Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wearing my orange Turandot today. I styled it with navy, in an attempt to make it a bit less orange, foofed it over to one side so that the center blue bit shows more, and applied redder lipstick. I think it's a win.

@bunnycat ... check out the earrings... I think they're a perfect match! :wave:

View attachment 4335777

This looks good and I think the dark background really helps address your ‘too orange’ concerns. You could even try folding it narrower, twisting it and wearing it like a necklace.

Oh thank you so much! And, please believe me... Today was not a good hair or anything day and this was the fifth picture I took before giving up...

Clearly, ‘disheveled’ is in the eye of the beholder :smile:

Do you have the same shirt or it’s relatives in multiple colors? I have been meaning to ask. I really like this approach to dressing.

For @yodaling1, some pics of Ecume.
View attachment 4335273
View attachment 4335274
And my last scarves for this week: Tour du Monde en 80 Jours has depictions of a Japanese street (with kimono-clad lady in rickshaw) and a Chinese junk at a harbour since Phileas Fogg and Passepartout's route took them through Yokohama and Hongkong.
View attachment 4335275
And a very dear "in my top ten" favourite scarf. The Pekingese originated from China. Professor Google says they are one of the oldest breeds and one of the least genetically diverged from the wolf. :whut: Hmmm, can't say I can see the family resemblance, but they sure are cute.
View attachment 4335288

I know this is not is not scientifically correct, but I like to think of some sort of proto-wolf that looks like a Pekingese!

Reactions: Cookiefiend
Thank you, XCS! Since this always seems to come up, It would be lovely if you'd post a pic with the "2007 -- Opera Carolina" edge showing. Some of our confusion comes from an HSCI mislabel of my Plum/periwinkle/pink/green Turandot as one of the Opera Carolina versions. Mine definitely doesn't have the 2007 identification on the edge.

I am wrong, wrong, WRONG about the Opera Carolina colorways!!
HSCI didn't mislabel my aubergine (plum) colorway, as proven by this shot from BirkinMary's 63 gramos http://63gramos.blogspot.com/2011/10/natsuno-hidaka-i-turandot.html
Turandot detail3 Plum Opera Carolina 63 gms.jpg
My version (older) doesn't have the "Opera Carolina 2007" label on the edge.
I suspect my confusion stems from the variation in shades when the paler CWs are photographed and put online.
Turandot-Opera-Carolina-2007-Natsuno-Hidaka.jpg
Here's the one from Jan Goode's website (above) and the detail of the same scarf (showed earlier today):
Turandot-Opera-Carolina-2007-Natsuno-Hidaka-6.jpg
The border looks more pink than salmon in the second pic. Marron is also a difficult shade to photograph.
If anyone has another CW with an "Opera Carolina" label, pleast post it!
I apologize if I led anyone (besides myself) astray about this!

Last edited:
I am wrong, wrong, WRONG about the Opera Carolina colorways!!
HSCI didn't mislabel my aubergine (plum) colorway, as proven by this shot from BirkinMary's 63 gramos http://63gramos.blogspot.com/2011/10/natsuno-hidaka-i-turandot.html
View attachment 4335820
My version (older) doesn't have the "Opera Carolina 2007" label on the edge.
I suspect my confusion stems from the variation in shades when the paler CWs are photographed and put online.
View attachment 4335825
Here's the one from Jan Goode's website (above) and the detail of the same scarf (showed earlier today):
View attachment 4335826
The border looks more pink than salmon in the second pic. Marron is also a difficult shade to photograph.
If anyone has another CW with an "Opera Carolina" label, pleast post it!
I apologize if I led anyone (besides myself) astray about this!
The two colors for Carolina opera; I think there are pictures in the special edition scarf thread.:flowers:

Here it is!!:flowers:https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/special-edition-scarves.551572/page-2#post-13984434

Wearing my orange Turandot today. I styled it with navy, in an attempt to make it a bit less orange, foofed it over to one side so that the center blue bit shows more, and applied redder lipstick. I think it's a win.

View attachment 4335777

They do! So glad they are still ticking along! :hugs:

Thank you ever so kindly! I think that I was mostly SO exhausted from an emotional long day... The scarf kept it all together for me...

Totally agree... Sichuan always makes me feel this way, too

Oh, I searched far and wide for this CW and treasure it so! Thank you!

These are all so amazing! I am awestruck by the Ecume... it is spectacular! When was it issued and who is the designer? Sigh...

Fantastic as a plissé!

Both gorgeous! And maybe someday I’ll be able to track down this CW of PdS.. Can’t believe I missed it when it was around... And I think all the scarves you’ve modeled lately look great with your new grey

So fabulous! Twins with you on the first two and wishing I’d gotten the third (pink tassels). Which one do you find you wear the most and has kept its allure the most for you?

You look so beautiful and so happy! I can’t make out the scarf... Which is it? Lovely

Aaah, thank you so much!

Can’t get over how amazing this is, especially worn with grey

Thank you so much! And not always does an older “nature” design still amaze me very time I wear it. I find myself gasping with delight every time I pull out my velvety Sichuan

You’re killing me! Gorgeous! Especially worn with that top

Thank you! Hope your super emotional day is behind you and that your weekend is peaceful, like the panda.

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi

View attachment 4335777

Very nice! How about an asymmetrical knot, which might show even more of the center and less edge? I think you’re onto something!

For @yodaling1, some pics of Ecume.
View attachment 4335273
View attachment 4335274
And my last scarves for this week: Tour du Monde en 80 Jours has depictions of a Japanese street (with kimono-clad lady in rickshaw) and a Chinese junk at a harbour since Phileas Fogg and Passepartout's route took them through Yokohama and Hongkong.
View attachment 4335275
And a very dear "in my top ten" favourite scarf. The Pekingese originated from China. Professor Google says they are one of the oldest breeds and one of the least genetically diverged from the wolf. :whut: Hmmm, can't say I can see the family resemblance, but they sure are cute.
View attachment 4335288
Thank you so much @xincinsin. The ecume is breathtaking! I love it. Thank you for taking the time to share. I appreciate it.

View attachment 4335777

It’s totally a win! A lovely pop of color!

Reactions: ElainePG
Status
Not open for further replies.