RM bags that got away

missmoimoi

Dec 5, 2009
I was curious if anybody out there found RM bags at a decent price but passed up and now regret it?

I have 2 I can think of, both were at Winners at the same time a couple years back for $329 : (deep) yellow MAM and the dark raspberry satin MAB with black leather trim. There were tan/camel MAM's too. At the time, I worried that the hardware was too bulky & clunky for me but I totally regret not keeping them now. I also thought the bag was too much like a shoebox but later, I got 2 MAM's...go figure.

I was curious if anybody out there found RM bags at a decent price but passed up and now regret it?

I have 2 I can think of, both were at Winners at the same time a couple years back for $329 : (deep) yellow MAM and the dark raspberry satin MAB with black leather trim. There were tan/camel MAM's too. At the time, I worried that the hardware was too bulky & clunky for me but I totally regret not keeping them now. I also thought the bag was too much like a shoebox but later, I got 2 MAM's...go figure.

I got a noir nikki for a very good price on bonz and also one in fawn and let both go. I really regret it because noir was the chewyest softest leather I have ever felt. Fawn was such a pretty camel lambskin leather & lightweight. I also liked the light gold hw on both bags.

I also did not like MAMs at first & bought & returned quite a few because I thought they were too boxy. I had yellow, purple & black (all from Nordstrom - so I don't know their real color names). Then I got my verdes MAM which broke in so nicely & still have it & love it!

I missed my nikkis so much I just bought a wine nikki from bonz - which I really love, maybe more than those 2 I let go! The color & leather is gorgeous!:love: So I am happy now!

I let 3 RMS go that I wished I had back.
Navy Luxe Nikki
Wine Nikki
Chocolate BBW MAB

I thought I was ready to move up the designer chain and sold all of my RMs to fund those bags I wanted.
Now, those bags are gone and I am trying to replace my RMs..
Already have a Grey Matinee....but would love a Nikki instead.
I will NEVER get rid of the Ink Nikki I got and I am waiting on my Cocoa Nikki.

I doubt I will replace the MAB as it was just too "clinky" for me....but it was my favorite..

I have come to the conclusion that a Nikki is the most versatile bag for me. I am a hobo hippie at heart and there is no reason for me to buy anything but hobos. They define me.

Hmm, only bag that has always alluded me is the Tomato MAB. A year and a half ago one popped up on Ebay literally right after I went to bed. One day I'll find it!

I sold my Fire Engine Quilted MAC pretty much right after I got it- thank goodness it was to a lovely TPF-er, but I really miss that bag and wish I hadn't been so hasty.

The one that got away for me was the black and blue stamp MAM. I saw one on eBay but passed on it because I saw the seller was using the same photos as her reveal photos. I have been regretting it ever since.

I regret returning my Dark Shimmer 3-zip MAC. The shimmer leather was defective and bled all over the place, but damn was it pretty and unique.

For one that got away, I wished I had pounced on one of the Shopbop exclusive Matinees back in the day, especially the black with army green suede flaps.

I regret returning my Dark Shimmer 3-zip MAC. The shimmer leather was defective and bled all over the place, but damn was it pretty and unique.

For one that got away, I wished I had pounced on one of the Shopbop exclusive Matinees back in the day, especially the black with army green suede flaps.

There's an EUC DS MAC on Bon (not mine) for a steal...$90 w/free shipping. http://www.bonanza.com/booths/85393/items/40474716 It's missing a few dots on the back, but that would be totally unnoticeable.

I too have this bag and while it's not the sturdiest RM ever made, and it surely won't last a lifetime, it is really pretty and unique. I use mine lightly and am really careful with it, but I'll never part with it...well, not until the last dot falls off!

Thankfully I can't think of any bag that's gotten away from me. If anything I always seem to be in the right place at the right time when something I have lusted after popped up.

^GAH, I wish you hadn't posted that. :graucho: And it has stripe lining, which is better than the birdies that my old one had. Hmm... the issue I had with the old one was that it would rub and leave dark streaks on my clothes. But I mostly wear dark colors anyway.

Have you considered the Black/white Stingray MAC? I returned the Dark Shimmer MAC because of the bleeding issue and figured that the Black/white Stingray MAC is a good replacement for it.

Cloud Grey MAC with siggy hardware... I've seen it on ebay once and bonz once (same bad both times I think). Can't believe I was at the 08 nyc ss that had the cloud grey MACs and I never even gave them a second look. I was too busy chasing the Cloud Grey MAM which I didn't even end up buying!

Sometimes I miss my Black Cat MAM with pink trim (with blue/white lining not the birds) it was super soft and lovely leather, but I rarely used it. Unless I saw another one for an absolute steal, I'm not letting myself re-buy this MAM because it didn't get used as much as it should have.