I can never understand how someone like Leah, who questions everything and will not be silenced was apart of this for so many years. Leah is a no nonsense "you will not tell me what to do" type of woman - this is why I always loved her and it really boggles my mind she didn't leave this foolishness as a loud mouth talk back teenager/young adult, when she was kicked out the sea org.

Leah said in a 20/20 interview all the books you have to buy is the same books over and over again. She knew that, but continued to keep spending money on them.

Last edited:
Reactions: frick&frack
But their leader L Ron is dead; how do they explain where he disappeared to? This cult is so damn weird. I have so many questions; that I can't be the only one who thinks it. These people are nuts and I can never understand how someone like Leah, who questions everything and will not be silenced was apart of this for so many years. Leah is a no nonsense "you will not tell me what to do" type of woman - this is why I always loved her and it really boggles my mind she didn't leave this foolishness as a loud mouth talk back teenager/young adult, when she was kicked out the sea org.

Leah said in a 20/20 interview all the books you have to buy is the same books over and over again. She knew that, but continued to keep spending money on them.
When David M announced that L Ron had "died" they said he "shed the body that had served him for XX amount of years" uhhhhh. What?. Yeah..I don't know how that all works.
I think if you get sick before obtaining Clear, they blame it on that..Your hadn't yet reached the level to heal yourself and even after you've obtained Clear they expect you do pay to go back down the levels.
So efffed on so many levels. I feel like a grade 2 child would question any of the garbage this establishment has based itself on.