Rumour re: Louis Vuitton Recall?

I actually just a got a call the other day about my Icat Neverfull and Empreinte Speedy. I knew both of these had issues, but since I no longer have either of course there was nothing to do...lol. The CS rep asked if I still had them and when I said no she she was like OK bye!

Reactions: TangerineKandy
Update on the return/repair/exchange policy for defective items - LV is only going to do a ONE time courtesy exchange/repair/or return if you have a defective bag and do not have the original receipt. The name does not matter, they need a receipt. This policy is going to be more strictly enforced among all the stores. If you have a receipt then there is no time limit on replacing the defective item.

I believe this was always the policy but exceptions have been made. If anyone knows of anything different please update.

Does anyone know what the policy is in the store in Copenhagen, Denmark?

I have just bought a preloved PM in mono, which is on the way. After reading about the quality issues with this bag, I checked the pictures of the bag again, and saw that there seems to be a crack under the flap of the bag in at least one side. I have attached a picture. The seller had not mentioned this and I don't know if I will be able to return it. The bag was produced in 2014 and the receipt should be included.
I called CS and they just told me, that as they have not seen the bag, they could not say anything, and that I should just bring the bag into my nearest store. They wouldn't even confirm that there are quality issues with PMs produced between 2013 and 2015. After reading this thread, it seems strange to me, that they won't confirm this.

I am now afraid if receiving a faulty bag and not being able to get a refund from either the seller or Louis Vuitton . I hope the the Louis Vuitton store in Denmark has a good refund policy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191023_145922.jpg
    Screenshot_20191023_145922.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 338
Does anyone know what the policy is in the store in Copenhagen, Denmark?

I have just bought a preloved PM in mono, which is on the way. After reading about the quality issues with this bag, I checked the pictures of the bag again, and saw that there seems to be a crack under the flap of the bag in at least one side. I have attached a picture. The seller had not mentioned this and I don't know if I will be able to return it. The bag was produced in 2014 and the receipt should be included.
I called CS and they just told me, that as they have not seen the bag, they could not say anything, and that I should just bring the bag into my nearest store. They wouldn't even confirm that there are quality issues with PMs produced between 2013 and 2015. After reading this thread, it seems strange to me, that they won't confirm this.

I am now afraid if receiving a faulty bag and not being able to get a refund from either the seller or Louis Vuitton . I hope the the Louis Vuitton store in Denmark has a good refund policy.
If the seller hasn't mentioned it then you have full right to return.

If the seller hasn't mentioned it then you have full right to return.

Yes, I as well would think, that I should have a refund from the seller. I just don't know if she will give one, since the flaw was actually visible in the photo (although only when zoomed in on).

Do you know if this type of flaw is part of the generel quality issues with the bag and covered by the recall?

Yes, I as well would think, that I should have a refund from the seller. I just don't know if she will give one, since the flaw was actually visible in the photo (although only when zoomed in on).

Do you know if this type of flaw is part of the generel quality issues with the bag and covered by the recall?

Purchasing a bag with known issues to return to the store for credit (LV would not give a refund),, in my opinion, is not ok. if you do not plan on keeping the bag, you should return to seller.

Reactions: Zoezampalunga
I certinaly did not purchase it to return it for store credit. Why would someone so that?

Unfortunatly I have tried before, that sellers will not give a refund eventhough the bag is faulty. This is why I am asking.

actually, people do that all the time.
you can file a claim with PP or your CC regarding the issue, so you should be able to return.

I certinaly did not purchase it to return it for store credit. Why would someone so that?

Unfortunatly I have tried before, that sellers will not give a refund eventhough the bag is faulty. This is why I am asking.
this is probably a silly question, but if you have had issue purchasing faulty bags from this seller before, why would you buy again?

PP - paypal
CC - credit card
Thanks, I will look into that. Luckily I paid through PayPal, which otherwise isn't very used here in Denmark, so I hope they will be able to help, if the seller dosen't give a refund herself.
I keep hoping the bag will show up in good condition, but the more I look at the picture the more sure I am, that it is faulty :sad: