Saint Laurent Le 5 à 7

I can't really tell you if the leather is buff-able or not, as I luckily haven't scratched mine. However, if you've seen my earlier pictures, you'll know that I managed to get a pretty significant crease in the leather when I accidentally dropped it. Either way, the leather is delicate, and scratches are most likely going to happen.

Regarding the clasp, I don't find it to be in the way necessarily, but it does take a second to unhook it and hook it back. If you aren't paying attention when doing this, you will definitely get scratches around that area. The display models in the store had scratches around the logo from people hooking it and unhooking it. If you have long nails, it would probably be worse.

I look past the delicate nature of the 5 a 7 because it really is a beautiful, classic style in my opinion. But I probably won't ever by a smooth leather bag again.

I also have the Celine Ava in the brown/black canvas, and I love how care-free that bag is. I love both bags to be honest, but the Ava is more practical. I use the YSL when I'm a little more dressed up, and the Celine when I'm dressed casually.
Ahh, i goy what you mean. I did try on the bag at the store, probably brand new display pieces since i dont see any marks on it yet

Personally which one would you recommend between the two? (Celine or ysl). I am looking for something that can transition from day to night

Ahh, i goy what you mean. I did try on the bag at the store, probably brand new display pieces since i dont see any marks on it yet

Personally which one would you recommend between the two? (Celine or ysl). I am looking for something that can transition from day to night

I'd say the YSL if you want to use it for day and night.

Reactions: starprism_7
How does their python hold up, pros/cons vs smooth? I’m not familiar with how the material holds up in general but the cream python has me strongly considering it, the price premium isn’t so bad either!

I bought this bag then returned it. It looks gorgeous and I absolute adore the look. But......

1) The main issue I had with this bag is the fact you cannot carry it on your shoulder without it constantly falling off. Being a shoulder bag, it's absolutely annoying trying to carry it on the shoulder.
2) Stuff do fall out, especially lipstick/lip balm or a small hand sanitizer.
3) The leather is very smooth and delicate, I can't say how quickly it will get scratched or if it's actually not as prone to scratch. It made me super careful around handling this bag, I don't want to have to deal with this anxiety of potentially damaging it by normal wear.

Is this just me or anyone else have a similar issue?

Those that have the off white - how is the wear and tear? I want this bag in the off white colour!
:eek:What?! Lol! Usually I only see you mentioning black with black hardware or black with silver hardware or black with gold hardware! Yay! Nothing wrong with all back but I am very excited for you to explore other colors! I don't have this particular bag but I love the blanc vintage color. Hope you get more relevent feedback on your post other than my goofy reply.

• Haha
Reactions: Antigone
:eek:What?! Lol! Usually I only see you mentioning black with black hardware or black with silver hardware or black with gold hardware! Yay! Nothing wrong with all back but I am very excited for you to explore other colors! I don't have this particular bag but I love the blanc vintage color. Hope you get more relevent feedback on your post other than my goofy reply.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

OMG Yes!!! I know right?! I don't know why I am so inlove with white bags now! Maybe I am growing up. :P

I also tried the black but it's the white that made my heart go :nuts: :nuts::nuts:

Do you think it's a trendy bag?