Saint Laurent Le 5 à 7

Hine

Just another tiny bag lover
Jun 13, 2021
Hi,

I haven't seen any posts about this beauty yet. What does everyone think about this bag?

I really want a white/tan one but they both are in smooth leather. The black version has shiny crocodile and matte python leather options. Any chances for the white one to have different leather options?

Medium-657228BWR6W2725_A.jpeg

Medium-657228LFQHW1000_A.jpeg

Medium-6572282R20W1000_A.jpeg

Medium-6572282R20W9207_A.jpeg

shiny-crocodile.jpeg

This model looks so nice! Very classic and it’ll last for years to come. Tan is my favorite, but I’m curious how durable the leather is. I’ve had some smooth leather bags that never got scratched, and then others that were so sensitive, so it’s hard to know. Bag is a beauty though in whichever color you choose!

It is a beauty! :love: I love the tan color too but I'm so scared of scratches lol. From what I've seen from the Kaia bag on preloved market, which has similar type of leather, he scratches are quite noticeable.

Here are some pictures I've found

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210902-214922_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210902-214922_Chrome.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20210902-214930_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210902-214930_Chrome.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: _vee
Have you found that any of your contents fall out easily because of the opening? Since there is no zipper at all. I LOOOVVEEE this style, but I'm really concerned about the no-zipper opening.
I also was concerned of this but I haven’t had any issues and I live in NYC so I’m running around with my bag on my shoulder and no issues still. I think unless you took quite a tumble the contents will stay put. The bag stays securely under the arm so that helps.

I also was concerned of this but I haven’t had any issues and I live in NYC so I’m running around with my bag on my shoulder and no issues still. I think unless you took quite a tumble the contents will stay put. The bag stays securely under the arm so that helps.
Thanks for your reply! I tried it on in the store once with some of my contents, but I was in a hurry that day, so it wasn't a thorough "test drive". Will pop into the store again to give it another go. I keep looking at other bags to consider, but my heart keeps coming back to this. Especially when I keep seeing it on a few influencers I follow on IG, and they make it look so good due to its minimalist aesthetics.

I purchased this bag yesterday in the smooth leather. It really is so beautiful and sleek. I was trying to decide between this and the Celine Ava (the canvas version). I think I still want the Celine for more casual days, but I'm still glad I got the YSL.

About the smooth leather - I've always avoided this type because I've heard it is delicate. And it is. I almost bought the croc version instead because I knew it would be more durable, but I'm ultimately just not a croc person, so I decided to risk it with the smooth leather. As you can see in the picture, I already managed to crease the leather in the upper corner. When I got home, I was adjusting the strap, lost my grip, and it fell on the floor. When I picked it up - there the crease was. I'll be honest, I was SUPER unhappy about it. After sleeping on it, I feel better, but it still sucks. So just keep that it mind if you are considering this bag. I'm still glad I bought it, but I probably won't buy anything else with smoother leather in the future. I'm apparently too clumsy for it!

20211114_140825.jpg

I purchased this bag yesterday in the smooth leather. It really is so beautiful and sleek. I was trying to decide between this and the Celine Ava (the canvas version). I think I still want the Celine for more casual days, but I'm still glad I got the YSL.

About the smooth leather - I've always avoided this type because I've heard it is delicate. And it is. I almost bought the croc version instead because I knew it would be more durable, but I'm ultimately just not a croc person, so I decided to risk it with the smooth leather. As you can see in the picture, I already managed to crease the leather in the upper corner. When I got home, I was adjusting the strap, lost my grip, and it fell on the floor. When I picked it up - there the crease was. I'll be honest, I was SUPER unhappy about it. After sleeping on it, I feel better, but it still sucks. So just keep that it mind if you are considering this bag. I'm still glad I bought it, but I probably won't buy anything else with smoother leather in the future. I'm apparently too clumsy for it!

View attachment 5250394
Omg that is quite a crease! I would be disappointed too. I’m surprised because I have this in two colors (black and crema) and I live in NYC with two kids and this gets knocked around a lot. It’s fallen on the floor a few times too. It is kind of my every day bag and I don’t have a spot on the bag. I thought I scratched it but it turned out to be milk that my son spilled on and even though it had dried, it wiped off easily. For me, it’s been incredibly durable, more so than my chanel lambskin bags. Mine doesn’t have a scratch or crease on it yet so I am sorry this happened to you especially as soon as you got home.

Omg that is quite a crease! I would be disappointed too. I’m surprised because I have this in two colors (black and crema) and I live in NYC with two kids and this gets knocked around a lot. It’s fallen on the floor a few times too. It is kind of my every day bag and I don’t have a spot on the bag. I thought I scratched it but it turned out to be milk that my son spilled on and even though it had dried, it wiped off easily. For me, it’s been incredibly durable, more so than my chanel lambskin bags. Mine doesn’t have a scratch or crease on it yet so I am sorry this happened to you especially as soon as you got home.
I am glad that your experience with Le 5 à 7 is good so far. I am planning to pick up this bag in crema. Saw it at Saks today and loved it. However the PATENT LEATHER version looks absolutely beautiful.

Attachments

• Large-6572280UF0W1000_A.jpg
    Large-6572280UF0W1000_A.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 18