Rogue Club

Interested in your opinions/comments. I actually bought a rogue bag, returned it for a less expensive bag and then decided to return that one and get a different rogue. In the transaction, the sales associate made a mistake and returned the original more expensive bag essentially giving me more credit than I should have received. A week later she called me asking me to pay the difference! Or I could always not keep the bag and return it. I thought it was in poor taste since it was their mistake and I've bought lots there in the last few years. They were more concerned about their inventory being correct than keeping customers. I've never heard of such a thing....calling a customer for more money! Tacky!

Interested in your opinions/comments. I actually bought a rogue bag, returned it for a less expensive bag and then decided to return that one and get a different rogue. In the transaction, the sales associate made a mistake and returned the original more expensive bag essentially giving me more credit than I should have received. A week later she called me asking me to pay the difference! Or I could always not keep the bag and return it. I thought it was in poor taste since it was their mistake and I've bought lots there in the last few years. They were more concerned about their inventory being correct than keeping customers. I've never heard of such a thing....calling a customer for more money! Tacky!
Wow, I'm actually surprised they called. Just curious, what was the difference? In price I mean.

I think it's really a good neutral and from your mod shots it looks great on you! It's just hard trying something new. I bought mine for that reason. I just have to stick to it.
Thank you, you're sweet! I know I think it is neutral too. I fell in love with it when I saw another customer carrying it in the Coach store. It was so striking on her. She had on jeans and a cute Floral top.

I think it would look great in the fall, too, as a western vibe. Just still struggle with the cost since I have the Nomad in butterscotch. The snake detail just sets this bag apart from most anything out there. I have the original rogue satchel in Cornflower with the snake handles. The snake just makes both bags. Does anyone know when the sale is over?
I'm not sure you'd need this one if you already have a butterscotch nomad. There is only the slightest difference in color between the two. Do you often have the same color in multiple styles? You can always get it and return if you don't like it.

Wow, I'm actually surprised they called. Just curious, what was the difference? In price I mean.
About $170. Still....have you ever had a store call you because they made a mistake? In my business, we don't make a customer pay for our mistake....we eat it. You want to lose a good customer over it? Bad business decision but when I called Customer Service, they said that is their protocol. I'm still shocked they would want to do this. They were more concerned with having their inventory/transactions correct than keeping a good customer! Poor decision! I wound up returning the bag because I have a strong opinion about it all. I could have just kept the bag and not pay them but how can you carry it with any joy after all that and feel good about it all???

Reactions: Satcheldoll
@dinainme

I guess my own reaction would be just because they made a mistake does not make it "right" for me to profit the same. I would work with them to fix the mistake for my own sense of right, the long term relationship...and work with them for a perk for the inconvenience - like a future discount :smile:
The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. The message was they don't care about customers....only inventory and audits on their transactions. Without customers, they don't exist and retail is dying. I don't need to profit but I try hard to keep a customer focus in my company and felt they didn't see customers as an asset.

Reactions: K.E.W.

Wow, that IS tacky! Since it was their error they should cut their loss and move on and not harass a good customer! It would be different if she realized it while you were still in the store and just notified you that she needs to change it. I'm not sure if I'd keep the bag or return it, strictly on principle.

EDIT - I just read RayKays reply, which is more civilized than my comment, lol. I can't help it, but on principle, I'd need to let them know that their tackiness is not acceptable to me.

Last edited:
Hmm... if I knew a mistake was made I would have said something and fixed it before they even had a chance to call me. That's just the way my brain works. (I call my cell phone company and tell them when they've undercharged me on my bill. LOL) But I also have a very good relationship with my SA and the store. She felt bad because I had to come in and return a bag to get my additional discount and I feel bad when I make a return and sometimes send it back to JAX just so their store doesn't take the loss.
It doesn't surprise me that they called you about it.

Reactions: Hobbsy
The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. The message was they don't care about customers....only inventory and audits on their transactions. Without customers, they don't exist and retail is dying. I don't need to profit but I try hard to keep a customer focus in my company and felt they didn't see customers as an asset.

I agree with you! They handled their error poorly and put their profit before respecting you as a customer. It would leave a bad taste in my mouth too, and I'd want that to be known, whether you mention it to HER manager, or return the bag and let them know you're done shopping in that store.

Just my 2 cents.

About $170. Still....have you ever had a store call you because they made a mistake? In my business, we don't make a customer pay for our mistake....we eat it. You want to lose a good customer over it? Bad business decision but when I called Customer Service, they said that is their protocol. I'm still shocked they would want to do this. They were more concerned with having their inventory/transactions correct than keeping a good customer! Poor decision! I wound up returning the bag because I have a strong opinion about it all. I could have just kept the bag and not pay them but how can you carry it with any joy after all that and feel good about it all???
I would have returned the bag too after that experience. I get annoyed when a store won't do price adjustments or let you return and rebuy the item. If you return it you have to wait for them to put it back out possibly in some random place you'll have to search for it. No thank you!

Just curious, if some of you think butterscotch satchel may look dated. Do you think the same if butterscotch Rogue?
I do not feel that way about the butterscotch glove tanned leather- it has a burnished look- the 24 dinky is gorgeous. I have not seen the pebbled leather irl but my impression is it will remain a classic. To me it is a lovely neutral.

Reactions: RayKay