Scarves Scarf Of The Day - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
9acda43f-e472-4f22-a5af-8589225d8a52_zpsvn5eokid.jpg

You were at Skyfall manor ? :smile:

Feux d'Artifices, one of the first scarves I added to my collection when I first was bitten by the H bug in the mid-1980s. This is from 1987; I purchased it in the San Francisco H boutique while I was in the city on a business trip, and wore the scarf to a meeting the very next day. It definitely perked up my navy suit & white silk blouse... :giggle:
When I tie it just right, the little "fireworks" dude pops up on the front of the knot!:smile:
View attachment 3564994

Love the way you've tied it, it looks as though you and Holsby are selling me on the Fd'A :loveeyes:

Reactions: ElainePG
Le Carnaval de Venise
Dear Croisette, what a beauty!! Just perfect!!

Feux d'Artifices, one of the first scarves I added to my collection when I first was bitten by the H bug in the mid-1980s. This is from 1987; I purchased it in the San Francisco H boutique while I was in the city on a business trip, and wore the scarf to a meeting the very next day. It definitely perked up my navy suit & white silk blouse... :giggle:
When I tie it just right, the little "fireworks" dude pops up on the front of the knot!:smile:
View attachment 3564994
Dear Elaine, you tied this most beautifully!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

View attachment 3564994
Elaine, nice to see Fd'A in this color way. You tied it so well! I like your little story around the scarf!

Reactions: ElainePG
Bova, frou frou, Pudfish, Sammy Royal, bunnycat, papertiger thank you for your comments on my Feux d'Artifice ! :heart:

And thanks for likes! :smile:

On New year's Eve it was a lot of very noisy fireworks close to my house. I like the fireworks on the scarf. I can see them whenever I want and they are silent, too!

View attachment 3565225
You & I are sisters on this... I love the colorway of yours! So very festive!
We didn't have fireworks on New Years Eve, but some of our neighbors came out of their house and banged on pots & pans... :giggle:

Love the way you've tied it, it looks as though you and Holsby are selling me on the Fd'A :loveeyes:
It's a fabulous scarf. And it would look great on you.
Back in the 80s & early 90s, my "first phase" of buying H scarves, this was probably my favorite. Those were the Dress For Success days (ugh) when professional women had to march around in navy suits looking like men, and H scarves were my one way to inject a bit of femininity into my outfits. :amuse:
Now, of course, I wear them with everything... even jeans!

You & I are sisters on this... I love the colorway of yours! So very festive!
We didn't have fireworks on New Years Eve, but some of our neighbors came out of their house and banged on pots & pans... :giggle:

That's a new one for me, is it traditional? I really like the sound of that.

The UK never used to have fireworks because it had firework/bonfire night but now it seems to celebrate everything with fireworks. Germany certainly does, fire crackers everywhere all night long.

We toll a curfew bell in the middle of the village (surrounded by villagers) for 4 mins (23:58-00:02) then someone lights fireworks in the central square (just below the bell) at midnight and then we all :hugs: After all that we go back into the pub (hotel) eat a buffet and sing 'Auld Lang Syne' and 'The Bonnie Banks o' Loch Lomond' and stagger home...whenever

I need to bring pots and pans next year :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.