Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Good morning!
Thank you @Karenska for a great kick-off and Thank you all for your likes and compliments on my Precious Paradise :flowers:

This morning I tried on three scarves sharing names with great classic Music pieces.

Casse-noisette - Tjajkovskij’s ballet The Nutcracker
IMG_8258.jpeg
Quatre Saisons - four seasons of Vivaldi
IMG_8259.jpeg
And Sotd Carnaval des Animaux - by Saint-saëns, the design even featuring a page of music (not seen here, as I managed to highlight the horse skeletons for a meeting today)

IMG_8260.jpeg

Wish you all a melodic monday!

Good morning!
Thank you @Karenska for a great kick-off and Thank you all for your likes and compliments on my Precious Paradise :flowers:

This morning I tried on three scarves sharing names with great classic Music pieces.

View attachment 5988515
View attachment 5988516
And Sotd Carnaval des Animaux - by Saint-saëns, the design even featuring a page of music (not seen here, as I managed to highlight the horse skeletons for a meeting today)

View attachment 5988517

Melodic Monday! I love that. Wonderful choices and you look so lovely in all of them.

These are wonderful new additions and you always wear Bandanas so well.
Thank you, Maedi. I do love my bandanas and the “never worn” status no longer applies to my beautiful, dare I say lyrical Grand Manege bandana in bleu jean and the freshest rose, with burgundy and white accents. Maybe this design can be interpreted as a “quadrille”, a dance that was fashionable in late 18th- and 19th-century Europe and its colonies.

Performed by four couples in a rectangular formation, it is related to American square dancing. (source: Wikipedia)
IMG_1453.jpegIMG_1452.jpeg

On the train to Penn Station and will be away for a few days, but I will weigh in each day!

Thank you, Maedi. I do love my bandanas and the “never worn” status no longer applies to my beautiful, dare I say lyrical Grand Manege bandana in bleu jean and the freshest rose, with burgundy and white accents. Maybe this design can be interpreted as a “quadrille”, a dance that was fashionable in late 18th- and 19th-century Europe and its colonies.

Performed by four couples in a rectangular formation, it is related to American square dancing. (source: Wikipedia)
View attachment 5988603View attachment 5988595

On the train to Penn Station and will be away for a few days, but I will weigh in each day!
Beautiful scarf and love your stunning Sea of Cortez mabe pearl necklace. Safe travels, dear friend.

Less a "melodic" Monday for me than a "manic" one (apologies in advance for the ear worm if you remember The Bangles and 80s pop rock)! @Croisette7 inspired me to pull Fleurs de l'Opera, perfect for this week's theme. I actually had wanted to post it during our floral week but I ran out of necks and time...
Fleurs de l'Opera.jpg
SOTD is L'Epopee d'Hermès, as it is still very much CSGM weather. I searched this very busy shawl for a musical reference but didn't find one, but it's energy does remind me a little of a Keystone Cops soundtrack...I guess it is "just another manic Monday" after all!
Epopee d'Hermès.jpg

Less a "melodic" Monday for me than a "manic" one (apologies in advance for the ear worm if you remember The Bangles and 80s pop rock)! @Croisette7 inspired me to pull Fleurs de l'Opera, perfect for this week's theme. I actually had wanted to post it during our floral week but I ran out of necks and time...
View attachment 5988653
SOTD is L'Epopee d'Hermès, as it is still very much CSGM weather. I searched this very busy shawl for a musical reference but didn't find one, but it's energy does remind me a little of a Keystone Cops soundtrack...I guess it is "just another manic Monday" after all!
View attachment 5988654
Oh that blue Fleurs, this cw is new to me ... wonderful LKB!

Hello!

I am not sure it merits more bingo-squares but this is my sotd for a Walk in the Sun by the harbour today.

View attachment 5988082

On another note : confession time.
I claimed in my last post that I could not chose what scarf to treat myself with when embargo ends in May.

Well. Ban Island became treasure Island instead. By total accident (I swear! - it was to get away from sudden rain) I ended in the H boutique on Friday with DH (who had never been there before…bless him).
I have been partly unhappy, partly relieved that none of the Precious Paradise cws has appealed to me - way too much cream, white, light blue and peach. But lo and behold - a Golden version with some purple, red and green presented itself.
So I did a thing.
I still have not decided what next to aquire, but that choise will now not need to happen before June or July :giggle:

But who Can resist purple pengiuns, otters and a red zebra ?
View attachment 5988080
View attachment 5988081
Wish you all a wonderful Sunday!

Happy Sunday, dear Scarflandia, and I hope this spring day is a good one for all. Many thanks to @bunnycat for hosting a truly delightful theme and to all who posted and showed off your beauties :ty:. Now let’s move on from games to music.

A Pretty Scarf is Like a Melody
View attachment 5988094

The American composer and lyricist Irving Berlin wrote the song from which our theme is derived in 1919. My beloved Dad would sing this pretty tune to me when I was a wee one, a cherished memory, for sure. Here is a snazzy interpretation by the great jazz saxophonist, Coleman Hawkins.

Irving Berlin wrote an estimated 1500 songs during his 60-year career, including the scores for many Broadway shows and Hollywood films. It goes without saying that he is an icon of 20th century popular American music. And inspiring us today to look at our scarves from a musical perspective!

Do you sometimes don a scarf and feel just perfectly lovely and light-hearted, the world sunny and bright? Does a scarf that you own sometimes recall a special song or musical piece? Which scarves make your heart sing?

Musique des Spheres by Zoe Pauwels, one of my first gavs, is not only music-themed but also reminds me of so many classical pieces featuring viols. Internet photo to see the design. It is also reminds me in style of the famous Leonardo drawing, Vitruvian Man.
View attachment 5988104View attachment 5988103
I love the dark burgundy and black of this beauty and I love pairing it with this b&w floral, toile-like sweater.
View attachment 5988106
Show us your music or danced-themed scarves or the scarves that remind you of music. And remember, any scarf of the day is welcome!

What a beautiful intro and a lovely memory as well!
I will put on my Thinking Cap, the one that helps me when playing Musical Chairs!
Thank you for this wonderful introduction @Karenska. I love that Irving Berlin song. I am looking forward to expanding my knowledge of music-themed scarves and designs this week! MY actual SOTD is off topic but I recently wore Fêtes Venitiennes in a new-to-me colorway, so I will post that for our theme, as it has the lute jacquard and sheets of music so prominently featured and we know every carnival needs music!
View attachment 5988122
Wearing Retour a la Nature for a busy Sunday. The weather still cold and overcast, but this beautiful floral makes my heart sing!
View attachment 5988148
Edited to switch photos because this shawl with my new jacket makes me want to sing even more!
ohmigosh - that fetes is lovely!
I think of Fleurs d'Opera

View attachment 5988131

and Orgauphone

View attachment 5988129
Two beautiful choices and that brooch! :faint:
Headed out with the dogs in Jaguar et Colibri. (Ah, @Nomad - leading me down the garden path.) Not a Britney fan, but since this is cw#3 for me, I guess one could say, "oops, I did it again."
View attachment 5988132
Also, for @LKBNOLA here is a progress shot of reviving hems and a pre-press result.

I should note that before undertaking this. It's advisable to test a tiny portion of your scarf by wetting it to make sure the colors don't run. I have found that my silks don't tend to run, but I've only done this with a few older ones that needed help.

Fill a clean sink basin or large bowl with cool water - your hands will be in there. The trickiest part, I think, is making the hem "drink up" the water. I have found with the hem submerged, pressing the hem in at a 90 degree angle toward the face of the scarf to be most effective - sort of squashing it exactly the opposite way it has been flattened. Work it a bit until it is pliable. You may then gently press it a little more in the 90 degree before kind of gently rolling it between your thumbs and forefingers like you are rolling out a rope of dough (or play dough with your grandkids!) toward the scarf face. Check to see that any stitches on the face are covered.

Once it feels rounded let dry flat. As it dries, you can check to see if any areas need further rolling, and while the hem is damp, gently roll those areas again. After it has dried, go back in and repeat in any areas that seem not recovered enough.

Not quite good as new, but much better! At least tolerable now.

As received - Squashed well and truly flattened, including all the corners (face of scarf)
View attachment 5988135

In progress (both edges face side up) - right hem worked and dry flattened hem.

View attachment 5988134

(Revived, pre-pressing)
View attachment 5988136
Gorgeous Jag and you are a master at re-rolling hems! Fantastic job!
I’m siblings with @Awillow and so many more at the moment because spring apparently is on a detour and I’m cold, brrrrr!
Such a lovely shawl!
Thank you for the lovely introduction to Music Week, @Karenska. I particularly enjoyed seeing your La Musique des Spheres pretties. This is a design that I had been looking for since I began collecting Hermès scarves and it finally came my way last year.

But, I'm going to start the week with my red wabi-sabi Turandot. I was delighted last week to read @Sickgrl13 's story of her Turandot rescue scarf. I purchased my damaged red plisse Turandot for the same reason she did. It was an affordable entry for an otherwise expensive grail. After washing and ironing I have a beautiful imperfect scarf that still has lots of life and which I'm not afraid to wear.

Turandot is my scarf of the day.

View attachment 5988149
Your Turandot story is my favorite and in truth - I think it is even prettier this way!
The song “Tea for 2” by Count Bassie and Ella Fitgerald plays in my head whenever I wear this scarf with the same name

View attachment 5988153

I'm discontented with homes that I've rented
So I have invented my own
Darling, this place is a lovely oasis
Where life's weary taste is unknown
Far from the crowded city
Where flowers pretty caress the stream
Cozy to hide in, to live side by side in
Don't let it apart in my dream
Picture me upon your knee
Just tea for two
And two for tea
Just me for you
And you for me alone
Nobody near us to see us or hear us
No friends or relations
On weekend vacations
We won't have it known
That we own a telephone, dear
Day will break and I'll wake
And start to bake a sugar cake
For you to take for all the boys to see
We will raise a family
A boy for you
And a girl for me
Can't you see how happy we would be?
Picture you upon my knee
Just tea for two
And two for tea
Just me for you
And you for me alone
Nobody near us to see us or hear us
No friends or relations
On weekend vacations
We won't have it known
That we own a telephone, dear
Day will break, you'll wake
And start to bake a sugar cake
For you to take for all the boys to see
We will raise a family
A boy for you
And a girl for me
Perfect song!
On Friday I was just back from a trip to NYC and trying to catch up with work but I made some time for daffodils and Jan B!View attachment 5988179
Lovely all the way around!
Thank you everyone for the kind words this week and @bunnycat for such a fun bingo week!

When Clair de Lune first came out when I'd try search for it on Google I'd get Debussy's piece with the same name.

Another song that comes to mind is Fly Me to the Moon, one of my favourite versions is the one by Astrud Gilberto.

Scarf of today is Clair de Lune.

View attachment 5988324

Twins on this one. I love it how it looks on you. Oh, this website is so much fun😻😻😻

Croisette7, I love it with that brooch! You’re giving us great ideas😎😇
My Fleurs de Opera is in black / red and the Orgauphone in red/ blue. When I see your pics I’m glad I didn’t sell mine. 🙌

Twins on this shawl. I have fond memories of getting this in H boutique in Paris in 2023 and enjoying the trip w my mom. I’ll post this but don’t know how to put stars over the eyes in the pic so I’ll make a mess on the pic!

And thanks for the inspiration to pull out FV scarfs out of the box.

It’s hot today but I had to wear a scarf on the walk, of course 😂😂. I’m sure this is the only community that gets it! 🤣😍

And this is my scarf of the day, Au bord de l’eau. But it won’t be the only one!
Love! :loveeyes:
Wearing the sunny orange bandana was a great idea. All scarves are beauties.
Thank you sweetheart!
Good morning!

View attachment 5988515
View attachment 5988516

View attachment 5988517

Perfect with the greens - so fresh and springy... skeleton horses are perky too!
I've lost your quote about PP - but it is lovely!
I will probably not be able to contribute much this week due to life craziness but for now here is Homage a Gene Kelly which of course is dance themed.

View attachment 5988584
Ahhhh Gene Kelly - How about 'Fit as a Fiddle and Ready for Love' from Singing in the Rain?

View attachment 5988603View attachment 5988595

So pretty, and safe travels!
Today’s music scarf is Swinging Silk, featuring two swing dancers. The scarf was created for a 2012? H VIP event. I love the 40s/50s aesthetic and big band music. In my younger days I would do my hair into pompadours and victory rolls regularly. Now I have no patience for all the hairspray and teasing required!
View attachment 5988636View attachment 5988637
ohmigosh - this ties beautifully!
View attachment 5988653
View attachment 5988654
Okay - that Fleurs is STUNNING on this top - wowowwwww!!!!
I'm echoing my scarf sister @HermesEchidna today with Le Carnaval des Animaux. I did manage to get the music to show as well as a few skeletons.

View attachment 5988673

I'm sharing some fauna from yesterday's walk. I've seen this pair of trumpeter swans on my walks before. Fingers crossed that they have taken up residence on our local lake.

View attachment 5988674
Beautiful scarf and what an amazing photo!
OT this afternoon with Apropos de Bottes, by Poiret

View attachment 5988682

View attachment 5988683
Never off topic sweet Croisette - this is lovely!

What a beautiful intro and a lovely memory as well!
I will put on my Thinking Cap, the one that helps me when playing Musical Chairs!

ohmigosh - that fetes is lovely!

Two beautiful choices and that brooch! :faint:

Gorgeous Jag and you are a master at re-rolling hems! Fantastic job!

Such a lovely shawl!

Your Turandot story is my favorite and in truth - I think it is even prettier this way!

Perfect song!

Lovely all the way around!

Love! :loveeyes:

Thank you sweetheart!

Perfect with the greens - so fresh and springy... skeleton horses are perky too!
I've lost your quote about PP - but it is lovely!

Ahhhh Gene Kelly - How about 'Fit as a Fiddle and Ready for Love' from Singing in the Rain?

So pretty, and safe travels!

ohmigosh - this ties beautifully!

Okay - that Fleurs is STUNNING on this top - wowowwwww!!!!

Beautiful scarf and what an amazing photo!

Never off topic sweet Croisette - this is lovely!
Thank you so much, Beautiful!

Reactions: Cookiefiend