Recomendations for getting rid of Stretch Marks

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been lathering my stomach with argan oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter, and raw african shea butter - so far, so good. I neglected my sides are there are a few on each side of my hips. I'm sure they'll fade. I'm just praying that I don't get any on my tummy!!

My Mom and Grandma have them, but I don't. I used Belly Butter from Due Maternity. I have always used some kind of lotion after every bath. I made sure to drink a ton of water and not gain weight too fast. I gained 30lbs with my daughter and nearly 60 with my son. I was shocked that I didn't get any the second time around.

It's hereditary. My mom and aunts didn't have stretch marks on their tummy and I didn't have any. I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter and seems like that's the only one I can use. I tried using Alqvimia Body Stretch Stopper Body Oil which is 10x the cost of Palmer's and am allergic to it! I used Cocoa Butter from 3 months onwards religiously twice a day after shower.

Debunks the theory that it is hereditary. I've come across others who didn't get SM, but their mothers or sisters did.

My Mom and Grandma have them, but I don't. I used Belly Butter from Due Maternity. I have always used some kind of lotion after every bath. I made sure to drink a ton of water and not gain weight too fast. I gained 30lbs with my daughter and nearly 60 with my son. I was shocked that I didn't get any the second time around.

My mother didn't ever get any but I got them when I went on the pill as a teenager (as it made me go up a few sizes in a short period of time and boobs out of now where!).

Pre pregnancy I was very petite, just like I was as a teenager pre pill. I am now 14 weeks and the weight is piling on. Not as quick as when I was a teenager, however I have put on over 4 kg (there are 2.2 pounds to a kg).

I am using any cream I can get my hands on - twice a day. I don't think that that creams really work but I think the rubbing is good for your skin as it increases blood flow.

I won't kid myself that I won't get them - I think that I will - I just hope that they don't take so long to fade this time!!!

ugh... i am getting them.

I'm irritated about them right now because i started my pregnancy overweight to begin with. I lost a few pounds due to all the morning sickness in first trimester & my weight has been holding steady for the last couple weeks. I don't think my belly really looks any bigger from the pregnancy than it does with the flab & being overweight, but I was looking at my tummy in the full length mirror & I had stretch marks on both sides of my tummy. It's so ridiculous! I didn't get stretch marks on my stomach from flabby weight gain, why get them now?

I already have them on my hips from weight gain/loss from when i was younger. i hope they fade as much.

I had my son almost 2 weeks ago and these stretch marks are really bringing me down :crybaby:Can someone please recommend something I can do??? I am currently trying Bio-Oil, just started using it so I'm not sure if it will work or not, any other suggestions?? My dermatologist had suggested VelaShape, anyone use that?? Please help!

I feel your pain. I have bright red stretch marks all over my tummy, bum, love handles, thighs!!! I've tried bio oil, palmers cocoa butter, mama mio stretch mark cream, expensive Italian lotions, .... Nothing is working and I've had my baby 8 weeks ago! I'm just going to get laser treatment when I'm done reproducing. On top of it all i've got vericose and spider veins. If you fing something that works please let me know!!!!

honestly what worked for me is just repeated (i mean years here) use of body lotion. I use philosophy and bath and body works body lotion after every shower. My youngest child was born 3.5 yrs ago, and I am stretch mark free. Repeated lotion use conditions your skin, and plumps it so that the stretch marks virtually disappear.

i wouldn't rush to velashape or lasers just yet. if your baby is only 2 weeks old, of course they will still be there now.

Unfortunately I think that the only things that are really proven to work are lasers and retin a creams, and I believe that both are only effective on new stretch marks, not old ones (ie: the sooner you get treatment, the better the result).

I've been using Argan oil and shea butter, and so far so good. I've also been using Chouette Mama body cream that I bought in Senegal, and it is simply amazing.

I used shea butta lotion and bio-oil. When you first get strech marks they are violent and red for many months even 1+ year, but after time they will fade they will never fully go away but it will get loads better.

I agree with chicka I think you have to moisturize which will help them to fade but they will never fully go away. I've given up on mine and without any lotion they have gotten lighter.