Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Hello Scarfies! I found my way back to TPF this week and so enjoyed watching everyone's Bingo cards fill in with beautiful photos and scarf stories so thank you! Bunny was, as always, a wonderful host and my only regret is that I was unable to participate due to, oh you know, LIFE!. I did do a quick mock-up on the Bingo card for myself and realized that if this were an Ironman competition, I would have probably finished up OK with 3 Bingos, but if you were to throw in two other sports like scarf-tying and special-collecting, I might not have finished the race at all. What I really like about TPF though is that it is NOT a competition, just full of fun, encouragement, information, camaraderie and so many lovely people.

Back to Bingo: I was surprised when I realized I couldn't claim the "Bought a Scarf Last Month" square because when I looked, it turns out I went TWO months without buying one at all - this is heartening data for my wallet with no AI involved. :smile: Another note is that up until this week the Brides de Gala Bingo square would not have been a square for me - no pun intended. :graucho: But it so happens I ordered a BdG twilly Appliqué Pique and a BdG Tartan 45 which are both still on their way to me. As far as other Bingo squares, I am in the lot with you who have scarves yet unworn including the Kyoto Marble Fouets et Badines 90, so there's that. I also have recently been a repeat "Large Format Offender" due to a rule I legislated for myself late last fall: "No more silk or 90's for a while - only CSGMs and GTs allowed in" - including @bunny's Arcs-en Ciel cw in the Noir/ Rose/Jaune she modeled, and which I LOVE, and am wearing frequently. Come to think of it, @bunnycat MADE ME DO IT :lol:. All went well for a bit, but then, of course, I BROKE MY RULE and ended up with two Precious Paradise 90s and a Jungle Love Forever.:panic:My two-scarf days usually happen in the summer with a small format as a hatband then paired with a CSGM as the evening cools. I am schooled now on Hermes Box Altars, and so much more. Stay tuned: Exciting single strand of white chest hair from our our PWD on the way- just eeking out a finish...and a day late, at that. :blush: Continuing on to the world of MUSIC with @Karenska!
So much to unpack in this wonderful catch-up post @CedarWaxWing -- I think I broke your same rules and imposed some similar ones on myself! Can't wait to see you back woth your beautiful mod shots!
Thank you so kindly. It’s always an affirmation and highlight for me when we’re twinning.
And for me as well @Maedi :hugs:
Good morning!
Thank you @Karenska for a great kick-off and Thank you all for your likes and compliments on my Precious Paradise :flowers:

This morning I tried on three scarves sharing names with great classic Music pieces.

Casse-noisette - Tjajkovskij’s ballet The Nutcracker
View attachment 5988515
Quatre Saisons - four seasons of Vivaldi
View attachment 5988516
And Sotd Carnaval des Animaux - by Saint-saëns, the design even featuring a page of music (not seen here, as I managed to highlight the horse skeletons for a meeting today)

View attachment 5988517

Wish you all a melodic monday!
Always so clever with your connection @HermesEchidna-- that green Carnaval des Animaux is marvelous on you!
I will probably not be able to contribute much this week due to life craziness but for now here is Homage a Gene Kelly which of course is dance themed.

View attachment 5988584
Love this cw of Gene Kelly @Jereni!
Thank you, Maedi. I do love my bandanas and the “never worn” status no longer applies to my beautiful, dare I say lyrical Grand Manege bandana in bleu jean and the freshest rose, with burgundy and white accents. Maybe this design can be interpreted as a “quadrille”, a dance that was fashionable in late 18th- and 19th-century Europe and its colonies.

Performed by four couples in a rectangular formation, it is related to American square dancing. (source: Wikipedia)
View attachment 5988603View attachment 5988595

On the train to Penn Station and will be away for a few days, but I will weigh in each day!
Safe travels and how lovely your new bandana looks with your top and beautiful pendant @Karenska.
Today’s music scarf is Swinging Silk, featuring two swing dancers. The scarf was created for a 2012? H VIP event. I love the 40s/50s aesthetic and big band music. In my younger days I would do my hair into pompadours and victory rolls regularly. Now I have no patience for all the hairspray and teasing required!
View attachment 5988636View attachment 5988637
There used to be swing dancing in the Lincoln Center Plaza that was so much fun to watch and even participate in @Sickgrl13 -- how fun that you used to dress the part. In New Orleans we like to see the swing bands, singers and performances that are a regular feature at the WWII Museum. I may need to get this scarf!
I'm echoing my scarf sister @HermesEchidna today with Le Carnaval des Animaux. I did manage to get the music to show as well as a few skeletons.

View attachment 5988673

I'm sharing some fauna from yesterday's walk. I've seen this pair of trumpeter swans on my walks before. Fingers crossed that they have taken up residence on our local lake.

View attachment 5988674
Wow! Beautiful photos both-- I have this scarf on account of your mod shots @Redbirdhermes but right now, my niece is traveling in Paris and asked to borrow it so the animals will come home speaking French...
Oh that blue Fleurs, this cw is new to me ... wonderful LKB!
OT this afternoon with Apropos de Bottes, by Poiret

View attachment 5988682

View attachment 5988683
I love the colors of your Bottes @Croisette7-- here is the flat photo of Fleurs from Carre de Paris' website. As you see, no border! But the colors are very delightful and easy to pair. I have worn it to see several of the operas whose flowers are featured!
Fleurs de  L'Opera Hermès Scarf by Julia Abadie 90 cm Silk.jpeg
ohmigosh - that fetes is lovely!
Okay - that Fleurs is STUNNING on this top - wowowwwww!!!!
Grand Theater Nouveau - a grand theater… well… how about The Opera Bastille in Paris,

View attachment 5988691

where I saw L’Heure Espagnole and most especially Gianni Schicchi and heard O Mia Babbino Caro.
(English translation)
View attachment 5988692
View attachment 5988693
Thank you so much @Cookiefiend! That has been a most scarf-useful cardigan-- probably should have bought a back-up :giggle:
Twins on this beautiful GTN, and a great one to pull for this week. You are making me feel sniffle-y too as O Mio Babbino Caro was the first piece my daughter recorded for her music camp audition so many years ago...

So much to unpack in this wonderful catch-up post @CedarWaxWing -- I think I broke your same rules and imposed some similar ones on myself! Can't wait to see you back woth your beautiful mod shots!

Always so clever with your connection @HermesEchidna-- that green Carnaval des Animaux is marvelous on you!

Safe travels and how lovely your new bandana looks with your top and beautiful pendant @Karenska.

There used to be swing dancing in the Lincoln Center Plaza that was so much fun to watch and even participate in @Sickgrl13 -- how fun that you used to dress the part. In New Orleans we like to see the swing bands, singers and performances that are a regular feature at the WWII Museum. I may need to get this scarf!

Wow! Beautiful photos both-- I have this scarf on account of your mod shots @Redbirdhermes but right now, my niece is traveling in Paris and asked to borrow it so the animals will come home speaking French...

I love the colors of your Bottes @Croisette7-- here is the flat photo of Fleurs from Carre de Paris' website. As you see, no border! But the colors are very delightful and easy to pair. I have worn it to see several of the operas whose flowers are featured!
View attachment 5988721

Thank you so much @Cookiefiend! That has been a most scarf-useful cardigan-- probably should have bought a back-up :giggle:
Twins on this beautiful GTN, and a great one to pull for this week. You are making me feel sniffle-y too as O Mio Babbino Caro was the first piece my daughter recorded for her music camp audition so many years ago...
Thank you kindly! The blue Fleurs is magnificent, really!

View attachment 5988721

The danger of TPF: more designs added to the list. It never ends!

SOTD: Parade en Fanfare 90 paired with Trio Scarf Ring and matched with BOW

Today I’m wearing 2 different Precious Paradise cw’s and I even changed the tops to match. (First 4 pics are of the same cw.) Fun 😍😇
I think of all the 90 silks I got this season, this one makes me so happy. And it can go w so many colors.
Beautiful color ways and you make me long for a second PP which is not ideal.

Hello Scarfies! I found my way back to TPF this week and so enjoyed watching everyone's Bingo cards fill in with beautiful photos and scarf stories so thank you! Bunny was, as always, a wonderful host and my only regret is that I was unable to participate due to, oh you know, LIFE!. I did do a quick mock-up on the Bingo card for myself and realized that if this were an Ironman competition, I would have probably finished up OK with 3 Bingos, but if you were to throw in two other sports like scarf-tying and special-collecting, I might not have finished the race at all. What I really like about TPF though is that it is NOT a competition, just full of fun, encouragement, information, camaraderie and so many lovely people.

Back to Bingo: I was surprised when I realized I couldn't claim the "Bought a Scarf Last Month" square because when I looked, it turns out I went TWO months without buying one at all - this is heartening data for my wallet with no AI involved. :smile: Another note is that up until this week the Brides de Gala Bingo square would not have been a square for me - no pun intended. :graucho: But it so happens I ordered a BdG twilly Appliqué Pique and a BdG Tartan 45 which are both still on their way to me. As far as other Bingo squares, I am in the lot with you who have scarves yet unworn including the Kyoto Marble Fouets et Badines 90, so there's that. I also have recently been a repeat "Large Format Offender" due to a rule I legislated for myself late last fall: "No more silk or 90's for a while - only CSGMs and GTs allowed in" - including @bunny's Arcs-en Ciel cw in the Noir/ Rose/Jaune she modeled, and which I LOVE, and am wearing frequently. Come to think of it, @bunnycat MADE ME DO IT :lol:. All went well for a bit, but then, of course, I BROKE MY RULE and ended up with two Precious Paradise 90s and a Jungle Love Forever.:panic:My two-scarf days usually happen in the summer with a small format as a hatband then paired with a CSGM as the evening cools. I am schooled now on Hermes Box Altars, and so much more. Stay tuned: Exciting single strand of white chest hair from our our PWD on the way- just eeking out a finish...and a day late, at that. :blush: Continuing on to the world of MUSIC with @Karenska!

Thrilled to be your twin (and enabler!) CWW! That Arcs en Ciel was a surprise hit for me too.

Grand Theater Nouveau - a grand theater… well… how about The Opera Bastille in Paris,

View attachment 5988691

where I saw L’Heure Espagnole and most especially Gianni Schicchi and heard O Mia Babbino Caro.
(English translation)
View attachment 5988692
View attachment 5988693
Fabulous on site! Love your CW of GTN too!

I’m sure those water ballet dancers don’t only move to the sound of their splashes: SOTD was Ballet Aquatique.

View attachment 5988722
A beautiful paring Agrume!

View attachment 5988721

Oh- I love this borderless Fleurs!!! Perfect colors for you.

I think I managed to catch up with everyone. Lost some quotes and had to backtrack.

Firstly, I'd like to say THANK YOU to everyone for playing along with Scarf Bingo 2024. :dothewave: It has been a blast with many fun stories and Bingos.

Now, my Saturday update.

View attachment 5987912

First off. I can say I DID NOT by a scarf last month. That is something that hasn't happened in a while. The last scarf I bought was Cocoricooooo! in January. :yes: really! I should get a gold star for going cold chicken after that purchase. :lol:

So I'll end with double Bingo in the first column and last row.

I earned a Badge of Rehoming Regret on a scarf this past year. I have certainly had rehoming Regrets on purses, usually though when I make a break with a scarf, and send it t a new home, I have a clean conscience.

Flamboyant Web on the other hand, has proved my undoing. I first had a pocket square, but wanted a bigger format. So I bought the 100cm CS. But, I wasn't sure about the color combination. And thought I'd like the larger losange style. So I rehomed the 100cm, and bought the burgundy losange. Now I just wish I had the 100cm back as that is my favorite size....argh...

The 100cm CS I re-homed last year. 😢

View attachment 5987916

Today's losange. (Sorry I look tired. I've been up since 6am....:crybaby: )

View attachment 5987914

And then Analysis Paralysis. The is kind of a roundabout situation. I KNEW which Sweet Dreams I really wanted. But the severe lack of availability of the multicolor colorway made that next to impossible to acquire. So I pondered between what was available online the time to try and find a second best choice which for me were the red and blue colorway or the orange and turquoise one. Now I was not as "seasoned" in seasonal scarf collecting when it came out, and I had not yet developed the necessary "commitment" required for the trigger finger on H dot com. :lol: So I missed out on every other colorway available online, never to be seen again because I just couldn't decide. Then I missed again when I went to the boutique in early 2020 (maybe???) and the red and blue one was there and I even tried it on. But I put it back down....why??? Why???? Then when the giant triangle came out I thought I could rectify everything! I had learned my lesson and my trigger finger was ready and waiting! :roflmfao: But I never got my chance as they never even made it online here. That analysis paralysis led to one of the longest searches and waits I've had! But I am glad I did finally get my original choice, even if it was 5 or 6 ??? years late.

Sweet Dreams from yesterday.

View attachment 5987913

Thank you again everyone for joining me in a fantastic Bingo Week!
That’s a wonderful ending to a long search story. Thank you for hosting this engaging, interesting and fun week.

Yesterday we got one last gasp of cool weather and I wore my Rooster Scarf again, Cocoricooooo!. If you recall the colorway choice drama in the seasonal thread this is a scarf I bought to remind me of "the old days" of Argentine Tango dancing and in particular my favorite subset of it - Milonga. Of course, there is a milonga called Cacareando which is about hens and roosters (not the birds...) and feature roosters crowing through the song. :lol:

cocoricooooomilonga.jpg

This isn't my favorite video of the song. He is either just a better dancer or she is having a bad day and refuses to collect her feet several times ??? so it's not a "match" (sorry- 15 years of tango does that to me....) but the lyrics are in the description.

Last edited:
Thank you for this wonderful introduction @Karenska. I love that Irving Berlin song. I am looking forward to expanding my knowledge of music-themed scarves and designs this week! MY actual SOTD is off topic but I recently wore Fêtes Venitiennes in a new-to-me colorway, so I will post that for our theme, as it has the lute jacquard and sheets of music so prominently featured and we know every carnival needs music!
View attachment 5988122
Wearing Retour a la Nature for a busy Sunday. The weather still cold and overcast, but this beautiful floral makes my heart sing!
View attachment 5988148
Edited to switch photos because this shawl with my new jacket makes me want to sing even more!
So pretty with your delectable puffer jacket.
I think of Fleurs d'Opera

View attachment 5988131

and Orgauphone

View attachment 5988129
The green Fd’o is fabulous and such a precious Orgaphone jaquard.
Headed out with the dogs in Jaguar et Colibri. (Ah, @Nomad - leading me down the garden path.) Not a Britney fan, but since this is cw#3 for me, I guess one could say, "oops, I did it again."
View attachment 5988132
Also, for @LKBNOLA here is a progress shot of reviving hems and a pre-press result.

I should note that before undertaking this. It's advisable to test a tiny portion of your scarf by wetting it to make sure the colors don't run. I have found that my silks don't tend to run, but I've only done this with a few older ones that needed help.

Fill a clean sink basin or large bowl with cool water - your hands will be in there. The trickiest part, I think, is making the hem "drink up" the water. I have found with the hem submerged, pressing the hem in at a 90 degree angle toward the face of the scarf to be most effective - sort of squashing it exactly the opposite way it has been flattened. Work it a bit until it is pliable. You may then gently press it a little more in the 90 degree before kind of gently rolling it between your thumbs and forefingers like you are rolling out a rope of dough (or play dough with your grandkids!) toward the scarf face. Check to see that any stitches on the face are covered.

Once it feels rounded let dry flat. As it dries, you can check to see if any areas need further rolling, and while the hem is damp, gently roll those areas again. After it has dried, go back in and repeat in any areas that seem not recovered enough.

Not quite good as new, but much better! At least tolerable now.

As received - Squashed well and truly flattened, including all the corners (face of scarf)
View attachment 5988135

In progress (both edges face side up) - right hem worked and dry flattened hem.

View attachment 5988134

(Revived, pre-pressing)
View attachment 5988136
This is an excellent tutorial. I always thought flat hems were a lost cause. Jaguar is a design to hoard 😂 and beautiful on you.
I’m siblings with @Awillow and so many more at the moment because spring apparently is on a detour and I’m cold, brrrrr!
You picked a great color .