Royalty & their Jewelry

Princess Mehrunisa of Rampur
^she's lovely!

Brooches of Nizam of Hyderabad
^the crown brooch is my favorite

Emerald turban Pins of Nizam of Hyderabad
^is there a significance to the color green? I'm curious about why so many of the indian royals own & wear so many emeralds. I'm grateful they did since it's my favorite stone...now I get to see so many of them thanks to you posting pics.

is there a significance to the color green? I'm curious about why so many of the indian royals own & wear so many emeralds. I'm grateful they did since it's my favorite stone...now I get to see so many of them thanks to you posting pics.

i was wondering the same! I realized I'm seeing fewer sapphires and way more emeralds from the Indian royals than from the Europeans.

Emeralds of Nizam of Hyderabad

Emeralds- This is the collection of 22 unset emeralds weighing around 412 carats, the kind which is not seen anywhere.

Attachments

• 27rsld7.jpg
    27rsld7.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,340
i was wondering the same! I realized I'm seeing fewer sapphires and way more emeralds from the Indian royals than from the Europeans.

No, Not at all .The Indian royals always got the best gems in the world . Maharaja of Kashmir has one of the best sapphire collection in the world,The only problem is i don't have pictures

is there a significance to the color green? I'm curious about why so many of the indian royals own & wear so many emeralds. I'm grateful they did since it's my favorite stone...now I get to see so many of them thanks to you posting pics.

No,Not at all. The picture i have been posting here is something i have collected over few years because most of the famous diamonds and gems once belonged to the Maharajas . It's very difficult to find pictures of Indian Royalties

This is an excerpt taken from Christie's auctioning of THE ROCKEFELLER SAPPHIRE
"The best gems, colored stones or diamonds have traditionally come from India, and the famous sub-continent is synonymous with legendary jewels. It is therefore of no surprise to learn that the Rockefeller Sapphire like so many of the world's most important gems also has its origins from this sacred land.
The Sapphire belonged to the Nizam of Hyderabad from which John D. Rockefeller, Jr. purchased the sapphire

Attachments

• d2022213r.jpg
    d2022213r.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,197