Reveal....and advice...

Sue247 said:
I have two kids too! I like the daria satchel, i wanted one when they went in the sales. Think you would get a lot of use out of one.

I've only got the 1 bubba, 2 Bays....
Hahahahahaha something def wrong here! Right I'm going to return it tomorrow and if I don't love the daria I'm going to save my credit note for something I DO love.

Hi all

I'm well behind in this thread but wanted to ask a q. I've been offered 2nd chance offer on the Alexa that was in the reveal here and it was meant to be an oversize but seller has confirmed ( after I paid but sure it was an oversight) that it's regular size. I wanted OS as figure better usage- can anyone confirm apart from measurements whether the regular size is good for an every day bag? Also have read whole thread re fabric etx- can I ask how your 2 are getting on and whether they have been durable?

Any help much appreciated!! Xxxx

Hi,

I've only got this OS Alexa so can't really comment on the difference between the OS and the Regular. However, I wanted to let you know that she is wearing really well. I've used her pretty much every day since I got her and she has been caught out in the rain a few times as well. The only visible marks are seen on some of the leather across the back from rubbing, but it looks well with it. I can't remember if I said in an earlier post but the OS was approximately £430. Any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

sugna said:
Hi,

I've only got this OS Alexa so can't really comment on the difference between the OS and the Regular. However, I wanted to let you know that she is wearing really well. I've used her pretty much every day since I got her and she has been caught out in the rain a few times as well. The only visible marks are seen on some of the leather across the back from rubbing, but it looks well with it. I can't remember if I said in an earlier post but the OS was approximately £430. Any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

Hiya

I decided against buying the bag as I would have ended up paying full price for a 2nd had bag, little upsetting as I do think it's a beautiful bag but hey ho I'm sure others will be along shortly!

Thanks for coming back to me xxx

I know I'm rehashing and old thread here but have to share my pain!

My beautiful Alexa featured here developed a fault. The cotton was actually fraying away from the front postman's lock on the top flap. It started in the summer and I showed it to an assistant in HOF Belfast and she said that Mulberry probably wouldn't look at it and she helped me to pull the thread through. I hadn't been using her since September time but brought her out on Sunday night for over Christmas and realised that more of the cotton had come away (wish I had taken photos!). So. she was posted off to the repair team. I've just phoned to check they got the parcel ok and I'm upset to learn that she can't be repaired!!! I can't believe it! I always wanted an O/S Alexa in my collection and the cotton weave suited me perfectly!
I'm waiting for a call back to hear what happens now....boohoo :cry:

So I'm getting a full refund... bitter sweet because I'm sad I no longer have my O/S Alexa but now I can decide what to replace her with.

I really, really love the snowball white lily, but how much use will she get?

As I've just got an Oak Bayswater maybe I should stick with the more classic designs and colours and go for either a regular Oak Lily or the Medium Black Lily.

(I also have a Black AG Roxanne - from a lovely tpf'er - and a battered old woody in my small collection)

Ohhh that's so sad! She was so pretty... I'm teetering off the sofa about snowball lily too but am thinking the same as you on it- oak doesn't seem to go with much of my wardrobe so I think black/white etc works with most things? Go with whichever you love the most- there's no point getting something that will end up sitting in the dustbag x

I know I'm rehashing and old thread here but have to share my pain!

My beautiful Alexa featured here developed a fault. The cotton was actually fraying away from the front postman's lock on the top flap. It started in the summer and I showed it to an assistant in HOF Belfast and she said that Mulberry probably wouldn't look at it and she helped me to pull the thread through. I hadn't been using her since September time but brought her out on Sunday night for over Christmas and realised that more of the cotton had come away (wish I had taken photos!). So. she was posted off to the repair team. I've just phoned to check they got the parcel ok and I'm upset to learn that she can't be repaired!!! I can't believe it! I always wanted an O/S Alexa in my collection and the cotton weave suited me perfectly!
I'm waiting for a call back to hear what happens now....boohoo :cry:

Awww :sad: Such a lovely bag as well, hope you get something equally lush as a replacement.

Ohh, gutted to see it can't be replaced :sad:

There's some lovely new bags in the coming soon section of Mulberry. Or you could hold out for the Snowball Lily in the sale.

So I'm getting a full refund... bitter sweet because I'm sad I no longer have my O/S Alexa but now I can decide what to replace her with.

I really, really love the snowball white lily, but how much use will she get?

As I've just got an Oak Bayswater maybe I should stick with the more classic designs and colours and go for either a regular Oak Lily or the Medium Black Lily.

(I also have a Black AG Roxanne - from a lovely tpf'er - and a battered old woody in my small collection)
Oh I feel for you, it is so horrible when forced to send in bags that will just get refunded! but there is a few very nice bags coming in the coming soon section...:smile: Hope you 'll get some other bag that you'll love as much as the fab one you had!!! :smile:

Ohhh that's so sad! She was so pretty... I'm teetering off the sofa about snowball lily too but am thinking the same as you on it- oak doesn't seem to go with much of my wardrobe so I think black/white etc works with most things? Go with whichever you love the most- there's no point getting something that will end up sitting in the dustbag x

I tried on the snowball white during the summer and fell in love completely...it has a silver shimmery quality. The reason I didn't buy then was because there was a snowball white Bays on the counter and it had been marked, made me think it would maybe mark easily and I can't baby a bag too much (with 3 bambino's here already!)
I spend my life on school runs in and out of the car carrying a toddler and to be honest since september I have been using a Cath Kidston messenger and I can just keep it on the whole time and have my hands free. My Roxanne is Darwin and hardy and (whispers) gets flung into the foot well of the car...can't imagine doing that with snowball white.

So, would it be in a dust bag permanently?

The other options I am drawn to include the oak Lily...but I've just got the oak Bays so would like something a bit different maybe?
I also like the oak and the black printed lily especially as they are being quite limited.

What to do what to do?

Awww :sad: Such a lovely bag as well, hope you get something equally lush as a replacement.

Ohh, gutted to see it can't be replaced :sad:

There's some lovely new bags in the coming soon section of Mulberry. Or you could hold out for the Snowball Lily in the sale.

Oh I feel for you, it is so horrible when forced to send in bags that will just get refunded! but there is a few very nice bags coming in the coming soon section...:smile: Hope you 'll get some other bag that you'll love as much as the fab one you had!!!

I know, I loved having an OS Alexa in my family, but now what to get!

Awww Sugna, what a shame! Sorry to hear your much loved lexie isn't repairable.

Hmmmm.....choices, choices! From your list I'd probably go for printed as I think they won't be available for very long, then maybe look to add the snowball in a yearor so when they hit the outlets ;)

sugna said:
I tried on the snowball white during the summer and fell in love completely...it has a silver shimmery quality. The reason I didn't buy then was because there was a snowball white Bays on the counter and it had been marked, made me think it would maybe mark easily and I can't baby a bag too much (with 3 bambino's here already!)
I spend my life on school runs in and out of the car carrying a toddler and to be honest since september I have been using a Cath Kidston messenger and I can just keep it on the whole time and have my hands free. My Roxanne is Darwin and hardy and (whispers) gets flung into the foot well of the car...can't imagine doing that with snowball white.

So, would it be in a dust bag permanently?

The other options I am drawn to include the oak Lily...but I've just got the oak Bays so would like something a bit different maybe?
I also like the oak and the black printed lily especially as they are being quite limited.

What to do what to do?

I just sq your other thread with the oak bays- looks gorgeous on you! I've never been an oak person myself but it looks sooooo good on others!

Re snowball lily- it's got a patent type finish hasn't it? Got to be a bit more hard wearing than a normal white bag? I currently using marshmallow Daria satchel everyday and have found her to be amazing - no marks, fine in the rain- although I do try not to put her on the floor of my car!! I also have a baby and have her changing bag with me all the time but feel like I need a easy practical but beautiful bag on to make me feel a little more normal??

I've just bought OS Alexa in patent mini leopard ( take a look at "confessions of a mulberry addict" thread ) and am finding that though she's very slouchy and doesn't look too practical- the material is actually very hard wearing and durable!

Let us know what u decide x

I just sq your other thread with the oak bays- looks gorgeous on you! I've never been an oak person myself but it looks sooooo good on others!

Re snowball lily- it's got a patent type finish hasn't it? Got to be a bit more hard wearing than a normal white bag? I currently using marshmallow Daria satchel everyday and have found her to be amazing - no marks, fine in the rain- although I do try not to put her on the floor of my car!! I also have a baby and have her changing bag with me all the time but feel like I need a easy practical but beautiful bag on to make me feel a little more normal??

I've just bought OS Alexa in patent mini leopard ( take a look at "confessions of a mulberry addict" thread ) and am finding that though she's very slouchy and doesn't look too practical- the material is actually very hard wearing and durable!

Let us know what u decide x

I didn't think I was an Oak person either, but I do need a bag that goes with everything and I think the Oak works very well.

You are so brave using your marshmallow daria everyday...and with a baby, very impressive! I'm sure the snowball would be more hardy than some of the other finishes but I would still worry about it.

Will go and have a look at your new purchase!

I've just stopped carrying my Lin and Leo Changing bag, can't believe Mulberry now do Baby changing bags when all my wee ones are too grown up. Don't think it's a good enough reason to have another baby tho!!:roflmfao:

Awww Sugna, what a shame! Sorry to hear your much loved lexie isn't repairable.

Hmmmm.....choices, choices! From your list I'd probably go for printed as I think they won't be available for very long, then maybe look to add the snowball in a yearor so when they hit the outlets ;)

Thanks for your input Mo!:biggrin: