Royalty & their Jewelry

Spinel necklace of Mughal Emperors There are eleven Spinel beadsin the necklace with uncut diamonds and three of the beads are inscribed with the names of Mughal Emperors Akbar, Jahangir and Shah Jahan

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 2,094
Maharani Sanyogita Devi of Indore wearing her diamond and emerald jewelry
^she looks so elegant!

The movie is amazingly shot and the jewelries shown in the film is inspired by the real Moghul jewelries
^oh, I'm so excited. have you seen it? did you like it? none of my IRL friends have seen it, & I can't get them to watch it. I just put it in my netflix queue again. I love it...soooo romantic. I really need to buy it so I can watch it as often as I want. maybe the story isn't completely historically accurate, but it's wonderful. two beautiful actors, beautiful costumes, beautiful architecture, beautiful jewelry, beautiful plot...what more could you want? the gigantic rings & the typical (to me) indian earrings that she wears are my favorite pieces of jewelry in the movie.

Mughal style throne in Topkapi palace treasury in Istanbul Turkey. Gifted to Ottoman Emperors by Nadir Shah .The throne actually belonged to Mughal Emperor Shah jahan . It's believed to be looted from Delhi
^incredible!!!

The Great Moghul Emerald

Another stunning emerald of Maharaja of Darbhanga was the Great Moghul emerald. It is the largest carved Emerald in the world. This emerald is of Columbian origin. The origin of the emerald dates back to the period of Emperor Aurangzeb . It contains five lines of Shiite prayer written in calligraphy on one face, and an ornate flower carving on the other side

Attachments

• mme.jpg
    mme.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,384
  • mmi.jpg
    mmi.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,373
Royal Gem-Set Mirror of a Moghul royalty

The oval shaped marvel is made out of white jade, the mirror is a vintage property. It is estimated to go back to the era of Shah Jahan. There beautiful flower carving on the back surface of the mirror. The external edge of the mirror has been embellished with several rubies and emeralds.

Attachments

• mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,430