Scarves Scarf Of The Day - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a new one for me, is it traditional? I really like the sound of that.

The UK never used to have fireworks because it had firework/bonfire night but now it seems to celebrate everything with fireworks. Germany certainly does, fire crackers everywhere all night long.

We toll a curfew bell in the middle of the village (surrounded by villagers) for 4 mins (23:58-00:02) then someone lights fireworks in the central square (just below the bell) at midnight and then we all :hugs: After all that we go back into the pub (hotel) eat a buffet and sing 'Auld Lang Syne' and 'The Bonnie Banks o' Loch Lomond' and stagger home...whenever

I need to bring pots and pans next year :tup:
That sounds like a wonderful tradition! I live in a village also, but I don't believe we do anything like that. I should try to start a village tradition!
I especially like the idea of everyone hugging... such a nice way to ring in a new year! :smile:

That sounds like a wonderful tradition! I live in a village also, but I don't believe we do anything like that. I should try to start a village tradition!
I especially like the idea of everyone hugging... such a nice way to ring in a new year! :smile:

Great idea, I meet new people every year, even in a small place and of course, all traditions have to start sometime ;)

Reactions: Croisette7
another celebration scarf and siblings to many here Carnaval de Venise (from the archive - I could have done with that hat today) formally belonging to an amazing H scarf aficionado and tPFer and still one of my very favourite scarves in every respect

e4efc3c9-efca-4f0d-bf0f-799451a3c1c5_zpszh6gvigp.jpg

2f3ec1e9-203c-4610-8ef0-5a8a1d5a5f34_zps0pj8eisz.jpg

another celebration scarf and siblings to many here Carnaval de Venise (from the archive - I could have done with that hat today) formally belonging to an amazing H scarf aficionado and tPFer and still one of my very favourite scarves in every respect

I don't think I've ever seen it in this colorway before. It's gorgeous!

Reactions: papertiger
Zenobie because she was my chosen scarf to take me to the wilderness this holiday season.

aa914d5e-3df9-4018-96b8-81856aa57b07_zpshjff8mbn.jpg

This was me on Monday. You couldn't see the scarf in this pic not only as i'm facing the wrong way but because she's buried under many layers..."which way to the nearest H?"

9acda43f-e472-4f22-a5af-8589225d8a52_zpsvn5eokid.jpg

Just to keep bunnycat company, a celebration of living life to the full and the true nature of Hermes, ClF from the archive in khaki dd

images.jpg

and the sharper green version too

ClF1.jpg
I love these photos and H in nature. The landscape is beautiful as are you.

You really know how to carry off a hat! (plus scarf)! Wonderful outfit.

This is fantastic and the hat is wonderful. It is very cool here, too. I think European villages have a different sense of community than US villages (perhaps because they are older), however, your comment that all traditions have to start at some time is so true.

You & I are sisters on this... I love the colorway of yours! So very festive!
We didn't have fireworks on New Years Eve, but some of our neighbors came out of their house and banged on pots & pans... :giggle:

That's a new one for me, is it traditional? I really like the sound of that.

The UK never used to have fireworks because it had firework/bonfire night but now it seems to celebrate everything with fireworks. Germany certainly does, fire crackers everywhere all night long.

We toll a curfew bell in the middle of the village (surrounded by villagers) for 4 mins (23:58-00:02) then someone lights fireworks in the central square (just below the bell) at midnight and then we all :hugs: After all that we go back into the pub (hotel) eat a buffet and sing 'Auld Lang Syne' and 'The Bonnie Banks o' Loch Lomond' and stagger home...whenever

I need to bring pots and pans next year :tup:
I really like your traditions! Pots and pans, bell, hugs and songs! :tup: :tup:
I also have to start a new tradition!

Last edited:
(Continued from here.)

2017 SCARF THEMES: Just for fun, each Sunday begins a new Theme Week. It’s a chance to learn more about specific designers, examine your scarves more carefully, discover new ways to tie them, and see more scarves than you might otherwise see. Even if it's off-theme, your SOTD (scarf of the day) is always welcome. We’re not the Scarf Police, so smile at your camera and join us!

2017 Project: SCARF ON SITE: Photograph your Tyger Tyger or Zebras at the zoo, Mecanique Du Temps at the clock in Prague, nautical scarves at the beach, Les Becanes with a bike, Turandot at the opera, horse-themed scarves with horses, and so on. You can also match your scarf to colorful scenes around you like autumn leaves, spring flowers, a colorful wall or shop window. Post any time, and we'll finish the year with a collection of our best images!

THE SILKY CALENDAR 2017
JANUARY
1 Jan 2017 HAPPY NEW YEAR: scarves featuring parties, carnivals, celebrations
8 Jan 2017 WINE TONES: scarves in shades from ROSÉ to BURGUNDY to CASSIS
15 Jan 2017 GENDER BENDERS: Scarves from the H Men’s Collection (or “masculine” topics)
22 Jan 2017 MY FAVORITE SCARF ARTIST: show and tell us who and why you love him/her!
29 Jan 2017 (Chinese New Year 28 Jan) YEAR OF THE ROOSTER: scarves with roosters and other birds

FEBRUARY
5 Feb 2017 NOT-SO-BURIED TREASURES: Scarves featuring JEWELLERY and COINS
12 Feb 2017 SENTIMENTAL SCARVES: those you love for personal reasons (tell us why)
19 Feb 2017 HORNS & TUSKS! Scarves with DEER, CATTLE, ELEPHANTS, WALRUSES, & BOARS
26 Feb 2017 ARTIST: ALINE HONORÉ

MARCH
5 Mar 2017 Scarves featuring THEATER ARTS, MUSIC, or DANCE
12 Mar 2017 EAU EAU: Scarves featuring Water, Fish, or Nautical themes
19 Mar 2017 (Vernal Equinox March 20) CELESTIAL BODIES: SUN, MOON, STARS, and PLANETS
26 Mar 2017 CALM AND COLLECTED: Show us your favorite NEUTRAL scarves in action

APRIL
2 Apr 2017 SURPRISE! Scarf details that AMAZE, AMUSE or ESPECIALLY APPEAL TO YOU
9 Apr 2017 CONTRAST HEMS: pretty ways to tie and wear them
16 Apr 2017 ARCHITECTURE: Scarves that feature BUILDINGS, BRIDGES, DRAFTING DETAILS
23 Apr 2017 COLOR ME HAPPY: show us your brightest scarves
30 Apr 2017 ARTIST: ANNIE FAIVRE

MAY
7 May 2017 70 cm VINTAGE SILKS: “resting” away from the boutiques
14 May 2017 [Mother’s Day] BABY ANIMALS (with or without their moms): chicks, kids, foals, cubs, calves, pups, nests of baby birds—awww!
21 May 2017 TURQUOISE: scarves that feature all shades of blue-green, aqua to teal
28 May 2017 TILE AND INLAY PATTERNS: designs made to look like pieces of stone or glass

JUNE
4 June 2017 WHITE SCARVES: a white background or lots-of-white design (cream is okay too)
11 June 2017 DIMITRI RYBALTCHENKO
18 June 2017 SCARF and NECKLACE: show us how you combine them
25 June 2017 CRITTERS and VARMINTS (rabbits, squirrels, snakes, frogs, small wild animals)

JULY
2 July 2017 RED, WHITE, BLUE: scarves with elements of all three colors or worn with one of them
9 July 2017 FARAWAY PLACES: scarves from continents a long way from your own
16 July 2017 FIVE KEEPERS: The five scarves you couldn’t do without or that you wear the most
23 July 2017 LITTLE SILKS: gavroches & twillys
30 July 2017 YELLOW OR PASTEL SCARVES

AUGUST
6 August 2017 MOUSSELINES, all sizes
13 August 2017 ONE DESIGN, DIFFERENT COLORWAYS: show us how you wear each one
20 August 2017 GREEN: all shades, tender spring to deep forest
27 August 2017 CIRCLE UP: scarves featuring circles or a round design

SEPTEMBER
3 September 2017 HATS ON SCARVES: designs featuring all kinds of headgear
10 September 2017 BOTANICALS: plants and flowers, in gardens or not
17 September 2017 NAVY to BABY: sing those BLUES
24 September 2017 HORSES: an enduring theme for Hermes

OCTOBER
1 October 2017 PINK: the traditional theme for breast cancer awareness month
8 October 2017 FAMOUS PEOPLE or EVENTS: history on your scarf!
15 October 2017 ROBERT DALLET and/or BIG CATS by other designers
22 October 2017 FUN WITH SCARF RINGS: show us how you like to use them
29 October 2017 ORANGE or BLACK scarves for Halloween

NOVEMBER
5 November 2017 FANTASTIC CREATURES or PLACES: strange and wonderful
12 November 2017 AUTUMN OR EARTHY COLORS
19 November 2017 KERMIT OLIVER or FEATHER scarves in honor of KO’s big turkey
26 November 2017 WHAT WAS I THINKING? The scarf you just don’t like to wear. (put it on for advice on whether to keep or re-home it)

DECEMBER
3 December 2017 PURPLE: all shades, lavender to eggplant
10 December 2017 SOMETHING SPECIAL: jacquards, plisses, maxi twillys, cashmere 90s
17 December 2017 SNOW AND ICE AND CHRISTMAS, TOO
24 December 2017 H DOES H: HERMÈS designs and items on your scarf
31 December 2017 SCARF ON SITE: a collection of your best travel pix with scarf to match, either with the subject or with surrounding colors
Thank you for these great new themes ABQ2ATL. I wish everybody every happiness for 2017 and look forward to seeing all the marvellous photos. This forum shows the scarves off so much better than the official H site and I love seeing the "true" colours and ways of styling. Thank you everybody for all your inspiration in 2016!

What an interesting scarf bunnycat...it looks so nice on you!

Fantastic serva1!

Love, love this design croisette...someday I'll find one in both color and condition that I like for me!

Oh my. This is beautiful. I think I just added another design to my wish list! It took me a minute to realize you are wearing two scarves here. How clever! And a jacquard. Le sigh... :love:

Why it's lovely tied! Love the gray/silver. Thank you for posting it!

Fantastic double Croisette!

I have a khaki DD too, fabulous scarf and a party's a party, any excuse :ghi5:

Thank you Croisette!

This is wonderful in grey!

Always love the secret surprises of jacquards!

Thank you Pirula!

Thank you Bova!

yay for twins!!! :wave: Thank you!

Doubles! Wonderful, croisette! :heart::heart::heart:

WOW! JUST WOW! [emoji253][emoji253][emoji253]

Dear Croisette, what a beauty!! Just perfect!!

Dear Elaine, you tied this most beautifully!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

What a beautiful brooch you are wearing! As usual, your scarf is gorgeous! I love Fleur de Lotus.

Many thanks to all you lovely ladies Bova, Pirula, papertiger, bunnycat, Elaine, Pudfish, Sammy & Luvbolide!

Feux d'Artifices, one of the first scarves I added to my collection when I first was bitten by the H bug in the mid-1980s. This is from 1987; I purchased it in the San Francisco H boutique while I was in the city on a business trip, and wore the scarf to a meeting the very next day. It definitely perked up my navy suit & white silk blouse... :giggle:
When I tie it just right, the little "fireworks" dude pops up on the front of the knot!:smile:
View attachment 3564994
A ver clever knot, Elaine. I have the black FdA, must try that.

Rendez vous rive gauche. Actually just rendezvous in Northern California at a French bistro for lunch!View attachment 3565011
So beautiful with your rosé cardi, scarf!

I wore this Cheval Marwari dip dye today with what my husband calls my Rupert Bear cardigan. Really, I get zero respect chez moi!View attachment 3565109
Gorgeous Marwari, Pudfish!

Looking beautiful with your fur hat papertiger! It reminds me of Dr.Schiwago.

Status
Not open for further replies.