Repair/Replacement Costs - List

Hi, I have a question about stitching on canvas (new to all this so sorry if this, not the right place to ask), but if the stitching on canvas becomes undone that cannot be repaired by LV? They would just replace the bag itself?

Hi, I have a question about stitching on canvas (new to all this so sorry if this, not the right place to ask), but if the stitching on canvas becomes undone that cannot be repaired by LV? They would just replace the bag itself?
Could you provide more information? I had some stitching redone on a canvas wallet when they repaired the glazing so maybe?

I just collected my Neverfull MM repair from the store yesterday and I was shocked when my SA took it out from the dustbag.

I had originally sent it for replacement of the pocket as the interior was chipping. The Neverfull MM i had was from 2008 and the pocket interior had a plastic-liked lining. I was quoted SGD310 for the replacement. However, I was shocked to see that they had replaced the leather trim too!!!!! NOOOOOOO and now there is two drastic contrast in the leather.

My SA went back to check on the system and got the help of her manager. She came and said that she had made a mistake in the order :amazed: resulting the change in leather trim. She then mentioned that i will only required to pay for the leather trim which is SGD90. But im still upset about the colour contrast.

The manager subsequently came over and said that I can tan the vachetta for a couple of hour each day to get it tanner.

Any advice what should I do?

Attachments

• 781CFBDA-727E-496A-A520-C403F65D07DB.jpeg
    781CFBDA-727E-496A-A520-C403F65D07DB.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 157
I just collected my Neverfull MM repair from the store yesterday and I was shocked when my SA took it out from the dustbag.

I had originally sent it for replacement of the pocket as the interior was chipping. The Neverfull MM i had was from 2008 and the pocket interior had a plastic-liked lining. I was quoted SGD310 for the replacement. However, I was shocked to see that they had replaced the leather trim too!!!!! NOOOOOOO and now there is two drastic contrast in the leather.

My SA went back to check on the system and got the help of her manager. She came and said that she had made a mistake in the order :amazed: resulting the change in leather trim. She then mentioned that i will only required to pay for the leather trim which is SGD90. But im still upset about the colour contrast.

The manager subsequently came over and said that I can tan the vachetta for a couple of hour each day to get it tanner.

Any advice what should I do?
Oh no!!! So sorry... my Neverfull PM will be delivered tomorrow and I hope they didn't do that with mine, also from 2008.

which part did you had it changed? the pocket too?
i realize it was a different print on the pocket, previously mine had Champ Elysee on it.
I asked for the exterior vachetta to be changed. I hope they left the pocket alone! Mine said that too. And actually I barely used the pocket so it wasn't sticky or coming apart.

I asked for the exterior vachetta to be changed. I hope they left the pocket alone! Mine said that too. And actually I barely used the pocket so it wasn't sticky or coming apart.

oh wow so you changed all the exterior vachetta? then i believe you will not have this issue since all are changed.
How much were you quoted? I did asked my SA and she mentioned that to change the remaining vachetta i will have to pay SGD1,200 :annoyed: its kinda more than what i paid for the bag.

come to think of it. i could have lived with the plastic chipping had i known that this will happen :mad::mad:

Yes, please. I don't have that bag, but there are many people who do and will help. There's also a clubhouse for it (i think).

took some pics. It’s pretty small but noticeable. I’m not sure if this would be repair or is the stitching tight enough it won’t become more undone? I appreciate any advice

Attachments

• 85097975-260A-4CE9-B8A2-2C22AD12EA2E.jpeg
    85097975-260A-4CE9-B8A2-2C22AD12EA2E.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 745569AB-2C2C-473E-9D53-918B6F587C8E.jpeg
    745569AB-2C2C-473E-9D53-918B6F587C8E.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 32BF700B-030F-4DB0-9184-56692B6883ED.jpeg
    32BF700B-030F-4DB0-9184-56692B6883ED.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 47
oh wow so you changed all the exterior vachetta? then i believe you will not have this issue since all are changed.
How much were you quoted? I did asked my SA and she mentioned that to change the remaining vachetta i will have to pay SGD1,200 :annoyed: its kinda more than what i paid for the bag.

come to think of it. i could have lived with the plastic chipping had i known that this will happen :mad::mad:
In the store I was quoted $600. Looking through these threads I saw it was high so I emailed customer service. I was quoted $450. Another poster said her original quote changes, but I just paid by link yesterday and it was $450. That's USD. I specified Exterior Only so I hope they left it alone. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I would be very upset.

took some pics. It’s pretty small but noticeable. I’m not sure if this would be repair or is the stitching tight enough it won’t become more undone? I appreciate any advice
I can't see too much. Maybe it's my phone. Did you check for a PSM thread in the clubhouse or there is also a thread that discusses "is this normal, stitching, alignment". You might have better luck there if you don't get an answer here.

Reactions: stephhr
In the store I was quoted $600. Looking through these threads I saw it was high so I emailed customer service. I was quoted $450. Another poster said her original quote changes, but I just paid by link yesterday and it was $450. That's USD. I specified Exterior Only so I hope they left it alone. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I would be very upset.

oh wow.. $450 sounds pretty reasonable. can't wait to see your refurbished neverfull :yahoo:

I went to my local LV to get a quote for the entire vachetta replacement on the Totally PM monogram from 2012. $810!!!! For some reason, the SA I spoke to mentioned that there would be sales tax as well... hmmm anyway I left the store with my bag. I love the bag but at that price, I might as well save toward a new bag.

Reactions: Prettyinblush
I went to my local LV to get a quote for the entire vachetta replacement on the Totally PM monogram from 2012. $810!!!! For some reason, the SA I spoke to mentioned that there would be sales tax as well... hmmm anyway I left the store with my bag. I love the bag but at that price, I might as well save toward a new bag.
The store gave me a higher quote than customer service. Also, I expected to be charged sales tax but I wasn't! Doesn't hurt to check with customer service. The more I ask questions, the more I find there are different answers depending on who you speak with.

Reactions: Prettyinblush