Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So long ago, that time in Paris... Amoureux de Paris
MAIN_zps5dupx5jz.jpg

Now, I am married to the "Old Salt": Tuiga
1440_MAIN_zpsh8kg4fao.jpg
I am loving this "original" Amoureux de Paris you just posted as opposed to the one that's just reissued for the current SS19. Just beautiful!

Ha! I admit I thought, “ooh, this’ll go with my hair” when I saw it online. In the meantime, I had to redo the blue because some parts had faded to a patchy green within 10 days of having it done. (It’s supposed to last for 45 shampoos before fading) So now the balance is slightly upset - more blue than purple, when I wanted it the other way around. Oh, well, it just means I need to buy more blue scarves! Heh heh heh
I had my hair done in blue, purple and turquoise a long time ago (25 years?). My boss then was in charge of the wardrobe department and we were filming a kungfu fantasy series with actors and actresses in multi-coloured wigs. He blinked at me and said, "Nice hair." The memory still makes me grin.

Time for reds and pinks...
Arabesques
View attachment 4336954

Fleurs de Lotus
View attachment 4336957

Au ciel de la mer (or is it de la mer Au ciel? I always get confused)
View attachment 4336958

Lots o’ pink in Under the waves
View attachment 4336960

A sweet red hem in Faune Lettree
View attachment 4336962

Les Confessions
View attachment 4336963

Hot pink splash in Cheval Surprise
View attachment 4336965

Pinks and reds in Galop Chromatique
View attachment 4336971

H2O (I was never able to recreate this knot in quite the same way!)
View attachment 4336972

Guepards moussie (This is also a changeant but it’s very subtle.)
View attachment 4336976
Your DS stole the show :biggrin:
Such lovely smiles in all the pics! I must tell you that I missed your happy smiles on SOTD :hugs:

Ooh, those are lovely, orchard!

Here’s one I’ve never worn. :blush: The Year of the Tiger silk gavroche.

View attachment 4337408
:loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes: Tiger baby here. This has been in my wishlist for years! Some day....

So long ago, that time in Paris... Amoureux de Paris
MAIN_zps5dupx5jz.jpg

Now, I am married to the "Old Salt": Tuiga
1440_MAIN_zpsh8kg4fao.jpg
Love them both. I tried on the new Amoureux last week but didn't love it enough to bring it home. I might change my mind...
PicsArt_02-11-07.58.21.jpg

Today’s sotd is an automatic grail, meaning I HAD to have it the instant I saw it. I just KNEW that it was destined to be mine - you know that feeling??? It was love, nay, LUST at first sight - a changeant with a strong shift and in a design that satisfies my music-loving heart. I had some drama waiting to receive it (noted in the grail thread) but it did safely arrive into my hot little hands today, whew! Here’s Quintessence in a moussie!
View attachment 4336354
View attachment 4336355
View attachment 4336360
View attachment 4336356View attachment 4336358
Wow, this is incredible on you! A perfect shade of color... no, colors! Because it's a changeant! Just LOOK at the way it keeps changing!

And I'm so glad to hear that it arrived safely. I know you were pacing.

10 Feb 2019 -LOVE IS IN THE AIR- Red and/or Romantic scarves!

Red is a very special color.

Red cars are more likely to get pulled over. Waitresses wearing red are more likely to get bigger tips. Sports team wearing red uniforms are more likely to win. It is associated with energy, aggression, blood, but also with passion, love and romance (together with pink, which many scientists to be a shade of red) -- and the latter is why it is this week's theme, as Valentine's Day is coming up. It also happens to be a favorite color of yours truly.

Fortunately for us red lovers, Hermes has made many red scarves over the years. There is even a shade of red associated with Hermes -- Rouge H, although silk colors are nowhere as standardized as leather colors.

This week, I invite you all to share your scarves featuring shades of red and pink. Whether it is claret, magenta, burgundy, fuchsia, cerise, carmine, vermillion, ruby, garnet, cardinal, maroon, coral, crimson, cadmium, cherry, berry, carnelian, blush, cochineal, venetian red, oxblood or any other shade -- all are welcome.

This is also a great week to share your romantic scarves that make you think of Valentine's Day. I don't have that many romantic scarves myself, so I would love to see what others will share.

I wish you all a great week, and am looking forward to seeing everyone's treasures.

Below I am sharing a small selection of my red / pink scarves -- these are just the ones waiting to be handwashed the other day (as a side note, many of us know that it is the color that is most likely to bleed in vintage scarves, but thankfully, Hermes has improved their dyes' colorfastness in recent decades). The Amours mosseline in it is serving double duty of being red and romantic! I am on a business trip this week, but brought plenty of red scarves to continue sharing throughout the week.
OMgoodness, @AnnaE , what an awesome selection of red scarves! And I'm I reading this right? These are just the ones that are waiting to be washed???? :amazed: :faint:

Thank you for the great intro. Looking forward to seeing everyone's RED scarves this week!

Arabesques
View attachment 4336954

Fleurs de Lotus
View attachment 4336957

View attachment 4336958

View attachment 4336960

View attachment 4336962

Les Confessions
View attachment 4336963

View attachment 4336965

View attachment 4336971

View attachment 4336972

View attachment 4336976
These reds and pinks were absolutely made for you, @Joannadyne ! :love:

Arabesques
View attachment 4336954

Fleurs de Lotus
View attachment 4336957

View attachment 4336958

View attachment 4336960

View attachment 4336962

Les Confessions
View attachment 4336963

View attachment 4336965

View attachment 4336971

View attachment 4336972

View attachment 4336976

We love the same colors - and now that I wear “your” lipstick, they look even better!! Your son is so darned cute! I loved seeing him make his way around France!!

Status
Not open for further replies.