Scarves Scarf Of The Day - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A celebration...of sorts.... C'est la Fete...(Kaki dip dye)

View attachment 3564572
What an interesting scarf bunnycat...it looks so nice on you!

Continuing with the celebration theme and Gastronomie, my oldest silk, first issued in 1961. There is a lovely lobster, crayfish, oysters and other seafood on this silk. Perfect dinner to celebrate New Year! The only thing missing is a glas of champagne [emoji3]

This is an inherited piece I hope to frame (perfect kitchen silk)as soon as it has been washed by a professional. I need to go to NY and visit Madame Paulette. If there is a good drycleaner in Paris I'm most grateful if someone can pm or give me advice. There is some lipstick on this scarf but otherwise it's fine.

View attachment 3564668
View attachment 3564669
View attachment 3564672

I don't know if this silk is from 1961 or 1965 (Carrés d'art book by GenevièveFontan). On the internet it says this cw is from 1963.
Fantastic serva1!
Le Carnaval de Venise

Love, love this design croisette...someday I'll find one in both color and condition that I like for me!

Reactions: bunnycat and Serva1
Thank you for all the likes and nice comments. My Gastronomie is very gray and I like more colour against my pale skin especially in winter. Today we have -14C/7F so wearing thick cashmere. I will love this scarf when I have it framed, because I will pair it with my silver cabinet.
IMG_1483536002.417154.jpg

There is something in this cw that speaks antique silver.

Last edited:

Oh my. This is beautiful. I think I just added another design to my wish list! It took me a minute to realize you are wearing two scarves here. How clever! And a jacquard. Le sigh... :love:

Thank you for all the likes and nice comments. My Gastronomie is very gray and I like more colour against my pale skin especially in winter. Today we have -14C/7F so wearing thick cashmere. I will love this scarf when I have it framed, because I will pair it with my silver cabinet.
View attachment 3564748

There is something in this cw that speaks antique silver.

Why it's lovely tied! Love the gray/silver. Thank you for posting it!

Reactions: Serva1
Thank you ABQ2ATL for a wonderful scarf year 2016 and a happy new 2017 with many more scarves to come! You have been an amazing scarf mistress. Your poems and scarf illustrations as introduction every week have been something I have been looking forward to on this forum! Even though I haven't been frequently posting, I was always inspired to look for my hidden/forgotten scarves and wear them, as well as wearing my favorites.

Happy New Year to all of you out there around the world! Here is Feux d'Artifice, from the archives. Sorry that I have no up-to-date picture, but this is better than no picture, I think! :smile:

View attachment 3563892

Spectacular, a real celebration scarf

Reactions: Holsby
A couple of scarves I wore over Christmas/New Year so kind of celebratory..

View attachment 3564202View attachment 3564203. The Ex Libris en Camouflage was an eBay sourced Christmas present from my husband but of course I hunted it down and told him that was what he was giving me..[emoji48]

Love XL en Cam, such an easy to wear scarf and so clever in design

Every day I wear an H scarf is a day of celebration for me! Unfortunately, I don't have any scarves that would fall under that theme. But I did have a pleasant surprise yesterday!

A few months ago, I found a listing for a scarf at $80, which is pretty darn cheap for H! It was an older design and not exactly the perfect cw for me (pastels), but at $80 beggars can't be choosers... However, I couldn't find verification that this exact cw was produced by H, so I forgot about it. I thought, "It's probably fake."

Fast forward to a couple of days ago. The scarf was still unsold, so I reached out to the seller. Maybe I'd go take a look at it. The nice lady who responded said yes, it's available and oh, I made a mistake on the listing, so if you want it for $1, you can have it for $1.

Um, HECK YES. I figured even if it were fake, I'd use it as a study in fakery. The knowledge would be well worth a buck.

She was an hour's drive away and so I packed up my kidlet and away we went. DH was safely ensconced at a football game, heh heh.

I was fully prepared for a scarf I wouldn't wear (it's gotta be fake, right?) but when I opened it up, felt the fabric and looked at the tags, I found it to be authentic! It had a second Bergdorf Goodman tag on it, and I've never heard of fakers adding a department store tag before! (Right, guys?)

It's in great condition, too! Plump hems, no fading or scent, no snags or pulls, just a tiny pinprick stain that I'll try to Laundress away. The silk is soft and drapey.

So I drove home delighted with my find, enough so that DH asked why I was grinning so much. I told him about the scarf and he affectionately said, "Oh, you and your scarves!"

So yes, here is my new-to-me scarf: Flora Graeca!
View attachment 3563531

I pulled out a few different tops to try it with. This is just over what I had on:
View attachment 3563534
How about pink?
View attachment 3563535
Not quite right... maybe go darker.
View attachment 3563536
Hmm, that's a little too dark. Wait, I know!
View attachment 3563537
Just right!

It's a beautiful scarf in its own right, and very pretty on you, congratulations

Thank you all Bova, Katekluet, Maedi & bunnycat!
bunnycat,
your ClF dip dye is just gorgeous on you!

Thank you Croisette!

Continuing with the celebration theme and Gastronomie, my oldest silk, first issued in 1961. There is a lovely lobster, crayfish, oysters and other seafood on this silk. Perfect dinner to celebrate New Year! The only thing missing is a glas of champagne [emoji3]

This is an inherited piece I hope to frame (perfect kitchen silk)as soon as it has been washed by a professional. I need to go to NY and visit Madame Paulette. If there is a good drycleaner in Paris I'm most grateful if someone can pm or give me advice. There is some lipstick on this scarf but otherwise it's fine.

View attachment 3564668
View attachment 3564669
View attachment 3564672

I don't know if this silk is from 1961 or 1965 (Carrés d'art book by GenevièveFontan). On the internet it says this cw is from 1963.
This is wonderful in grey!

Le Carnaval de Venise

Always love the secret surprises of jacquards!
Thanks very much on the Echec love dear Bova and Bunnycat!

Bunnycat that Fete dip dye is absolutely beautiful. So mysterious.

The Gastronomie is a beauty. I just spent 10 minutes looking at all the details. Wondering how it is tied. I'd love to see please, if you all have any pictures easily close to hand.

Thank you Pirula!

What an interesting scarf bunnycat...it looks so nice on you!

Fantastic serva1!

Love, love this design croisette...someday I'll find one in both color and condition that I like for me!

Thank you Bova!

Fantastic double Croisette!

I have a khaki DD too, fabulous scarf and a party's a party, any excuse :ghi5:

yay for twins!!! :wave: Thank you!

Zenobie because she was my chosen scarf to take me to the wilderness this holiday season.

aa914d5e-3df9-4018-96b8-81856aa57b07_zpshjff8mbn.jpg

This was me on Monday. You couldn't see the scarf in this pic not only as i'm facing the wrong way but because she's buried under many layers..."which way to the nearest H?"

9acda43f-e472-4f22-a5af-8589225d8a52_zpsvn5eokid.jpg

Just to keep bunnycat company, a celebration of living life to the full and the true nature of Hermes, ClF from the archive in khaki dd

images.jpg

and the sharper green version too

ClF1.jpg

Feux d'Artifices, one of the first scarves I added to my collection when I first was bitten by the H bug in the mid-1980s. This is from 1987; I purchased it in the San Francisco H boutique while I was in the city on a business trip, and wore the scarf to a meeting the very next day. It definitely perked up my navy suit & white silk blouse... :giggle:
When I tie it just right, the little "fireworks" dude pops up on the front of the knot!:smile:
FeuxTied - 1.jpg

Zenobie because she was my chosen scarf to take me to the wilderness this holiday season.

aa914d5e-3df9-4018-96b8-81856aa57b07_zpshjff8mbn.jpg

This was me on Monday. You couldn't see the scarf in this pic not only as i'm facing the wrong way but because she's buried under many layers..."which way to the nearest H?"

9acda43f-e472-4f22-a5af-8589225d8a52_zpsvn5eokid.jpg

Just to keep bunnycat company, a celebration of living life to the full and the true nature of Hermes, ClF from the archive in khaki dd

images.jpg

and the sharper green version too

ClF1.jpg
Great scarves, PT. I love that you took an H shawl with you into the wilderness! :amuse:

Reactions: papertiger

View attachment 3564668
View attachment 3564669
View attachment 3564672

This is fascinating, Serva. I can definitely imagine it framed, in an antique silver frame. Best of luck with the cleaning!

Reactions: Serva1
Status
Not open for further replies.