Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the airport with Ex Libris Globetrotter, one of those odd size scarves in thin silk.
Those of you who are dying to score an exceptionelle, the H at Taipei airport terminal 2 has a gorgeous glittering Jeu de Soie CSGM as well as the beaded Jaguar Quetzal 140. The SA was very friendly and showed me the JdS which has both beading and applique work. I sighed a lot, marvelled a lot but resisted (DH cleverly only gave me 15 mins at the dutyfree - he must be clairvoyant :P ).
View attachment 4317955

I saw that JQ a week ago! Tried it on, but too fussy for me. Good job resisting!

Reactions: xincinsin
Nigel Peake:
On a summers day 90 silk
d241a181de1f8a0209db554fd243af5a.jpg
04c5defbda34db75da9bc51908a624f1.jpg

And my beloved Patchwork Horse CSGM:
399902e3294b24a0732884a6de58be82.jpg
5118b0536d42261564baf0f847394755.jpg
Beautiful how the earrings mirror the round shape in Patchwork Horse. Also, great colors on you.

Reactions: momasaurus
I have been meaning to reply to your comment. That artist actually make lovely ginkgo earrings -- I ordered mine custom, but ended up gifting to my sister-in-law, so can't show a photo. I thought it might be of interest!

Thank you for your reply. I looked and like several of her designs but they all appear sold out. Gingko brings good luck and represents long life I think. It is also Goethe's tree in Weimar.

Thank you for your reply. I looked and like several of her designs but they all appear sold out. Gingko brings good luck and represents long life I think. It is also Goethe's tree in Weimar.

Yes! I always think of Goethe when I think of Ginkgo as well. Goethe was so fond of the tree, it features in multiple pieces of his work, including the eponymous poem. Gosh, I remember having to analyze it in German in my German literature class... I thought I had enough of anything Ginkgo-related for the rest of my life!

She takes commission, although I assume by now the wait time is a month or two. All my pieces were ordered custom. Her prices seem so reasonable, it is worth the wait. (And pricing is the same for custom v. off the website).

Do you happen to have the Princes Du Soleil Levant scarf that features the ginkgo jacquard pattern? I would like one, but have never found a colorway that interests me.

Thank you so much! And I’ve always regretted not getting a colorful CW of Tyger Tyger... At the time I had recently started to “seriously” purchase Hermès scarves and to build a collection and felt it was time for a black and white scarf so TT was it!

Overdressed? You should see how I go to the supermarket.

Thank you so much! This is my fav CW but won’t let a more neutral one pass by if it comes my way...
Uhm, I'm guessing ( hoping ) period dress here at times? [emoji6]

Last edited:
Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
A wonderful balance of white and colours on your plisse, @FugitiveRouge! Please, do wear it more often. It's beautiful on you!

Since you asked us, I manage "the tension" by being very careful when I have a favourite scarf or shawl on (even new ones)! :angel: Refined movements only... Again, I'm serious, but I'm certain this will come across as funny advice. :lol:

I am sitting very still right now, with my PdS CSGM on my lap as I travel. I love looking down at it. :amuse:View attachment 4317008
I chuckle only because think I'm incapable of any refined movements! For an otherwise respectable-looking middle-aged professional, I'm shockingly clumsy. I run around at a million miles per hour, thinking about stuff and just lose any sense of situational awareness. Someone once pointed out that I basically run through life like a tiger beetle! It's not wrong.

And my beloved Patchwork Horse CSGM:
That patchwork horse is just delightful!

Samourais has been a real winner for me in both the 90 and 140 versions.
That gold and gray samourai is stunning!

And soon to be twins with you on the GP du F- should MrBcat be so kind as to remember he has one stashed away... :P
This seems like a recurring story for Mr. Bunnycat! I love it.

This is such a great discussion. I know the feeling of not wanting to wear a precious scarf, I even got backups for some (2 vert amande phoenix, both full price, the other very preloved with faults that I got for very cheap). But on the other side: If it is not soaring hot outside I wear a H scarf whenever I leave the house. I might be overdressen when shopping for groceries, but I do not care. Sometimes nobody will see them underneath a warm jacket, but I love how it feel around my neck. For my funeral wrap me in that faded Mare aux Canards that I wear all the time for cycling but sell it's good (almost unworn) twin for charity!
But when it comes to food: sling them to the back, hide under blouse, take off entirely. Sweat can be washed easily, red pesto not so much.
On the other side: wearing an H scarf daily kind of makes it harder to dress up: I do not look this much more polished when going out, dramatic drapes of 140cm-scarves are what I try to do.
I can relate the worries about the Mont Saint Michel plissee: It is very old, thus I would worry more about color runs. The plissee might get ruined (from washing as well as from knotting, my cosmos has lost some of it's folds), it is such a precious one and near impossible to get a backup. I might save this one for special occasions like going to the opera.
A lot of food for thought here. I am tipping towards wearing the Mt.St.M more - just not in any rainy weather and nowhere near food or drink!

Lovely, lovely, lovely, Croisette! And delighted to be your twin with the lavender blue CSGM SD.Twins with this AnnaE. You've tied it beautifully.
Thank you Pautinka, I didn't remember, so nice we're twins!

The pink FoSA! Wonderful!

Wow your eye colour is unreal! A perfect match to the scarf!:flowers:
Thank you Julide!

That bal des oiseaux is so adorable!
Thank you moma!

Those are both so gorgeous!
Many thanks imagineme!
Those are stunning color ways for JQ. Was your Bal twin but let it go recently.
Why, Maedi? The birds are so cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.