Recomendations for getting rid of Stretch Marks

It's just been two weeks- don't worry about it now :smile:.

Time is going to make them fade. As far as treatment, it's a good idea to see what your mom's or other relatives stretch marks are like, because some of it is just genetic. My stretch marks are in the same places and to the same degree is my mom's and grandma's. That knowledge can help you to have a realistic expectation of how effective treatment will be for you.

Congratulations on your baby!

I used the Mustela stretch marks cream and Bio oil during my first pregnancy but I still got stretch marks :cry: I do know that my SIL got stretch marks from her first pregnancy but it did fade after 7 years.... Im gonna have to wait 7 years to see if mine will fade hahaha! What's kinda annoying is the fact that my grandma and my mom never had stretch marks! Its all worth it though. They're like love battle scars...

I used Cocoa butter cream during my pregnancy and I still got them! i didnt with my first but now I got them! I have been using bio oil religiously but still no improvement even though its only been 2 weeks, but I'm impatient!

I am mystified why I dont have stretch marks. DD was also born 2 weeks ago and I was huge! I used lavendar scented Belli Oil spray throughout my pregnancy and think that may have helped...I wonder if you can use it afterward too, at least for added moisture.

Can you get breast stretch marks now too? Ugh, I hope not!

I've been using Argan oil and shea butter, and so far so good. I've also been using Chouette Mama body cream that I bought in Senegal, and it is simply amazing.

one of my dear friends is Senegalese, is it worth me asking him to bring some back for me?
i didn't get any stretch marks during my pregnancy... i thought i was in the clear ... it was after the birth of my daughter that the angry red ones appeared. ick.

I've been told that stretch marks are hereditary. So chances are, if your mom had them (or didn't) then you will too. Stress is also a big factor in stretch marks so try not to worry about them too much. Just make sure you are good with using your creams. They say creams don't really help, but really, they can't hurt! I apply it at least twice a day. My mom had really bad stretch marks, but she had a lot of stress during her pregnancy. We will see after the baby is born how it turns out! :lol:

StriVectin SD is working on me. My skin was extremely scratchy, pink, then purple on the stretch marks... until I massaged on StriVectin. The pink and purple has now turned light brown and is peeling off to reveal new clear skin. And what a relief this cream provides! I am no longer scratchy.

Has anyone tried Mederma stretch mark therapy? I've been using it for a couple of weeks and am seeing SLOW improvement. They are fading in color... FYI I gave birth about 5 weeks ago.
I am seriously so depressed over these stretch marks. The ones I got during pregnancy mysteriously disappeared after my son was born, but I started getting rash and the angry red ones appeared where I scratched (thighs and hips). SIGH.
I am considering strivectin too.
What are other new moms using to get rid of stretch marks?
Seriously mine look so gross... :sad:

I used Strivectin religiously after #1 and they faded right away from angry red scratchy to faded silvery (the "grooves" in the skin still remain, sadly) in the 6 weeks time.

Then I didn't get any new ones w #2 *except* at the end I had one about a centimeter long that surpased the others on my belly! :smash:

W. this one, I started out "fuller figured," so if anything my tummy looks less marked when poufy w. fat/baby. lol... it's when I get skinny that the sagging and stretch marks really show their awesome glory!

Sooo... maybe you just need to do the cream and eat a bunch of dessert to plump up the skin around the marks! :lol:

There's nothing you can really to to prevent them and there's definitely nothing you can do to make them go away. The only thing you can do is make them lighter and that will happen with time anyway.

My friend that works with the new lasers said that they have significantly improved the technology and only certain types of lasers work to get rid of stretch marks. These have been use on women who have a Tummy tuck and it help get rid of the TT scars...